Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Great !
The requirements are fair. You need to practice your basic data structure and algorithm. I think the most important for the interview is that you fit in their culture. Look up culture at Microsoft on their website to learn more.

Interview Questions

• Graphs, 2D Matrix, String manipulation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very well structured, engaging managers and quick responses. High quality process with lots of relevant information about the role. Never felt unclear about expectations or the timeline of interviews. Would recommend applying

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are about 3-4 separate technical interviews in the coding language of your choice. You must first apply through the jobs and careers page in the company site and then check the action center periodically before you receive an email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked behavioral questions on my resume prior to a random coding question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

They gave me a 30 minute coding challenge where I had to show my coding process to an interviewer on screen. I had to explain my code to the interviewer about why I wrote my code in that way.

Interview Questions

• Why did you write your code this way?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Didn't get an offer but it was a great experience overall. All people I came in contact with were very nice. The recruiter was very supportive throughout the process and let me know of the feedbacks the day after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The interviewers were all super nice (except one guy who was semi-rude). The interviews were intense. I studied tons of LeetCode problems, but all of my interview questions were questions I didn't practice (bad luck). However, my knowledge of DS&A is what allowed me to find the solutions. Seriously, study your DS&A. Also, be social and make them laugh, it works.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
    There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   9 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1-hour phone tech interview. First, we introduced to each other about the background then comes with 1 algorithm problem. During the solving process there's a lot of questions was asked.

Interview Questions

• find how many times an sorted array has been rotated eg: [4,5,6,1,2,3] ans:3   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview loop consisted of going from office to office, talking to 5+ engineers, and mostly solving coding problems on the whiteboard, in real time. Additionally, some "brain teaser" type questions were asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First-round. Contacted by a recruiter. Had a coding question to solve in 45 min.
    Along with explanation. First, introduce yourself and then started with the experience and projects and finally the coding question.

Interview Questions

• Coding question asked was Spiral Matrix- Leetcode medium   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.