Cover image for Altera

Add an Interview

Interview Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Altera

Interview was with a Senior Application Engineer-Hiring manager. The process was: --Self Introduction, --Work experiences, --Go over your resume and your educational experiences/projects in digital system --basic questions on Synthesis flow

Interview Answers

37 Answers

Nop Not yet.. Still waiting.. Good luck for you alex.. Let me know if in case you get any response..

Anonymous on

I had applied for the position which was posted for munich but during the Interview I was told that the training will be in the UK irrespective of the location you apply for.

Anonymous on

Ok Guys, I have got a feedback from Altera. They have invited me for a personal Interview to the UK. I think Munich was not feasible for them. I hope you all have got a response too..

Anonymous on

no i dont have.. have to apply next week.. what about u? and what date have u chosen for the interview?

Anonymous on

Ok. Even I have applied. I havent chosen a date yet. Will do once I get the Visa Confirmation. Good luck!

Alex on

Hi Alex, I had a question reagrding visa procedure, Have u applied for a buisness visa or a visitors visa? Could you give me more details on the visa process? Thanks!

Anonymous on

Thank you! I have got an appointment for monday in Munich!

Anonymous on

I actually had guessed the interview dates might get postponed due to the visa reasons so I had mentioned a later date.. and no u dont have to inform them anything.. its always the tentative dates they look into when a company sponsers for your travel and accomodation.. not the exact.. By the way, Has Altera asked you to choose the exact day? Or will they be choosing it for you?

Anonymous on

ok nice!! Do you know the interview procedure in the assessment centers? They have mentioned its going to be 3 rounds of interview and a group activity.. do you know more info about that?

Anonymous on

Ya you are right. Should be prepared for everything :-) Dont worry if you have applied last week then by next week you should get your visa. I was told it would take 12-15 days in total.

Anonymous on

Hi Alex, Have you recieved your visa and are you travelling on Monday?

Anonymous on

Oh nice!! The company has arranged taxi service from the airport to the hotel.. I hope its the same for you.. At the airport I guess at the arrivals they will find us.. Else you can call the contact number provided. What time is your flight? Which hotel have they booked for you?

Anonymous on

Yes I received it on Wednesday and my tickets has been booked too. Will be taking the flight from Munich on Monday. If possible leeme me know once you have received the visa and everything is confirmed!

Anonymous on

Hey, Im flying on Monday from Stuttgart. Do you know who to look for at the Airport?

Alex on

Hi, Which location was it for ? UK/Munich?

Alex on

Will reach at Heathrow at 18:00. Kings . I think it should be the same for you as well. See you. Good luck!

Alex on

Yes it is the same.. See you!

Did anyone get the job?

Anon on

can you please share the interview procedure at Altera.....Which acitivites did you do.....On what topic we have to present??........what were the tasks u were told to do??was der any group discussion round??etc etc

Anonymous on

Hey, Not yet. Expecting today. What about you? Have you received it? You got the tickets booked?

Alex on

I think it might be 2 rounds of technical discussions and 1 round of HR and some group activity. We should be prepared for anything and everything ;). Hope for the best. My worry is to get the Visa before the date. .

Alex on

OK. I think Altera will choose a day for us. I just replied them with the name and the preferred airport. Hopefuly, we should receive information regarding it in the coming days.

Alex on

ya true, it was the same case with me. And have you chosen Munich?

Anonymous on

No. Stuttgart is near to my place.

Alex on

Hi. What are the travel dates that you have mentioned in the Visa application form? Having the dates been changed do we have to inform about it?

Alex on

Hi, Even I got an invitation. What about the Visa ? Do you have one already?

Alex on

Yes Sure. Good luck to you too! Was the interviewer positive about calling you for further discussions? Are you from Germany/UK?

Alex on

Thanks!! He sounded positive of arranging a f2f meeting in Munich as I live in Germany.. well nothing is sure until I get a response..

Anonymous on

True. Lets hope for the best!

Alex on

hi guys even i had interview for the same position:):)....

Anonymous on

Among you both,who worked with altera products and tools and if yes,what are they??

Anonymous on

Synthesis flow questions: Key elements of synthesis, What kind of constraints are given, Which is the most important constraint? yes, I was asked to explain some parts of the projects & Internships a little more deeply.

Anonymous on

Is it ASIC Synthesis flow you are talking about?

Anonymous on

Any questions on salary.strength and weakness etc etc. or was it pure technical?How do you rate this interview??was it difficult?

xyz on

Yes I am talking about ASIC synthesis flow.. If you have used any Altera products or FPGAs then the questions will be based on them.. No questions on sal, But yes there were quite a few HR based questions on strength, weakness, expectations on the company, what do you know about the company etc.. Well the interview was not very difficult, Interviewer was friendly.. But this rating will not apply for all as it entirely depends on how you handle the questions, Technical/ Non-technical and answer them.

Anonymous on

Even I had a telephone interview for the same position. Yet to receive a response. Have you received any yet?

Alex on

Can you share the synthesis flow questions which was asked? -Was there cross questioning after your explanation on projects?

chris on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.