Meta Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,635 of over 8,524.0 interviews

Applied online23%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    Answer Question
1880 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

After applying you'll be given the ability to schedule an interview. The first interview is technical and takes place over Zoom and on coderpad. The interviewer will ask you two questions and you will have 45 minutes to solve both. You will be unable to compile your code and test it so you will have to walk through it by hand. The questions that I was given were both classified as hard on leetcode.

Interview Questions
  • change directory simple calculator can both be found on leetcode
1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Phone interview, 2 leetcode easy/medium. Engineer was difficult to understand and completely disinterested, told me my solution was wrong due to (ridiculous) constraints they had put on the problem, and didn't offer any hints following that.

2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Coding for the phone round, 3 coding rounds and 1 behavioral for the final round, and 1 additional coding round as a follow up. 2 questions per coding round and 5 minutes for questions (total 45 min).

Interview Questions
  • Signed an NDA, common leetcode questions with a mix of easy/medium/hard

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

phone interview - DA and Algo, no BQ question 5 min Tell me about yourself 35 min 2 medium leetcode questions with follow up 5 min QA onsite interview - DA and Algo, BQ, system design question

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Overall, the process is very effective, one of the interviewers absented though. The recruiter is very nice during the process but once they reject you, they probably don't reply to you anymore.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meta in Nov 2021

Interview

Super tough tech screen. Be prepared. I was reached out by a recruiter. Had phone call and schedule tech screen. Interviewer was nice but they really don’t go over your background or about you in the call. Just straight to the code so expect that. The problems were as follows: Given String word and a string order sort it according to the order. So given ABBCC and order CBA the result should be CCBBA. I used a HashMultiset of Character and iterated over input. Then I iterated over the order and added the count from the set of that character, not too difficult. Second problem was to do columns of binary tree and the columns should also be in top down order. Final result is list of the nodes data in that order. Honestly no clue how to solve that. I tried doing a traversal and fit each node putting its row and column into a map and then finally building up the list by sorting on the column

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

First, the interviewer introduces himself. And start the interview with one coding question and I ask some clarifying questions about this question and tell him my thought and start the code. Last, ask the interviewer some questions about the company or themselves.

Interview Questions
  • There is a maze and has some "Gate", "Wall" and empty blocks. We don't know the number of them. Calculate each empty block's shortest path to the "Gate" block. The "Wall" block means we can not pass.

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

1. Recommended by an intern at the company 2. First Round Interview with 1 person (technical) 3. Final Round Interview with 4 people (1 behavioral, 3 technical) Very clear communication with the recruiter with fast responses. Interviews were scheduled quite fast after giving times I was free.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

New grad, referral HR contacted for immigration survey and schedule phone interview. 1 phone interview Virtual Onsite scheduled 2 weeks after phone interview vo: 2 coding + 1 behavior question 2 questions for each tech round bq: most difficult project, conflict x x x x

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,635 Interviews