Meredith Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Meredith Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Meredith Corporation

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

4 video interviews with 4 team members and 1 marketing/analytical assessment. References required. Very professional but warm and welcoming. Never waited more than 12 hours for a follow up from each step through to offer.

Interview Questions

• Generic experience questions   Answer Question
    • If you were to market a brand you created based on your passions, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • What are somethings you think that competitors in our space are doing well?   Answer Question
    • Name 5 adjectives to describe yourself and 1 that a colleague would likely use to describe you   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

Lengthy, Multiple phones screens and in person interviews with various team members. Required two days of in person interviews. Met with all team leads of different departments to engage with and see how interations go.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation in August 2020.

Interview

I have over 8 years in my field. Initial screening interview with hiring manager, then asked to do an unpaid strategy / plan presentation as homework, which instead of as a final round project was used as a screen vs final round decider. Super unprofessional - they declined to move forward than then re-listed the job req. Avoid if possible.

Interview Questions

• provide high level recommendations for an SEM strategy and for one other marketing channel strategy of your choice (online or offline) for MyLife with the goal of driving app subscriptions.   Answer Question

Supervisor Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The person was 20 minutes late to my interview and did not let me know they would be late. I had to message them asking if this time still worked for their schedule. I was asked about my experience, told about the job, asked when I could start and then asked what my salary is. The person admitted that they should not have asked me about my salary since that’s an HR question but they did it anyway. The best part is I didn’t get to ask any questions because the person was late and had to go. But I could “email” questions. I wrote that person my salary requirements and never heard back again. This is how people are treated when interviewing during a pandemic. It was obvious from the beginning of the interview that the employer was not prepared and that it was about fulfilling a number and not getting to know the candidate. I was overly prepared for this interview but Meredith Corporation unfortunately did not come to play. This was a very disappointing interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Microsoft word?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

Applied online. Called within one week of application. Telephone and two in person. Met with 5 managers. Offer and background check done. Started within month from interview. Good communication regarding interview status.

Advertising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

I applied through the website and was contacted about 2-3 weeks later. From start to finish the entire process took about 3 months before I started. Everything was done fairly.

Publication Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (Hoover, AL (US)).

Interview

Basically, I did their full interview process (3 Steps - phone interview, test, and in person)... and they didnt have the courtesy to tell me I wasnt hired until I called 4 months later. To seek and apply for a job is a true investment of time. The very least they couldve done was write an email that said they moved forward with other candidates. For a communication industry, communication seems be lacking.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my previous jobs... Nothing stands out.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Not sure where to start. Everything was fantastic up until it was time to make an offer, or not make an offer. Everyone was really nice, scheduling was flexible, pretty easy going experience.

All of a sudden no one could be reached it seems? The recruiter kept saying they will put pressure on the team to make a decision, but the decision just never happened ? Very weird. But, nice people overall from what I observed.

Senior Nodejs Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter external to Meredith submitted me after asking me 3x over 2y about same role. Somehow it'd been unfulfilled for years but I was soon to find out why. The usual 1st round HR screen then the 24h long "Meredith Coding Challenge" was submitted, it was said to take 2h but I used 5h. It was quite a open ended way to show skills wherein I used nodeJS given the role's demands. That might have been sufficient so they scheduled a 2.5h final round interview. First was the boss' parallel boss in a parallel group, no problem. Same for the 2nd. Third person was the boss of them all, very strong emphasis on personality and ability to rise into leadership. Forth was the problem being a famously gratituous hard-nosed Lead Dev to the point of rude and flippant. She was immediately disapproving and never let up ultimately obviously never satisfied. Next was a Developer, easy questions therein. Last was boss himself but no content and though friendly, it was clear he took the immediate disapproval of #4 to disapprove.

Interview Questions

• How does nodeJS serve a response?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Interview

Really easy - felt like just chatting with friends. They asked all the normal questions and then threw in some fun questions as well. They offered me the position on the spot but were willing to give me time to think about it as well.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.