Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 54 of over 54 interviews

Recruitment Agency10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Insurance Australia Group

Application

I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group

Interview

Online video interview due to current lockdowns, followed by another call shortly after discussing employment options. Was offered a position but sadly declined due to a competing offer from another insurer.

Interview Questions
  • Why IAG would be a good culture fit
    Answer Question

Insurance Australia Group

Application

I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group

Interview

Phone screening first. One interview, then a meet and greet with potential colleagues. Interviewers were considerate enough to book a room on a different floor as I knew some people there.

Interview Questions
  • Not many technical questions. Some behavioural questions. Mostly about the work I've done.

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Auckland, Auckland) in May 2021

Interview

1. The interviewer first provided some background on the company. 2. Stated that IAG has adapted to hybrid working conditions - office-based and WFH 3. The interviewer then began with the interview questions - starting with questions regarding the availability and accessibility to the office location.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Are you available to work any 7.5hr shift between the opening hours of 8am-8pm (weekdays)?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online, completed a one-way video interview and received a psychometric and personality test invite. After completing the tests, the following week I got rejected and they couldn't even provide feedback and gave the usual "high number of applications" excuse. They couldn't even give automated feedback on the psychometric and personality tests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Melbourne)

Interview

The recruiter was awful. Having worked abroad most recently my references don’t have Australian phone numbers. Their website does not accept international numbers so I left the references blank and emailed the recruiter with the information and explained the situation. He emailed back to say they were received. 4 days later he called me to say they were waiting on references, I asked if he still had the email with the info, he said that he had forgotten that I had sent them and was apologetic. A week later he calls again to say they want to offer me the job if my references are good and they need to know when I can provide them as they were getting impatient. I knew at this point it was not going to be worth the stress so I briefly went over the above and accepted a different job offer with another company

Interview Questions
  • How I handle giving bad news to customers such as their car being written off etc

Insurance Australia Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group

Interview

There wasn't one. The recruitment process was totally hopeless which is embarrassing especially for a senior HR role. From advertising to contact (after first being super keen and me having to follow up multiple times) to telling me they decided they didn't need to role was 3 months. Utter waste of time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Auckland, Auckland) in Nov 2020

Interview

Had a one-sided 16 minute recorded interview followed by doing a business case study within 48 hours of receiving the information. The business case was 2 questions, maximum 1 page each: Designing systems that are easily testable both as discrete modules and as functioning systems. Designing systems that support contemporary deploy-ability patterns.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Auckland, Auckland) in Nov 2020

Interview

Clear process. Went through phone interview first, then an in person interview as well as a team work assessment, writing assessment, and simulation. Pretty straightforward. Had to wait for a bit before they replied and told you the outcome. But overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of behavioural based questions

Insurance Australia Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group

Interview

In the cover letter, I said that this program was what I was looking for. sonru video interview. received an email a few days before the inteview link was sent and was advised to complete it within 48hrs. did not get past this stage.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and what interests you about the IAG Graduate Program. What motivated you to apply?
  • What are you interested in learning as part of your development within the Graduate Program? Did you have a preference on which teams you would like to explore after reading the job description in the advertisement?
  • Tell us about a situation where you played an important role as a member of the team. What was your role? How did you contribute towards the team objectives? What did you find challenging?
  • What do you feel has been your greatest accomplishment to date?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Melbourne) in Apr 2020

Interview

The interview process was great experience . I thouroughly enjoyed the process. It started with video presentation, then phone screen, then background check and then referral process. Once the process is done, contract is sent. HR is really proactive and makes the whole interview process interesting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Interviews