Palo IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Palo IT Interview Questions

Interviews at Palo IT

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo IT.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I was always updated on the status by the recruiter. Everything was smooth and friendly. There were 2 technical interviews and 1 cultural interview. All interviews focus around my skills and past experiences which feels more like hiring people instead of robots! Overall, it was a wonderful interview experience.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Palo IT (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2019.

Interview

It always felt more like a comfortable and professional conversation rather than a strict interview - I definitely prefer this eye-to-eye level of communication throughout their process and really appreciate their openness and friendliness. Please keep this style as I had a very pleasant experience!

The Process:

I applied for the role via LinkedIn and was then contacted by the Head of HR to set up a telephone interview with the Manager of People & Culture in Sydney, to discuss my interests and introduce the company a little bit. We met up in person the next week which was the first 1-on-1 face-to-face interview where I was introduced a lot more to what the company does and their plans over the next year.

After this interview, I was sent a design task to complete privately at a time of my choosing (but to spend no more than 8 hours on the task) and could notify PALO IT whenever I knew I would be ready to present my results.

The following week I returned to PALO IT for the second face-to-face interview with the Head of Design in Sydney as well as another Senior UX Designer where I had the opportunity to present my design task results, they had the opportunity to ask questions and I would justify design decisions I hadn't clarified until that point. This was then followed by a spontaneous whiteboard challenge to test my improvisation skills before the interview was finished off with general questions and discussions. It's important that I also mention that they created a very relaxing and stressfree environment for me to present confidently and to the best of my abilities.

The next interview took part about a week and a half later back in their office with their CTO who asked more general professional questions and was more interested in seeing if I would culturally fit beyond just the design team. This was also more of a relaxed conversation where I had the opportunity to ask further questions that hadn't been answered yet.

The final interview was more of a formality that took place a week later to meet and get to know the Co-Founder and the Managing Director of Australia.

The next day I received an offer and had a lot of flexibility and time to make my decision. Unfortunately, I declined the offer in the end but only because I chose another offer that seemed to align even more with my future goals - not for any negative feelings towards PALO IT.

I should also mention that I had constant and effective communication with the Manager of People & Culture between the interviews and offer so I never felt lost or left out at any point.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo IT (Singapore).

Interview

Overall interview process was excellent. Initial screening on the role and why looking for change. All 3 rounds are happen in-person. Need to go to office. The work environment was nice. You can meet multicultural people around. First 2 rounds were completely technical. They ask each and every technology stack that I worked on complete. Need to explain why chosen and why not. Also gave program in the sheet to optimize the code. Asked our expectation of new role, explained about what kind of role it is going to be. 3rd round is cultural fit assessment with Manager and there are lot of questions on why chose PaloIT, what you want to become, how you do work, challenging project. There are lot of benefit for self-learning, certification and other healthy work-life balance benefits.

All interview process handled by HR Alex who is very friendly and followed-up well from the beginning of screening interview to releasing offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Question on almost all big data stack - Spark, aws, big query, hadoop, kafka, java   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo IT in July 2019.

Interview

Very well structured interview process. You never feel left out or uninformed. Every single piece of information is communicated by the recruitment team. The overall interview process was very neat ad hassle free.

I had 3 rounds in total, 2 technical rounds and one cultural interview. All the three rounds were good. Interviewers were also very knowledgeable and friendly. All the questions were based on the things I had mentioned in my resume.

Interview Questions

• 1. Deployment strategies for hadoop cluster at production level   1 Answer
    • 2. Two coding challenges were given, related to apache spark and python pandas (KNN algorithm)   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palo IT (Singapore) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was really a good experience assigned to a senior. Senior willing to share his knowledge and drop hint to some tough questions. Explained patiently on the last bonus question that I couldn't solve.

Interview Questions

• Some Javascript, redux and CSS questions eg.recursive and many more   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palo IT.

Interview

I had 4 interviews, 2 of which are technical ones. The whole application process took around 1 month which is I think fast for a overseas company (I'm actually residing outside of Singapore). Overall the interview process is continuous and organize. My recruiter always update me regarding the status and the next steps which I like because it didn't left me clueless. From what I learned, Palo IT has a lot of positiveness on their organization and people there are very nice to work with. :) I think the only improvement they can do is to make the technial questions a bit harder.

Design Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Interview

HR Interview, Team Leader interview, Design Exercise.

No internal alignment about advertised role. Poor clarity about company culture & direction, roles & responsibilities, and the team lead had very little domain knowledge. Included a bogus design test that hit all the following flags:

🚫 The test focuses on the deliverables
    🚫 They expect you to do the test at home or at weekends
    🚫 They are unwilling to pay you for a full day’s work
    🚫 Unwilling to negotiate on the brief
    🚫 Don’t provide you with constructive feedback

One of the worst interview experiences in my professional career; I would highly recommend avoiding interviewing with this company.

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palo IT (Singapore).

Interview

This must be the longest hiring process I have ever been involved in - from start (being cold-called by their recruiter) to end (after the final stage) it lasted approximately 10 weeks for 4 stages. I am repeatedly told to be patient and wait through 2 - 4 week-long delays because of internal shuffling, only to be told my skills were not a suitable match. Hardly feels agile. Sounds like this is a company that needs to clean up its house properly before it starts looking outside.

Interview Questions

• What kind of design trends have you observed in recent time?   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palo IT (Singapore) in April 2019.

Interview

All interviews were done via Google Hangouts.

First round was a basic screening by a so called Talent Acquisition Specialist. Cool guy, just giving me a broad idea of who Palo IT is, what they do and discussing my CV a little bit.

Then 3 Interviews:

2 interviews with Technical Leads, mostly casual chat and checking my technical background. Big focus on Agile / CI/CD / Cloud and Containerization. At the end of the day those were two interviews where we were sharing our views on different architectures, methodologies. I felt on that all of us were speaking the same technical language and that we had the same mindset.

1 interview with the Managing Director. Also very casual with some soft skills questions. All in all also very pleasant, but not too technical.

Overall it took about 10 days from the first chat with the Talent Acquisition Specialist all the way to the Managing Director. On the same day of my last interview I was sent two personality tests (non discriminatory and not affecting the recruitment process). Tests were pleasant - almost fun, I would say.

One day later I was sent an offer, which I consider fair and more or less aligned with market prices.

What turned me down was that the company has no bonus policy and that it is not clear how you will evolve in 12-24 months. That said, Palo IT has some really generous perks, including internatonal health insurance and they seem to value staff training a lot.

At the end of the day I had to reject their offer because it was considerably less than what I am making with my current employer.

The interview process was pleasant, professional and straightforward. No arrogance, no ego, very open.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would automate software deployment from A-Z if you had all freedoms   1 Answer
    • My experience with AWS / Azure / Google Cloud   1 Answer
    • General Agile questions. Scrum vs Kanban.   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between Docker and Kubernetes   1 Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo IT (Singapore) in March 2019.

Interview

After submitting the application, I have received an immediate acknowledge.

Then there was a telephone conversation with the recruitment manager and he explained the entire interview process and also checked things like my background and overall experience. Soon after the conversation I received a pack of informative artifacts and relevant details of the company and upcoming interviews.

First interview was with the Head of IT and a very knowledgeable and a friendly person. He explained about the company, business interests and also some advanced technical details and then assessed my technical and operational skills through interview questions.

Second interview was a very technical one and with a senior technical consultant. It was a very high technical interview. However he conducted it in a very friendly and professional fashion.

Third interview was with a VP (as I can remember) and he explained about the company and overall job requirements.

Then the salary discussions with the HR team.

All the interviews were very well planed. Informed me 3-4 days prior. All the information related to the process has been provided before the interview.

Quick and solid responses been provided soon after the each interview.

HR/Recruitment team was very helpful with throughout the process.

After passing the interview and signing the offer letters, the company provided comprehensive details about the next steps and relocation plans.

Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain your most stressful situation at work.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.