Rakuten Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 819 interviews

Other17%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tampa, FL) in Mar 2019

Interview

Smooth and simple! My resume was submitted by an internal referral and I was contacted by a Rakuten recruiter within a day. She was excellent at helping me set up phone calls and meetings with the team and answered all my questions quickly. I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including an initial short pre-screen with the recruiter. After, I had an "in-person" interview at the Tampa office. It was a little unusual since I didn't actually interview with any Tampa team members; I had separate video calls with two managers at the New York office and two managers at the Chicago office from a conference room in Tampa. This is likely how remote teams communicate anyway so it was good to experience it early on. Then, I had a short phone interview with my prospective supervisor out of the Chicago office. The questions were simple and relatively easy, but it was key to have your possible answers well rehearsed in your head beforehand.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience with affiliate marketing, if any.
    Answer Question
  • If you were in a situation where your project might not meet its deadline, how do you handle it?
  • Tell me about yourself.
  • How would you manage working on multiple projects, clients, and teams at once?
  • Describe your experience with using Microsoft Excel.
  • Do you have any planned vacations or anticipate needing time off any time in 2019?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2018

Interview

The whole interview process consisted of 3-4 rounds. The first 2 rounds consisted of phone screens - 1 from the recruiter and the other from the person who would be directly managing me. I was then called in to do an on-site interview with 4 of the team members in 30 minutes intervals so an hour in total (2 members each time). The last interview was a phone call with the VP. This whole process took about 3-4 weeks and my recruiter was a great source of communication throughout the process. It was pretty quick, easy, and simple as long as you always check your emails.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Sort of a lengthy interview process, but employers are very informative about the desired positions. You start with a typical phone screening with HR then a phone interview, which can lead to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (Chicago, IL) in Nov 2016

Interview

Started out as a phone screen. She briefly explained the entire interview process. Asked me for my background and told me she would get back to me about next steps.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tampa, FL) in May 2016

Interview

Definitely lengthy! HR is amazing and really wants to get to know who their potential employees are. It starts simple and escalates from there but you get to meet a lot of people in the process which is amazing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rakuten in Jul 2015

Interview

Do NOT apply to Rakuten Marketing if you want a job within a few months... because the process is insanely long and drawn out. I had 7 INTERVIEWS with tons of people via Skype and phone calls. This process was almost two months. Naturally, I had applied to other jobs around the same time that I applied to Rakuten Marketing. I kept the recruiter updated with my status of other job opportunities, so it's not like they were unaware that I had other opportunities. About a month into interviews, and four interviews in, they requested 5 references. I assumed that after giving my references, I'd be given an offer. WRONG. I completed 2 more interviews after that, and I wasn't even done interviewing with team members and directors when I got a job offer elsewhere. After two months of interviews with Rakuten, and a job offer with another company, I asked if I could get some kind of an update regarding my application status. I was told that they were "still looking into the budget," and "unable to give an answer at this time." I even asked if they could give me a period of time where I could expect an answer or an update, and they couldn't even tell me that! All of my interviews were fantastic, and I was constantly told that things would be coming closer to an end soon. I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism. They lost out on a qualified and excited candidate, and I'm sure this has been a problem in the past. I would not recommend appling with the company, because they'll probably waste your time like they did mine.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Rakuten (New York, NY)

Interview

1. Phone interview 2. Interview with 3 people 3. Phone Interview with another person 4. Reference checks Normally, this process would be quick and you'd be updated... NOT THE CASE. Took atleast 3 weeks to go from steps 1-2 2-3 3-4 and then waiting after 4... Terrible hiring process and I was not updated, made me realize I didn't want to work with a company like that.

9 people found this interview helpful