Motley Fool Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 106 of over 106 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The interview process for a PHP engineer role was a breath of fresh air. I had been semi-actively looking for a role for 6 months, and The Motley Fool was in an entirely different league of recruiting. My biggest peeve with technical recruiting is that I often don't feel setup for success. It's like recruiters & interviewers were setting me up to fail this big massive engineering exam. So I was very happy when the Fool recruiter walked through what would be discussed, who would be doing it, and which questions to ask the team to find common ground. Very helpful. At every step of the process I felt like I knew what was happening and when. Many interviews before the Fool it was a surprise who was on the call or what their role was, and surprisingly many times I didn't know when the meetings would be in advance. The majority of tech interviews outside the Fool included rapid-fire questions that test knowledge and not wisdom, and it felt like I was getting quizzed instead of having a dialogue. Teams at the Fool had real conversations with me, and the take-home test gave us plenty to talk about. Most people on the call asked me about something on my resume. Funny enough, it was a tossup if interviewers read my resume at all in previous company interviews! The Fool also reimbursed time for working on a test project, which was great! The interview before the Fool I spent 20 hours on a project without reimbursement, and didn't get any feedback on my submission. That was soul-crushing :-) The recruiting team truly went above and beyond working around my schedule and being a great resource for the process. A++, would interview and accept an offer again.

Interview Questions
  • What are resources you use to stay up to date on PHP/WordPress?
    Answer Question

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

Met with tech leads for two different teams. Chatted about my experience and what the teams do on a day to day. Talked through past projects and the issues the company is currently facing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

Contacted via phone call, started off with pretty standard "fit" questions then moved on into more technical bits. Overall it most likely lasted between thirty minutes and forty minutes. It was a pretty average interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool (Austin, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

Consisted of a phone screen with a hiring manager, after which (if not screened) there is an additional phone call with your potential boss/manager, and then finally a 2hr interview with eight different people throughout the company consisting mainly of personnel related to the role. They kept in close touch throughout the process and moved things along quickly. Never felt in the dark and was treated as human from start to finish (even got a let-down phone call). Everyone I met seemed very bright, open-minded, and professional - definitely a place I'll apply in the future if the right role opens up!

Interview Questions
  • What's your investing philosophy? What's a compliment and a criticism you've received in your career about your work style? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motley Fool (New York, NY) in Jan 2022

Interview

I just had a recruiter screen where the recruiter asked if I'd ever contributed to PHP Core. They then asked a very unclear "What do you like about it", which I didn't clarify and answered as if "it" were programming. I hope they eventually find the C programmer who contributes to PHP Core for their WP developer position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

Interview

Interview 1: Screened by the recruiter for 20 minutes Interview 2: Met with the hiring manager for 1 hour Interview 3: Met with 6 team members for 2 hours The recruiters we're having trouble contacting me through their HR software, so thankfully one of them called me saying they had been trying to email about setting up an interview. The call with the hiring manager was very informative and gave me a real look into the role. The 2 hour "meet the team" was great for understanding the culture and internal dynamics of the department and organization. I felt like I was leading the conversation and that most of the team members didn't come prepared with thorough or engaging questions.

Interview Questions
  • What are you investing in right now? What's your investment methodology? What investments do you think are good/bad right now?

Motley Fool

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

Applied online, recruiter screening, followed by 30min hiring manager and software lead interview. For final interview, it was a 2.5hr interview with four different panels. After that, did not receive a phone call or email informing me of the decision.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge on a project and how did you overcome it? How do you convince a team to XYZ? What is your management style? How well do you work with engineers?
1 person found this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Motley Fool in Oct 2021

Interview

My recruiter was so helpful and communicative throughout the whole process. The interview process gave me a solid idea of what it would be like to work here and the dynamics of my team!

Interview Questions
  • Take a complex topic or idea and describe it in simple terms that the average person would understand.
  • What's your experience with investing?

Motley Fool

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool in Sep 2021

Interview

The first interview round was a 30 minute call and I think it was a successful and straightforward call. The recruiter was very thorough on job responsibilities and answered all of my questions. Hope to hear back soon!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The interview process with Motley Fool was friendly and straight forward. The process was a general discussion with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring managers and then a panel interview with the team.

Interview Questions
  • What was an example of a recent impediment that you removed.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Motley Fool (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

- contacted by the recruiter within a few days of applying - quick chat and then screening round with the HR manager - first level phone interview was with a combination tech and PM - next phase was a 2 - 2.5 hour long interview with multiple stakeholders. stakeholders were for the projects the role that I was applying for - the HR and recruiter got back almost immediately after the interview to express interest in proceeding further - had a few questions and both the HR and the Hiring manager made time to explain. Transparent and genuine.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of scenarios based questions. Process oriented, if then else. They really try to understand the personality and make sure that you gel with the folks you will be working with. The company culture is really important to them - and they take care to recruit people who share their values.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Interviews