National University of Singapore Assistant Professor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 270 interviews

Applied online100%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

National University of Singapore

Application

I interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview

I interviewed with the Department of Chemistry at NUS. This consisted of research talk (public), a proposal defence (closed door), and many 1-on-1 meetings with faculty members. A few of the faculty members were *extremely* rude during the 1-on-1s, e.g., cuts you off mid-sentence, asks you questions and then not letting you finish your response before interrupting, unsolicited sarcastic remarks, and a generally hostile demeanour. The department could also do better to strengthen their Singaporean core, i.e., many of the professors are foreign workers.

Interview Questions
  • Standard technical questions about your past research and your proposed future research.
    Answer Question

National University of Singapore

Application

I interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview

The first round is pre-interview and will ask general questions; The second round is formal interview and will ask to do two presentations on past research and future plan. Overall, the interview process is very similar to US, and is very professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore) in Jan 2017

Interview

Application materials sent to the department --> Skype interview (2 weeks) --> Campus visit --> result pending. The interviewing committee was nice in thinking about how my research experiences and expertise may contribute to the department.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Research interests 2. Courses interested in teaching 3. The long term plan (i.e., stay in Singapore in the long run)
2 people found this interview helpful

National University of Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in May 2016

Interview

Not difficult. It is a standard interview process to hire faculties. I do not think it is a difficult interview. The situation can be different batch by batch. Please follow the on line guideline to prepare. Good luck.

RSS Feed</>Embed