Rakuten Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 819 interviews

Employee Referral20%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Rakuten (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 4 interviewers,30 minutes each. The first two people I interviewed explained the company and asked why I wanted to work there. The director thanked me for being well prepared and doing my research about the company. However the following interview did not go so well. The third interviewer even admitted to me that she didn’t really need to be part of the panel since she’s only been with the company for 5 weeks. How can she possible answer my questions about the company? I was surprised when she stated when she interviewed herself she didn’t really know much about the company. Then she proceeds to ask me why do I want to work for the company?.. She asked behavioral questions and based of her energy ; I knew it would go downhill from there. The next interviewer also asked me behavioral questions. They really push you and see how you fall under pressure. I appreciate the first interviewer being transparent about the role and struggles one may face if accepting the role. However when you start of negative that will set the tone for the rest of the interview process. The process was very amateur, I was able to tell that most of them don’t really have experience interviewing. At some points it was awkward. I felt the interviewers were not prepared and a lot of them was either heading to work or in a hotel rushing to get to work. If it looks unprofessional for someone interviewing to be distracted or have noise in the background, why should the interviewer be able to do so? It doesn’t look professional for a company that’s trying to build a household name. I will say that if I had just interview with the Director I would of had a better chance. That’s just the wonders of interviewing with different personalities. Like many others in these reviews, I wouldn’t recommend attending this interview unless you necessarily have to.

Interview Questions
  • Many behavioral repetitive questions. Impossible questions to test your logic.
    1 Answer

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

The interview process ran very smoothly and effectively. It was very clear that each team member I met with had took the time to read my resume and establish connections.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Mateo, CA) in Aug 2018

Interview

I had a positive experience interviewing at Rakuten. I had great conversations with the Recruiting Manager, Director and an Recruiting Coordinator. They were all very transparent to me about the expectations of this position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Mateo, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

I came into Rakuten as a company referral. The interview process took about 6 weeks for me to get an offer and start. The process was easy as I came onsite and met with the Recruiting Coordinators, Recruiters, Recruiting Managers, and Director of TA in US and Japan. My coordinator was responsive to all of my follow up questions and the process was smooth as can be.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in Recruiting?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Mateo, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

I applied to a recruiting coordinator position on their website and got an email from the recruiter the next day. He is very transparency and thoroughly on the interview process. After a phone interview, I was invited to an onsite interview at the parent company Rakuten in San Mateo. The recruiting team is very nice and professional. The process took less than 2 weeks. I didn't get a position but this is one of the best experience I had so far in job interviewing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten in Apr 2017

Interview

Applied online and received an email right away from a recruiter, asking questions of why I was leaving my current company, most-recent compensation, availability to start, software experience for scheduling, and my current process with interviewing. The recruiter was very transparent about next steps and timeline of when he'd be scheduling interviews. I received a call exactly on the day he said he'd reach out to me with news about the company (they're doing a move from their SF office to San Mateo) and my thoughts on if I wanted to continue with the interview process. Throughout it all, he was very courteous and transparent which was greatly appreciated. Because of the move, I turned down the offer to go into the final round interview.

Interview Questions
  • What software programs do you have experience using for scheduling?
RSS Feed</>Embed