Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in China, ME (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (China, ME (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Questions about personal details are being asked, as well as general questions like why do you come to Singapore and what do you expect to see in Singapore. The questions were not hard and the interviewers were generally friendly.There were 4 people interviewing and one in charge of asking the questions others are sitting there and taking note or observing.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and the interviewers were very good.During the interview, I felt very relaxed.They will also give you some advice.They will also give you some advice. Especially at the beginning of the trial lecture, they will propose some better methods based on your content.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher?   1 Answer

Education Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Essay topic - more on teachers' ethics, the do's & dont's, what do u think is right etc
    Lesson presentation - choose something simple, inform e panel your lesson objective (what u want to achieve/teach for that lesson eg on proverbs or descriptive writing etc), level eg p6 & students ability eg average students
    Interview qns - they will ask u on what you have written for your essay/your views - do not answer anything that will put down e Ministry's policy eg why do u think students nowadays are poor in MT - don't answer something like

The interview panel will act as students & will distract u while u are delivering yr lesson eg throw paper at u or distracting yr lesson
    Have to be firm & show them that u can control a class of 30 or 40 students & at the same time inject some humour in yr lesson.

Interview Questions

• Share your previous experiences and what if a student misbehaves?   Answer Question

Contract Untrained Teacher (PGDE) Interview

Interview

It was smooth and pleasant. The interviewers are nice and welcoming. There was some waiting between the writing assignment and the interview. Overall, a good experience, do not need to worry too much.

Contract Untrained Teacher (PGDE) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Applied via Careers@Gov portal, the interview was done face to face. Depending on what subject you applied for, the interviewing panel changes. Be sure of what subjects you want to teach when the HR staff contact you.

The interview consisted of a 20 minute written task, 5 minute lesson demonstration, followed by the interview itself. The panel were friendly and did not interrupt the lesson demonstration at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about digitalization of teaching moving forward?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Panel interview including a HR personnel and a principal . Everyone is given a chance to speak , hence do not need to snatch to speak . Will ask about MOE recent policy .

Interview Questions

• What career will you choose if you do not become a teacher ?   Answer Question

Service Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Not too difficult , just self introduction & shared own experience. Some back ground checking so just speak the truth. Q&A session before ending the interview. Package will only offer after selected.

Interview Questions

• asked to share own experience on how to handle customer inquiries / complaint   Answer Question

Interview

Not bad, the process went smoothly. Hr is very friendly, the interview time is at the morning. The whole process takes about one hours to finish. The experience is great.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

I was interviewed on 25 Sep, you may wait for more than a month after your application submitted until you get called for interview.
    Before the actual interview, HR will call you to conduct an informal phone 'interview', they will ask you questions like your background, your view about Singapore's education system or the latest MOE policy changes.
    You will then receive another call and followed by an email for the interview details as well as what you would expect after the interview.
    On my interview day, HR will first check and verify all your application documents, and you will be given 20 mins for a written test, which asks your view on a controversial situation related to teacher. The question for me is: Your colleague and good friend, a female teacher, often posts anti-establishment sentiments on Twitter, and she shared with you that she is going to bring such sentiment to the class for discussion on current affairs. What advice will you give to your good friend?
    After completing the written test, you will wait to be called to see the interview panel.
    For me, there were 2 senior school leaders, and 2 HR personnel . The questions are all from the 2 senior school leaders, the 2 HR personnel were only there for notes taking. You will first spend 5 mins to give a short lesson to the panel for a suitable topic about your choice of teaching, and the panel will act like students and they will interrupt you and ask questions as students while you are presenting.

Interview Questions

• After the presentation, the panel will ask you interview questions. For me, I was asked 3 questions:
      1. Why you choose the topic, and why you choose to be a teacher?
      2. Do you think teaching students non-academic related content, like character building, are important? How would you incorporate those in your class?
      3. Share your views in the written test and why you would respond in that way?   Answer Question

Kindergarten Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore) in September 2020.

Interview

I would say from the portal application to the email was pretty long, about 2 months.

As I applied for the mother tongue teacher position, upon arriving at the location, I was first tasked to do up 2 essays, which I was given 15 mins for each. Both sets of essay had the same question, with the option to choose 1 out of the 2, 1 page limit. Its pretty standard interview question, just that you have to write in an essay form, and for those of you heavily reliant on resources, sadly resources are not allowed (including dictionary). Upon completion (including some admin stuff), I then proceed for the interview.

I had an approximately 50 minutes worth of interview. 3 interviewers as to 1 applicant. I first was interviewed in English then they smoothly transit into the mother tongue interview. I would say the questions are alright.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.