Rakuten Business Position Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 819 interviews

Recruiter25%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in Mar 2016

Interview

I applied online through their website. The entry sheet was pretty simple and straight forward. Then did the aptitude test. I just had my 1st interview and got through to the 2nd round. Took it in Japanese. And it was a group interview. The interviewer was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Your strenghts describe a a situation you have failed why you applied to rakiten
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in Apr 2015

Interview

First step is entry sheet, can not remember what questions exactly they asked, but because of it is the business position, nothing really specific. And then it is the web test which many companies are using the same kind of online system in Japan. not that hard but the time is really limited. Then it was the online interview, 5 questions as lots of people have described, 4 in english and one in japanese. Then you are eligible to apply for the seminar here if you live in Japan. After the seminar I haven't heard from them for almost four months and finally received their phone call for the next stage at the end of Augugst

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten in Oct 2014

Interview

I applied through the Boston Career Forum, specifying that I was interested in a business position at the company. The process was extremely straightforward. I applied through the Forum's site, after which I was made to make an account on the Rakuten recruiting site. I then took an online proficiency test, watched an online presentation about the company, and wrote an essay covering my thoughts on a topic from the company's CEO. After completing these steps, I was allowed to schedule an interview via Skype in either English and Japanese. I was contacted on Skype exactly at my scheduled time. The interviewer was very friendly and her questions were straightforward, basic interview questions. If you've prepared you will have no trouble at all. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were pretty basic, but I was caught off-guard when the interviewer asked me to just begin speaking in Japanese without any sort of topic. Not really sure of what I should say, I chose to do a self-introduction. This was extremely basic Japanese and probably did not particularly impress the interviewer.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Firstly, I registered my resume through the recruting company. I got Rakuten's ID and PW. I took the Web test(insanely difficult, but people could pass easily than expected) and wrote a resume again. After that, I got a first round of Skype interview(cos I'm living outside of Japan). It takes a week to get the selection result, and took the second round of interview. No technical questions or strange ones. I'm wating for the final interview and also need to submit the short essay after reading a book.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

i applied through their website and was then asked to create a My Page page using their ID and my own password. The Entry Sheet question was about the principles of success that they employ for their work. ou of the five, I was to choose one principle that best descried me or i could relate to most and write an episode (100-150 words) that depicted that. the rest of the questions were just general, like nationality, language skills etc. Unfortunately I didn't make it through the first round although I thought that i wrote a really good essay, so I don't know what they are looking for. Good luck to all!

Interview Questions
  • Choose the principle of success that you can best relate with and write a short episode from your experience that depicts this principle.
2 people found this interview helpful