Interview Question

Senior UX Designer Interview

-Berlin

Native Instruments

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS - WEB UI DESIGN TASK Introduction The task should not take more than 4 hours of your time. Please make sure that everything is documented in english. Background Native Instruments is a leading manufacturer of software and hardware for computer-based audio production and DJing. The company‘s mission is to empower and inspire all music lovers to express themselves and share their creativity with the world. Topic Buying process on the native-instruments.com website. User Music enthusiasts, producers and performers. Goal Promote following design values: inviting, clear, entertaining, responsive, trustworthy. NATIVE INSTRUMENTS - WEB UI DESIGN TASK Warm Up - „Moodboard“ • Create a UI moodboard that resembles and promotes the desired values. Exercise 1 - „Defining the Problem“ Please have a look at our website and imagine you want to buy a MASCHINE JAM. Examine the process that leads you from the product page to your shopping cart and: • write down the top 3 UI Design flaws which motivate you the most to work on. • explain what you would like to achieve by changing them and why you think this is benefitial. • suggest three methods to make sure your ideas are heading in the right direction. • define tasks that can be derived out of your ideas. Exercise 2 - „Generating Alternatives“ • Sketch out several different approaches to visually solve the existing issues. • Write down questions your design might raise. Exercise 3 - „About You“ Please tell us how your peers would describe you as a designer by using at least 5-7 adjectives.

Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I refuse to work on this task unpaid Why do I bother to spend over 100 hours per year preparing my UX portfolio if you are incapable of looking at it / lack the skills to assess my abilities in UX with hundreds of hours of UX research, videos, wireframing with full annotations and so much more? With 23 years experience in the digital field, this request is offensive and I'm sure that most other senior positions aren't expected to prostrate themselves by working for free It's clear that to do a good job on this task would be far more than 4 hours, and inexperienced candidates with spend closer to 16 - 32 hours, meaning that any 4 hour effort would look pathetic. The fact that you have not even given an initial phone call or interview proves that your company is not above board, and that you are looking for work for free. As I clearly state in my linkedin profile, I do not work for free "Off-site, multi-hour Interview tasks will be invoiced @ hourly contract rate" I will be creating an 'interview' complaint about your company on sites like glassdoor. Thank you for wasting my time and good luck finding someone who is prepared to do this and will actually do a good job, in the extremely unlikely event that you actually intend to hire someone. I would also like to point out that you have NOT EVEN STATED THE CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION SUCH AS SALARY!!! So what kind of idiot do you expect to attract? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/free-trials-projects-ux-rachael-page-b-eng-hons-/

Anonymous on

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.