J.P. Morgan Vice President Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 9,936.0 interviews

Recruiter19%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dublin, Dublin) in Jun 2020

Interview

After applying for the job (it was advertised as "technology governance" I was contacted by someone on the recruitment admin team in India asking me for a suitable time for an interview. We arranged the time and date for a Monday. When I received the invitation I noticed it was for a completely different job title and reference number, the recruitment person resent with the correct job reference and sent me a copy of the job description after I asked for it. Sunday afternoon, the day before the interview, I was contacted by email to inform me that the hiring manager couldn't make it the following day and they would be in contact to rearrange. The next day we arrange another time for the following week. This time I was contacted around midnight the night before the interview to inform me that the hiring manager can't make it the next day, but would I be able to do an interview a couple of days later. So we have a third time arranged. I logged in on time for the video call, having checked my audio and video were working. The interviewer also turned up on time, so far so good. Except the interviewer was not the person I had been told would be interviewing me. However it turns out this person is the line manager for this role so that was fine and there were some mitigating circumstances explained to me. Overall, I thought the interview went well. That weekend I received an automated email telling me that I had to reapply for the job. On the Monday I was contacted again, they want to set up a second interview, with the Director, the person I originally thought I would be talking to, we arrange a time and date. I asked about the email from the weekend and was told they were rolling out new recruitment software and that everyone had to reapply, so I did. The morning of the interview I again get told the interviewer can't make it, and we arrange another time for later in the week. Again, I test my connections and log in on time. Again the interviewer turns up and is a completely different person to who I told would be interviewing me. Apparently she couldn't make it again, but instead of postponing for a 4th (or 5th?) time she has sent one of her peers from a different country. I thought the interview went well. Monday morning rolled around again and I logged in to my account on their recruitment website, I was somewhat surprised to see that I was no longer under consideration for the roll. On my account on their old system I was still active. So I emailed my recruitment contact for clarification. No response. After a week with no updates it was obvious that I was not successful, I asked for some interview feedback, again no response. Well over a month later I have not received any email or phone contact to tell me that I was not successful for this role. Nor, obviously, have I received any feedback. I have been a hiring manager for 15 years, 12 of those in another tier one investment bank, I have never not provided feedback on an interview. I would seriously hope that feedback was passed on to unsuccessful candidates. It seems that "ghosting" of applicants in the new norm, as I have similar experience after 4 other interviews recently, but to go through two interviews (and multiple unexplained postponements) is completely unacceptable in my opinion. Maybe they need to hire someone for "recruitment governance" instead of "technology governance".

Interview Questions
  • Can't remember anything specific, it was mainly CV based.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2020

Interview

Process moved fairly quickly, submitted my resume/application and heard back from the system within a couple days. They are moving HR systems so there were a handful of bugs that made the process a little bumpy but otherwise the recruiting team did a good job of keeping things moving forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore) in Feb 2020

Interview

Having been referred by an existing employee for a non advertised job, there was no job description shared with me before hand. This meant that I had very little to go on to prepare for the interview. The interview started off with the Executive Director doing a 1:1 for about half an hour to try and understand my current position and see if there is a fit for any roles that he currently has open. Then there was a technical round for another hour by a Vice President. This was deeply technical and delved on the internals of Core Java.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore)

Interview

Please try to read the mind of HR when they contact you. Everyone in the company is basically a Vice President. The positions offered by them are outrageous. A senior developer is called as Vice President and a junior developer is called an associate. Please get clarification of the actual job that is expected for your role. Interview was scheduled for 2 hours. There were names of 4 people in the interview call letter, two executives and two VPs. None of them were present during the interview process. First two less experienced employees took interview, who did not introduce themselves. Had to ask for their names. Then again two more employees took interview, who kept busy with basic coding questions and fancy puzzles that are asked to junior developers. None of these four could actually explain about the job role. Finally a manager came and I got some clarification from him. I am yet to get a confirmation on offer, but even if it comes, I'll decline for sure.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY)

Interview

I had the following interviews: 1. Recruiter emails, then call, exploratory 2. Onsite interview 3. Onsite interview with more people 4. Phone interview 5. Onsite interview. I almost gave up on the process, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your most recent projects. How do you stay up to date?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview process was very organized and well scheduled. The interviewers were VP and ED from various groups and it was one on one over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • It was very technical and specific to the position I was interviewing for.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore) in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied through JP Morgan's online application portal and got a confirmation for an initial interview with a VP. On the said date, the designated person was a no show. When I emailed JP Morgan I got a call from someone in JP Morgan who spoke to me for 15-20 minutes. Seemed like a screening call and nothing challenging was asked. A week went by and I wrote to JP Morgan only to find out that I'm not being considered for the role as the feedback was not positive. Gave the impression that they were not really interested in interviewing me at all and a time-filler screening round was scheduled only to tick some boxes in HR's excel sheet. Wasteful and unprofessional. Avoid if possible.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Recruiter contacted on linkedin, did a phone screen and told that it would be role a Vice President Technology role. I moved ahead with a clear understanding what role it was for and what was the salary range just to make sure nobody's time and energy is wasted in the end. I went for in person interviews. I was interviewed by 4 people 2 each in an interview. Interview was super easy and I didn't feel I was challenged at all for a senior role. That should have given me enough hint that they are trying to gather junior folks in that interview drive. Right after the interview as I was leaving, they called me back in the same hotel for a social meet up with their leadership and other selected candidates. None of the selected candidates seemed experienced to me, though a lot of them very smart folks. Their leadership was trying hard to sell themselves. People from JPMC had flown from Ohio, NY, NJ for this. I was told by their HR there that they were very interested and would want to move forward. After a few days I got a call from the recruiter once again that the hiring manager wants to have one more video conference with me. When I asked her if we were still honoring what she had told me in the beginning (role and salary), she paused and advised to ask the hiring manager. There you go. I could sense the problem. During my interview with the hiring manager, it was revealed that they would not consider me for an associate. When I asked recruiter, she asked for a fews days to work on it. Obviously, she never got back to me and I have to remind her that she owes me some information. She said they can't honor VP role anymore. Imagine a company that calls you for a director role and then low balls you right in the end and offers you a junior dev role. I did ask her why was I entertained at all if i didn't meet the bar during interviews. Of course, they don't answer. Also keep in mind that the hiring manager warned me that things are pretty slow in JPMC and coming from a dynamic tech background, I may not like it. Just wanted to share that as well for those who are seriously looking for a better career option.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Define rest service 2) How do you test your code 3) difference b/w synch and async programing paradigm. 4) problems with async and how to resolve 5) what is a container 6) A very open ended and super simple problem solving question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore) in Sep 2018

Interview

Had good discussion with HR before interview day, but Interview process was pathetic. Interviewer had asked just one technical question and interview was over. I am not sure if he was in hurry to reject the candidate or the process it self says true-false algorithm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England, England)

Interview

Phone screening followed by 3-4 rounds of face to face with different members of the team. Prepare to take half day off at least. The problem was that these people were actually from different teams.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Interviews