Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,156 of over 1,156.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting18%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Merrill Lynch

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview

Interview process was typical for college junior. Recruiting began in the fall and went on throughout first semester. My first interview was on video chat and then i went to new york city for a super day. I heard back from them a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about yourself (etc)
    Answer Question

Merrill Lynch

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview

multiple interviews-with multiple advisors and management. Three rounds over three weeks each of them different roles and different questions. Most were advisors asking how you would build a business. Others were asking about qualities you had and examples. They were looking to see if you understood the challenges of coming into the business.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Northfield, NJ) in Mar 2022

Interview

They like to explain the position well in-depth and want you to learn more. Each interview can reach over an hour. Be ready to ask questions and be personable. The more questions the better. They are willing to answer anything and want to know more about you. The questions are just like any other interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a little about yourself? Why do you think you are a good fit for this role? What types of client services are you familiar with and do you have the experience? What can you bring to the table?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Austin, TX) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was three rounds. First round with HR as a screening interview. Second and third with supervisors in the development program. The application process took a couple weeks; However, the interview process lasted two days with the first interview on the first day and the second and third on the next day.

Interview Questions
  • When is a time you have failed to meet a goal and what did you do moving forward?

Merrill Lynch

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview

Interview was quiet intensive. Had to do a take a lot of text to prove fit for the job. Over all it was a great experience. I wasn't sure I was going to get an offer but I did. They will train you on the job

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Merrill Lynch

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview

The interviews happened with multiple people interviewing me at the same time which made it a bit difficult because multiple people were firing questions at me one after another and I had to think very fast on the fly.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience in supporting trading related applications.

Merrill Lynch

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview

It was just two behavioral questions and resume explanation. The interviewer called me late which I always find unprofessional and lacking respect. There were limited options to schedule the interview - all on the same day just different times, and the day that they offered for interviews was the next day, so pretty inconvenient for someone who is already in the workforce.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you would handle a situation in which an advisor gave you pushback.
1 person found this interview helpful

Merrill Lynch

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview

Two short 1 hour interviews. All behavioral. questions. First one was with a manager for about 45 minutes. Pretty straightforward. Second one was with two different people, also extremely straightforward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Merrill Lynch

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview

Nice, boss was easy-going. Was not intimidating. Would interview again and recommend to a friend. Friendly environment. I am glad to have worked there and consider going back in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY)

Interview

They asked me about my school, experience, why I want to work there. They asked behavioral questions as well. There was three interviews and they were all pretty standard. It was not super technical.

Interview Questions
  • One was the tell me about yourself.
1 person found this interview helpful