Marex Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marex

Marex

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marex in May 2022

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter who got me started with the interviewing process for a full-time position with a hybrid schedule 2 days onsite, 3 days remote. I was called up, was given a high level overview of the position and an hour later, interviewed with the UK- Team Lead. I was given a general overview of the company, the position, and then was interviewed on technical skills with these topics: SQL, PowerShell, Windows troubleshooting, Networking, and Linux. I provided some examples of the questions I remembered. The lead was reassuring when I didn't know the answer to some questions and I'm sure this first interview was to see if you can deliver based on the skillset that you put on your CV. 1 day after, I interviewed with the UK Applications Support Manager and the onsite lead from the office I'll be working out of. This 2nd interview focused on my experience with the technologies and was more in depth at my progression of my skillset and work experience, in addition to exploring more about the role and expectations and how I work in general. I believe this was the interview where they scoped out personality fit and a digger deep to how I approach technical issues and how experience progressed. The day after, I interviewed with 3 business heads, 1 of which I believe was the HR manager / HR lead, and 2 other top business people, where I was mostly asked about my experience, where I want to take my career, and more behavioral questions. Finally I was extended an offer a couple hours later in agreement with the pay I expected, which I accepted. Overall the interviews weren't incredibly difficult, the people interviewing were very understanding in the areas that I didn't have extensive experience in, and they showed interest in my previous demonstrated ability to learn and adapt. They were understanding during the interview process of my availability to change roles and after the offer was extended, they accommodated for the time I'll need to put in the two weeks in my current role, which I was appreciative of.

Interview Questions
  • What is a foreign key?
    Answer Question
  • What does DISTINCT do in a SQL query?
  • What are the two key differences between languages like PowerShell, Python and VBS?
  • What is a view in SQL?
  • In what instance would you use the get-member cmdlet?
  • What is the Pipeline in PowerShell?
  • Where would you go to collect logs for an application crash?
  • Where would you look to find active processes in a windows machine?
  • How would you identify if a server is active and listening in a specific port?
  • What command would you use to identify how many hops packets go through in a network?
  • (linux) What command do you run to view available disk space?
  • (linux) What command would you use to view the memory?
  • Scenario: (Windows) You encounter a service whose startup type is set to automatic, but the service is not running and when started, it stops. How would you go about troubleshooting this and where would you go to start troubleshooting?

Marex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marex

Interview

Very good, I believe I answered the questions carefully and diligently to get the job offer. The manager does not believe in beating around the bush, which I respect. It was a thorough interview and I achieved a positive end result.

Interview Questions
  • What is an option and how are they used in finance?

Marex

Application

I interviewed at Marex

Interview

30 minutes interview, non technical, some basic logic games, about for example what is the angle between hour and minutes sticks when it’s 3:15, or tell me something about yourself

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations

Marex

Application

I interviewed at Marex

Interview

Interviews with several team members , face to face and a lot of importance placed on team fit . Technical questions were part of each interview until the final round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Marex (Chicago, IL)

Interview

send an email, if your CV qualified, he will invite you to attend the interview. The former part of interview is basic questions. The second part is about the oil trading.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marex (London, England)

Interview

2 rounds in total . this will probably be the best interview process if you know your subject matter . the questions are to the point . options theory , greeks , volatility .they dont stress so much into commodities specifications as the products can have different profiles but will test on your knowledge of exchange traded F&O . very quick response max 2 days . second round is basically with a quant or another member of the team , this can be technical but again similar to first round , not too much into core maths but will need to know theory and application of financial derivatives . it will be good to know some VBA and Python

Interview Questions
  • explain the calc techniques for VaR of a portfolio . explain the skewness in Vol and does it differ for different assets . know your greeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marex (London, England)

Interview

Fairly straight forward to arrange the interviews, however, very bad communication from HR afterwards. No correspondence what so ever to let me know I hadn’t got the job. I found this extremely rude considering I had given up 2 hours of my time.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marex (London, England) in Dec 2019

Interview

Robust interview process . There were at least three rounds of interviews at their offices, with multiple interviews at each round. This included senior divisional/business heads, CFO and CEO. Global Head of HR provided excellent background on culture and critical success factors for the role.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with video and other digital content?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marex (London, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, including with HR and hiring managers. Good background given on the role, including the expectations and opportunities. The questions asked were direct and clear with adequate time given to formulate responses.

Interview Questions
  • Job specific questions on prior experience.
  • Questions about professional qualifications held.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Marex (London, England)

Interview

3 rounds. Initial Phone interview, technical phone interview and face to face. They never got back to inform or give feedback after the face to face. Not something you would want from a giant corporate. This is my feedback for the HR.

1 person found this interview helpful