National University of Singapore Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 283 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore)

Interview

It was a group interview. We were made to feel comfortable but the questions were deep, extensive and thorough. We were questioned on our individual teaching styles, our potential reactions to situations, our philosophies on education etc. Our personalities were also indirectly analyzed.

Interview Questions
  • Questions included hypothetical situations and various teaching methodologies and philosophies.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore) in May 2020

Interview

The initial part of the application process was OK. The interview took about 1.5 months to come, but to be fair I applied quite early in the application cycle. The interview went well, and I was told they would get back to me with further steps. And then radio silence. For almost 3 months. Every time I emailed them to inquire on the progress of my application, they would say that they were still processing the application and that they would get back to me when they have news. They wouldn't give me a timeline as to when they would get back to me either. After 3 months, the semester started and I figured they weren't going to give me the job so I accepted another job offer. But the lack of courtesy to tell candidates that they weren't under consideration, even when they checked in via email, was extremely unprofessional. It left a very bad impression on me and would make me think twice about reapplying.

Interview Questions
  • Some technical questions from the module they were hiring for.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore) in Mar 2017

Interview

Grades most important. They will look at your grades and ask you questions to test your competency. Please do not apply if you do not have at least an A-. Must be able to speak well and not have stage fright.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

National University of Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview

The hiring process of NUS for TA position normally takes about 3-4 weeks. The potential candidates are mainly from the PhD students inside each department. However, in some cases, they will be recruiting from outside. The interview is generally standard. They asked you about your teaching background. Be confident and be firm.

Interview Questions
  • Your skill sets might be not matched with their needs. But never mind, you can show that the fundamental philosophy of teaching is the same by applying the same method.
RSS Feed</>Embed