Rolls-Royce Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 781 of over 781 interviews

Recruiter4%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Birmingham, England, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

Applied Online through their application website, submitted my CV. Later received an email for completing online assessments. Online assessments consisted of logic problems and personality test. There was nothing technical. They were mostly multiple choice questions and you were able to get feedback at the end of your online assessments.

Interview Questions
  • At lunchbreak, a colleague of yours talked very negatively (with strong words) behind one of your manages. This kind of talks are heavily against our company values. What would you do in this situation?
    1 Answer

Rolls-Royce

Application

I interviewed at Rolls-Royce

Interview

Verbal interview, generic technical questions relating to gas turbine design focused on aerothermal aspects, followed by a few competency related questions. Explanation of the anatomy of a gas turbine from fluids perspective given a large detailed diagram of one.

Interview Questions
  • How do you work out the angular vel. components for turbine blades

Rolls-Royce

Application

I interviewed at Rolls-Royce

Interview

Very detailed in explaining the jobscopes. The benefits, the working hours. They will ask you questions on how you can solve problems, if you can work as a team, will you follow the rules and regulations or SOPs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rolls-Royce

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce

Interview

I had an online questionnaire, then a short phone call, then an in-person Asessment center. There was a motivational interview then technical interview. I had to prepare a presentation with pre set questions in advance

Interview Questions
  • Technical interviews and motivational interview had to do a presentation on a technical area of engineering

Rolls-Royce

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in Sep 2021

Interview

Terrible. First question: What's your job title? Ummm, it's on the first line of resume. Who's your current employer? That's on 2nd line of resume. The following basic questions were all on my resume, education, etc. It was clear the recruiter had not even done a cursory review. Addiitonally, she was just unpleasant. She was in UK, I am in US. We must have had a bad connection and she nastily said, "You're not speaking into your headset". I wasn't using a headset! We then got disconnected and when she called back, she said, "Your line disconnected us." She then started asking questions about experience that had nothing to do with role. I'm not sure she knew what role for what she was screening.

Interview Questions
  • Basic information that was on my resume. Total waste of time.

Rolls-Royce

Application

I interviewed at Rolls-Royce

Interview

Quick screening call, then simulated interview recording video answers to some questions. Didn’t proceed anyway further however, as the interview process was very robotic and quite slow given the specialised nature of the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rolls-Royce

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce

Interview

The interview process was very long but more pleasant than at other companies. Interviewers are really patient in learning about you and giving you a chance to show your experience and skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (London, England, England)

Interview

Multi stage interview. Started with automated interview where you are presented with a written question before being given 2 mins or so to video record your answer. If successful you will then have two video interviews, each with 2 Rolls Royce employees. One is a technical interview and the other is more of a personality based interview. I found the technical interview a bit unfair as they were asking detailed questions about topics not at all mentioned in the required experience/knowledge in the job spec. My interview was now 3 months ago and I am still awaiting the outcome (after being told this would take 3-4 weeks). The application is still open in my online jobs profile. Despite multiple (10+) attempts to contact them for clarity on the situation I have so far received only a single response saying they will soon be 'in a position to review headcount', whatever this means. The recruiter who was initially very responsive before the interviews has stopped answering her phone. Nor does she reply to voicemail. Despite taking time out of my life to attend 3 interviews I have no feedback or any idea where I stand with this. Very poor and unprofessional interview experience with this company.

Interview Questions
  • use the technical drawing of this jet engine to explain how it operates.

Rolls-Royce

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce

Interview

Unnecessarily long and irrelevant to the role. started with online tests which were passed but show absolutely no real skills relevant to the job and is a pathetic way of weeding people out who are probably better for the job than the ones who get through

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in Aug 2021

Interview

First I received an email about setting up a time for phone screening. The phone screening was some hr rep from corporate asking general resume, salary, benefits questions. A few days after the phone screening I was emailed about scheduling a video interview which the only time slots were 2+ weeks out. The video interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions , and a few technical questions mainly based on my current role and experience related to the job. It was an engineering director and engineering manager. 1 hour was them asking me questions, then I had 30 minutes to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
  • How do manufacturing processes relate to quality systems? Tell me about LEAN manufacturing and why it is important?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 781 Interviews