Nanyang Polytechnic Senior Lecturer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 29 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nanyang Polytechnic

Nanyang Polytechnic

Application

The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Nanyang Polytechnic in Apr 2018

Interview

The time between the first interview to the offer took about 3 to 4 months. The first interview was a rather informal one, where I had to present a lesson on a particular topic. It was also a chance for the interviewers to gauge the candidate's competency. The interviewers also shared on the work environment at NYP and the expected workload. The interviewers, lecturers themselves, were friendly. The second interview took place less than 2 weeks after the first, and had about 3 or 4 interviewers on the panel which included the academic director and HR director. The questions were fairly standard, mainly about my motivations for applying for the position. The HR director seemed rather out-of-touch in asking for a reference from my then current employee, irritatingly belabouring the point. Which person in their right mind would alert their current boss about a potential job change? This was followed by a long period of spotty communication over the next 3 months where HR asked for certain documents. At one point I almost thought they were not going to proceed because they had gone silent for more than a month. It felt like there was lots of bureaucracy in that organisation. The offer came after a few months and I took my time to pore over the terms - they did not convey offer information through email. I found it amusing that HR executive asked if I had resigned from my then company, even before I signed their offer letter. It was a contract role and the increment was rather bare-bone. Eventually I decided that I could not see myself teaching a room of irreverent teenagers - definitely not in an organisation as bureaucratic as this one - and declined the offer. To potential interviewees: Beware of what HR tell you and take it with a grain of salt. I had one of them telling me that my benefits "all stay the same" because of where I came from. Well, NYP is a totally different organisation in a totally different industry, so how is that even possible?

Interview Questions
  • Fairly typical interview questions, generally about why I thought of leaving my then-company, what I can contribute to the role, etc.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Nanyang Polytechnic (Singapore) in Dec 2014

Interview

3 or 4 solid interviews. Looking for conflicts of interest and outside conflicting jobs. Panel interviews asking if candidate is willing to take on a serious role of counselor and personal mentor for up to 75 students as well as handle 4 to 6 classes per semester. Further duties include 120 hours or straight studio projects and 2 months of final senior exhibition event management.

Interview Questions
  • Willing to take on major secretarial and admin roles.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Nanyang Polytechnic (Singapore)

Interview

Got a job offer then phone interview through skype. visited for on site interview but they didn't offer the flight and accommodation.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I interviewed at Nanyang Polytechnic

Interview

1st interview was by Deputy Director and manager. It went into a little technical discussion but not very much. 2nd interview was by Director and HR. Totally not technical.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed