Meta Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8,762 of over 8,762.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    Answer Question
1884 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter out of the blue telling me how they are really impressed by my CV. From first moment the interaction felt very impersonal and hurried up. Yes I know you are reaching out to a lot of candidates but let's not forget you are still talking to a human. I then got scheduled for an interview which was cancelled last moment apparently because the interviewer was sick. We then moved on to reschedule. Two weeks later I show up for the (remote) interview. The interviewer was late 5 minutes and when he showed he did not really seem to bother. We then swiftly began the process. I struggled a lot understanding the interviewer accent who seemed even lazy to clearly articulate properly his words. He was talking but you were getting a sense that he did not really care if he was understood. I completely zoned out, but I answered well the coding questions which I share below. We then moved on to the product related questions which were pretty basic and what you typically find on the web. I answered, but the whole process was feeling like a disconnect and I had a feeling we were both there just because we had too. To sum up - worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions
  • Given the following data: Table: searches Columns: date STRING date of the search, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, user_id INT the unique identifier of the searcher, age_group STRING ('<30', '30-50', '50+'), search_query STRING the text of the search query Sample Rows: date | search_id | user_id | age_group | search_query -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 9991 | '<30' | 'justin bieber' '2020-01-01' | 102 | 9991 | '<30' | 'menlo park' '2020-01-01' | 103 | 5555 | '30-50' | 'john' '2020-01-01' | 104 | 1234 | '50+' | 'funny cats' Table: search_results Columns: date STRING date of the search action, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, result_id INT the unique identifier of the result, result_type STRING (page, event, group, person, post, etc.), clicked BOOLEAN did the user click on the result? Sample Rows: date | search_id | result_id | result_type | clicked -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1001 | 'page' | TRUE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1002 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1003 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1004 | 'group' | FALSE Over the last 7 days, how many users made more than 10 searches? You notice that the number of users that clicked on a search result about a Facebook Event increased 10% week-over-week. How would you investigate? How do you decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing? The Events team wants to up-rank Events such that they show up higher in Search. How would you determine if this is a good idea or not?
100 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

This was the WORST interview experience I’ve ever had in my life. I was eager to work for FB because of the glowing glass door reviews. I reached out to many people blindly on LinkedIn to ask for help in the hopes of a referral and luckily one person did this. Next, I met with HR who asked me about my background and skills and told me if I see something in the future and I am a match, I should have the FB employee refer me and HR Person #1 will be my “sponsor”. I did this many times and I was eventually contacted by HR person #2 about a role. HR Person #2’s emails to me were hot and cold (eager to meet one min., ghosting the next). After about three months of this, we had a phone interview and he punted me to HR Person #3 who would schedule the meeting via their interview website with the Team Leader and me. HR person #3 was lackadaisical in her response and I thought I was getting ghosted again or the system was broken. I followed up with HR person #2 and finally, the meeting was set. I met with the Team Leader for a video interview and I thought I did well however, at the end I got the passive aggressive decline statement of “Well, we’re still interviewing candidates, thank you for your time”. I asked HR Person #2 for the Team Lead’s email so I could send a thank you note and I was ghosted again! After I was given the chance to do a survey from FB and I wrote about my abysmal experience. Oddly, almost immediately after, many HR people reached out to me including HR Person #2 . He said the Team Lead was impressed with me and he wanted to set up a panel interview and introduced me to HR Person #4 who would take me through the next part . HR #4 and I spoke and he said “I’d be the person to make you an offer”. This statement angers me the most because HR should not say this unless you will do that. This statement made me think “wow - it seems like I have the job” because I HAVE heard this from HR people who have offered me jobs in the past. HR person #4 had me work with HR person #3 on giving my times for the panel interview through their online site again. FYI - if you want communication through this site, you should promptly respond to people in it. I consistently got mixed messaging and slow response times and emails were more efficient. I was always unsure what was the correct communication method. If you wanted this site to be used why do you ignore me when I communicate through it? HR person #4 also told me about their mentoring program and provided me the questions that the panel would ask me. Based on my research, I found out I needed to use the STAR method when giving responses. Regarding the “mentoring program” I found the direction of how to use it awful. The broad overview and the use of it was akin to a Boss saying “Come out for a happy hour if you want to go”. With those types of invites you always have to say “yes”. I reached out to three people for a “mentor” meeting. One ignored me (PATTERN!), the second questioned why I would reach out to her. The third was an awesome, super nice man. I spent a WHOLE WEEKEND prepping for an interview with four people. During the interview, three seemed very impressed with my responses and background and also made it seem that the job was mine. The last person I met with was the person who would be my manager. Sadly, she was not invested at all in this meeting. She questioned my background and made a rude digs at my various career choices which was unkind. After, I sent everyone thank you notes in the system and via their email (mixed messaging from the panel as well on how to communicate) and I kept in touch with HR #4 on how it went. I was informed about a week later that I did not get the job with a poorly written, grammatically incorrect recycled note. No specific feedback was given as to why I was not chosen. However, I was told the team I met with liked me a lot and supported me for other opportunities. I looked on LinkedIn to see who accepted the job and what skills they had VS mine. Oddly, the job was immediately re-posted on LinkedIn which I found extremely befuddling. Upon further LinkedIn sleuthing, they already had a person in this role?! Over time I reached out to recruiter #4 regarding opportunities that I could fulfill but nothing materialized. Upon more sleuthing on LinkedIn, I see that the reason why the Hiring manager I met with was not invested in the meeting is she had a coworker from her prior employer that she wanted to put in this role. The purpose of me interviewing was most likely fulfilling an HR metric. To potential candidates interviewing here - don’t waste your time. The amount of time I spent interviewing here was too much (spoke with 11 people and devoted too many HOURS to this). The confusion, lack of communication and the disrespect I received was abhorrent. Don’t give them the satisfaction of using you as an HR metric as well.

47 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta in Aug 2021

Interview

Reached out by recruiter. Technical screening, 1hr, 5 python, 5 SQL You will be able to see the test cases as you're coding. For SQL questions you can query the database to check the data. I got 9.5 out of 10 questions correct. The last SQL questions I got incorrect, but the interviewer said my logic looked right. Waiting for response.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function to return the number of times a character appears in a string. The character can be the empty string.
  • Complete a function that returns a list containing mismatched words in two strings. The return list can be in any order. I used set to solve this question, but was also asked to verbally explain how I would solve it without using sets.
  • Given an array containing None values, fill in the array with the most recent None value. If the list starts with None, then don't do anything to it.
  • Given a dictionary, print the key for nth highest value present in the dict. If there are more than 1 record present for nth highest value then sort the key and print the first one (alphabetically). N can be higher than the number of elements in the dictionary.
  • Given a list of ints, balance the list so that each int appears equally in the list. Return a dictionary where the key is the int and the value is the count needed to balance the list. [1, 1, 2] => {2: 1} [1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2] => {5: 2, 3: 2, 2: 1}
  • What percent of all products in the grocery chain's catalog are both low fat and recyclable?
  • What are the top five (ranked in decreasing order) single-channel media types that correspond to the most money the grocery chain had spent on its promotional campaigns? media_type can contain mutliple values seperated by a comma, so single channel is when media_type only has one value.
  • Percent of sales that had a valid promotion, the VP of marketing wants to know what percent of transactions occur on either the very first day or the very last day of a promotion campaign.
  • Write a query that returns product_family, units_sold, percentage of promoted.
  • Write a query that returns percentage of unsold product_category.
54 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meta (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Jan 2022

Interview

Very nice interviewer. Very casual. No BS intro and talking points. Actually, read the CV before the interview. The interview was as scheduled for 45 minutes. 2 questions, knowledge of javascript internals and DOM manipulation.

Interview Questions
  • For a recursive description of DOM elements i.e. var dom = { type:'div', props:{id:'hello', children:[{type:'h1', children:'HELLO'}]}}. Define a function that prepares a actual dom elements.
  • Prepare a setTimeout and clearTimeout and clearAllTimeouts . Should be global and have a garbage collection system for all running timeouts on demand.
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Meta (Washington, DC)

Interview

Originally, I wasn't going to write a review. After reading about how companies hire people they know they will fire, Facebook/Meta being one, I believe I was interviewed by a group that knew it wasn't going to hire me - and felt like it was wrong for them to waste my time. It's a long process with the standard interview screens, technical interview, and day long back to back interviews. The interviews themselves went very well; however, I was told that I wasn't offered the job because I didn't have enough "conflict management" experience at the level that I was being brought in. This was vague and made zero sense considering my 20+ years of success in very political, large consulting firms. I felt like the team didn't want to hire me and couldn't find a real reason to disqualify me so they made one up. Having worked so long with politicians and racists, I'm very familiar with the things they say and do when you aren't one of them. It's what people tell folk that they know are qualified and just don't want to hire or bring onto their team for reasons that they know aren't right. Had I been told that I didn't meet technical qualifications (which there were some obvious ones) or told something that was specific, I would have determined that I didn't meet the mark and had some work to do. Nope - I received vague, untrue feedback, that made it clear that they wasted my time. It's too long of a process to be told nonsense because you don't have a real reason except for reasons that are not legal nor what Facebook/Meta is supposed to stand for. Sorry Facebook/Meta, your staff may need more than unconscious bias training and "talks about race" to uncover and remove discrimination that obviously still exists in your company. Good luck to others whom I hope will not have their time wasted like mine. My time is expensive, so future interviewers, please respect it like I respected the process by being prepared, taking time time off, and following up professionally. Don't interview to fill a quota knowing that I'm not in the running. And if I am, don't downgrade me because my skills intimidate and see me as an asset rather than competition. Overall, just don't waste my time and anyone else that you want to check the box for.

Interview Questions
  • Standard program management, incident management/response questions, barely any technical questions whatsoever.
4 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Very process based. First round doesn't ask you about your experience; just product execution questions and product strategy with open ended questions. Definitely would recommend 2+ weeks to get practice interviews under belt

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Could not understand interviewer both language and logic. Also question was very unclear and open ended. Easily highest stress and worst interview I've ever had. I just exited 20 min in since it was that uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
  • check if courses can be completed successfully given a dependency list and range of courses to check.
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

2 question 40 mins useing java. No compiler. The interviewer does not give me any hints so fells bad. This interview is very hard for me and I think that is why it is Meta.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode questions. Tow medium question but have variations.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Applied online, heard back from a recruiter a couple of months later to schedule an interview. I then had the interview with a senior researcher, not the hiring manager. I did not move to the final stage: (virtual) onsite interview

Interview Questions
  • When is it appropriate to conduct a focus group vs user interviews? When would you use a low fidelity prototype?
Be the first to find this interview helpful