Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen by recruiters that are contracted by Microsoft. It went well and was very friendly. Primary questions were about security clearance, why I was leaving my prior employer, and a run down of my skills and work work experience. Moving forward I was selected for 3 back to back virtual interviews via Skype. The recruiter called me the night before and we went over some of the points that she knew they were looking for. Overall the 3 interviews went well, friendly, and mix of behavioral and skill based questions. At the end of the day, I was not selected for the position and the recruiter never followed up with me like she said she would.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Arrive in the morning at 9 am at the recruitment building. You get anywhere from 3-5 interviews with various employees at all different levels of the company. Each interview has themes, usually one technical interview, another one focused on your ability to understand user needs, and a variety of personality / management and leadership experience talks.

Interview Questions

• General walk through of your resume   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. It was followed by an on-site interview consisting of three 45 min interviews with different interviewers. Overall, it was very straightforward and they provided a lot of info to help with preparation.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

1 phone screen with Human Resources, 2 in person interviews at the office location in one day with current employees and benefits overview from HR rep. Well coordinated and overall a great experience

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the internet to your grandparents?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was nervous but the interviewer appeared to be understanding and didn't make me feel under pressure. There were times I did not know how to answer the question and the interviewer was patient and further explained the question.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain calculus to a 5 year old?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with MSFT in the Spring of 2019 via my college recruiting. Process took over 6 weeks. Phone screen then onsites. Process was smooth for the most part. Interviewers were affable and engaging. Overall expeience was positive.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter phone screen > peer interview > peer interview > onsite manager interview. The team were friendly, questions were a little dry but comprehensive. Phone screen gave me a good overview of the process and things moved pretty quickly from there. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a project was failing and how you responded.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

It was an over the phone process, after which I decided not to pursue the opportunity as I received another offer. It was, however, an easy process and is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your project management experience   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager calls and says that when we got your resume it was perfect as we need someone with your background. But I need someone technical. I did tell him I have technical experience in networking (which is what he was looking for) but it’s been very long time and I am out of touch. So he goes like so if I give you a day or two would that be enough to go over the concepts and then I call you again and interview you. I said Yes. He said I will call you next day. I spent who day and night going over all the concepts. The time of the interview comes and he never calls. I called him to which I was told “I cannot talk right now”. An hour passes he calls and says I was stuck in important meeting. And he cannot call me tomorrow as he is on vacation so it has to be Next week. He said he will schedule interview and send me invite via email. Guess what happened next? No invite and no reply for the emails. I sent him 3 or 4 emails asking if he is still interested in interviewing. Nothing!!! Until after few weeks I get automated email of “sorry we will not consider you for the role”. The amount of unprofessionalism I observed was mind boggling.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus interview . I networked with them at a career fair, and was invited to apply online. After 3 weeks, I was offered a 30-minute on-campus interview. There were 5 minutes of behavioral questions, a 20-minute design session, and 5 minutes reserved for any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.