Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2019.

Interview

I was invited to the first stage which was a phone interview but didn't get to the next stages which will involve going to Redmond, Washington and undergoing about two to three sets of 45 minutes interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you arrange numbers in a phone book?
    How do you test a tv remote?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online. On campus first round interview. Some basic questions. The person was really helpful. No matter how you feel about the interview just understand that the interview helped you get better. It doest really matter if you got the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• The first round of the interview was on campus. I was asked simple questions about my resume and then also some questions regarding binary trees and binary search trees. And then a technical question on binary trees   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2019.

Interview

I apply through its page, they called me 2 weeks later. I had a phone interview with a member of the department I applied. The process for the 1st interview was short but I had to wait much more for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why this department?, why this company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for the Holo Lens Intern position in Mountain View Cailfornia. It began with a phone call and a second round fly out interview. On the call I had to describe my classes to them and in person I had to explain hower lasers work, how basic optics work, diodes, sorting arrays, philosophical questions, additionally I had to explain my resume work in complete detail. It's important to understand controls and know the Simulink software. I had to discuss my goals for the future and the future of holo lens as well.

Interview Questions

• Draw a voltage graph for a diode (with cut off voltage marked)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There was two phone interviews. First one was with the manager and he asked about my background. Second one was with one of the engineers where he asked technical questions about machine learning.

Interview Questions

• Pick a machine learning algorithm and describe it. What optimization method would you use for this algorithm.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. Did not hear back for 2 months. Got the rejection email saying no spots left. Got email after few days for setting up onsite. 4 rounds technical + lunch was kind of technical too with one of their engineers.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interviewer asked my several questions about my projects , not hard
    later on he asked me some basic things about compiler and program analysis, not hard either
    last, he asked me about several ways of debugging a compiler bug, like using log, dumping memory layout...
    and also, he asked me several questions about my paper and research experience

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Provo, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Submit resume , if selected go to on campus interview, from there either given a pass or asked for superday. While my resume passed the first screen. They really wanted someone with more finance classes than just 1. All the other analytical stuff did not really seem to matter.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was an on-campus Interview. Interview started with asking me about my project experience and then a programming question. It went well but after 2 weeks I got a reject.

Interview Questions

• Programming question on strings   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Evanston, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Talked to developer at job fair, then got email for 30 minute on-campus interview a few weeks later. The interviewer was very antsy, and I later discovered he was supposed to board his flight in two hours and my interview was his last. Whole experience felt rushed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.