Marex Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marex

Marex

Application

I interviewed at Marex

Interview

30 minutes interview, non technical, some basic logic games, about for example what is the angle between hour and minutes sticks when it’s 3:15, or tell me something about yourself

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations
    1 Answer

Marex

Application

I interviewed at Marex

Interview

Interviews with several team members , face to face and a lot of importance placed on team fit . Technical questions were part of each interview until the final round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marex

Application

I interviewed at Marex

Interview

send an email, if your CV qualified, he will invite you to attend the interview. The former part of interview is basic questions. The second part is about the oil trading.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marex

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marex

Interview

2 rounds in total . this will probably be the best interview process if you know your subject matter . the questions are to the point . options theory , greeks , volatility .they dont stress so much into commodities specifications as the products can have different profiles but will test on your knowledge of exchange traded F&O . very quick response max 2 days . second round is basically with a quant or another member of the team , this can be technical but again similar to first round , not too much into core maths but will need to know theory and application of financial derivatives . it will be good to know some VBA and Python

Interview Questions
  • explain the calc techniques for VaR of a portfolio . explain the skewness in Vol and does it differ for different assets . know your greeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marex (London, England, England)

Interview

Fairly straight forward to arrange the interviews, however, very bad communication from HR afterwards. No correspondence what so ever to let me know I hadn’t got the job. I found this extremely rude considering I had given up 2 hours of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marex (London, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, including with HR and hiring managers. Good background given on the role, including the expectations and opportunities. The questions asked were direct and clear with adequate time given to formulate responses.

Interview Questions
  • Job specific questions on prior experience.
  • Questions about professional qualifications held.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Marex (London, England, England)

Interview

3 rounds. Initial Phone interview, technical phone interview and face to face. They never got back to inform or give feedback after the face to face. Not something you would want from a giant corporate. This is my feedback for the HR.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marex (London, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

I applied online for the position. Five days later a recruiter called me. While displaying excellent technical knowledge, he asked me questions about competences stated on my CV. He presented me the company, we discussed about the role and expectations on salary with not so much details about compensation, and he submitted my CV for the company. One day later we had a video call with the team leader plus one team member for a technical skills assessment. On the same day the recruiter called me to inform I was approved by the technical team As a last step I had a 1:1 with the area manager on the next week. Two days after the 1:1 RH presented the job offer to the recruiter. They payed what I asked. Four days later I signed the contract and started working on the same day.

Interview Questions
  • Describe at least two logs of a RDBMS.
  • How to assess the code of a stored procedure on SQL Server?
  • Basically, how the AD works?
  • Given some repetitive tasks to be automated, how would you structure a PowerShell script to do the job?
  • How do you check the amount of free memory on a Linux system?
  • How to you add a static route on a Linux server?
  • At this point, they figured out I really could deliver what my CV stated. They asked me questions about service delivery and customer support, and the interview ended after some explanations about the job itself and questions regarding work shifts and such.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marex (Singapore) in Jan 2019

Interview

Met senior broker and CEO next and its client next. It took about more than a month to get through the whole interview process. After all is done, I had salary negotiation with CEO on the phone and I finally got the offer from the company

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any connection in the industry? How much can you drink?

Marex

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Marex

Interview

Previous exeperience and competency questions. Interview lasted for about 1hour, I did not think that this would be a good next step for me; I was not interested when I found out more about the team and company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews