Rakuten Entry Level Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 819 interviews

Campus Recruiting20%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in May 2020

Interview

There were 3-4 rounds of interviews. The questions are not that original and repeat themselves after each round. The interview atmosphere can be really different depending on the interviewer of each round. The interviewers were not always nice. Some were more willing to share in the reverse questions part while others were much more conservative and looked irritated when being asked.

Interview Questions
  • In teamwork, are you a leader or a follower? Besides generic questions, I feel that this is one of the main focused questions that the company wants to ask.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in Mar 2020

Interview

Initial screening with recruiter, technical interview with hiring manager, technical interview with team members, onsite interview with hiring manager, onsite with department directors, onsite with colleagues, and then an offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in Oct 2018

Interview

I was interviewed by two people in English. Both of them were very friendly and nice. There was an audio issue on my first round, but I managed to listen and answer to all of the questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in Jul 2015

Interview

The overall online application process of Rakuten was very streamlined and comprehensible. First thing to do is to register for your personal page and after doing so, you will see the notification on the left corner of the page and updates which you will need to accomplish within the deadline indicated. After taking the web test, I was invited to an online video interview and a week passed by, I received an email telling me that they cannot pursue my candidacy. It was really a letdown and I was really hoping to have another round of interview personally. Well, I had my hopes too high. But all I could say is that Rakuten's recruitment process is not like any other, just starting to browse by their web page, you could tell.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in Japan?

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Fairly simple and basic questions on your resume

Interview Questions
  • Provide an example of culture shock that you gave experienced

Rakuten

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rakuten in Nov 2013

Interview

I applied through the Boston Career Forum website and after completing the web assessments, I had a Skype interview with an HR person. The questions were easy and were mostly about my background and experiences. The interview was conducted mostly in English, but I was asked a couple of vary basic questions in Japanese (the most surprising thing about Japan, favorite food, etc). It went for about 30 minutes. I passed that round and set up an interview at the Boston Career Forum. My interview was in the morning with another HR person. The questions were very much like my Skype interview. It was all in English. An hour later, I received a call from someone at Rakuten, saying that they were interested in interviewing me again that afternoon. I was taken aback, but promptly set up a time. This time I interviewed with a more senior-level exec. I think he managed like 6 different departments. The questions were more of the same, yet he asked some questions that were more in-depth. We switched over into Japanese mid-interview. I think we got along well. He was a bigshot, but not intimidating at all. He seemed impressed by my work experiences in both America and Japan. I found out late November through the Rakuten recruiting portal that I didn't get the job. The message was very generic, so I don't know exactly why I was rejected. Ganbare to everyone applying!

Interview Questions
  • (In Japanese) What would you say is the most important thing for a company to keep in mind when expanding globally?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beppu, Oita, Oita

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (Beppu, Oita, Oita) in Apr 2013

Interview

They came to my university to scout. 1st, I filled in a survey which asked very simple questions. After, I got an interview with the scout, I had an option to interview in Japanese or English. The interviewer didn't speak much English but I used mix of basic Japanese and English. After I had to take to take 2 assessment test and 1 personality test. Then the 2nd interview was through skype. That's as far as I got.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed