Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,887 of over 7,887.0 interviews

Recruiter15%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Salesforce

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

I applied for an internal communications role at Salesforce, and this was definitely one of the most upsetting interview experiences I've ever had. The irony is that this role sat on their Equality (DEI) team; as a candidate, I couldn't have felt more devalued and disrespected...two things (among many) that a culture that is truly committed to ensuring others feel safe, seen, and valued would actively work against. The interview process was highly disorganized and lacked transparency (which the recruiter unprofessionally blamed on the hiring manager): 1. First, I was contacted by a diversity recruiter to schedule a phone interview. *I identify as BIPOC, which I presume is why I was contacted by a diversity recruiter* 2. The next day, the recruiter emails me to push back the interview time because the time slot *she proposed, I accepted, and she confirmed* got double-booked. A little strange but not a big deal at the time, so I agreed. Along with scheduling this initial phone interview, the recruiter asked me to complete a writing assessment - a minimum 700-word blog article PLUS a deck slide summarizing the blog. This felt like a big ask for such early stages of the process, but I obliged because I was really interested in the role, Equality team, and Salesforce as an organization. THE SAME DAY, 7 hours later - the recruiter emails me again, this time to CANCEL my phone interview, citing that "I just got an update from the hiring manager and she plans to review all of the writing assignments and will then decide who she would like to move forward with. I'll circle back regarding next steps." So no interview, but still wants me to complete the assignment first before they know anything else about me and vice versa. Again, an extensive writing assignment (which took me 8+ hours because it required research + design) without so much as an initial screen seems like a lot to ask of applicants, but as a job seeker, you're often unfairly put in positions where you can either choose between integrity and principle OR doing whatever you need to do to get the job. And all of this is happening during the global pandemic, so needless to say... I needed a job. So despite being highly annoyed at this point, I said "sure, no problem!" and proceeded to waste time on the assignment. 3. I say "waste" time because that is exactly what happened. The recruiter gave me two days to complete the exercise, and let's say the due date was on a Wednesday. I submitted the assignment on Wednesday and on Thursday (YES THE VERY NEXT DAY!!!), I was told that the hiring manager extended an offer to a finalist. I WAS FLOORED. They were *clearly* in final interview stages with candidates when they initially reached out to me and asked me to engage in an extensive process, yet rather than being transparent about that, the company would rather waste my time (and likely that of many other candidates). When I challenged the recruiter about what happened, she simply blamed it on the hiring manager being wishy-washy and disorganized. And while that may be true, it's *very unacceptable* - just because you're a hiring authority, you don't get to be inconsiderate and disrespectful towards prospective employees. Remember, recruiters and hiring managers, you were once a job seeker. And you likely will be again in the future. Definitely NOT a place I'd want to work for if that's how you treat people - a frustrating experience for sure, but you absolutely did me a favor.

Interview Questions
  • N/A - I did not make it to the initial interview round. See above.
    Answer Question
45 people found this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

- first was a short call with recruiter to get in touch - second was a video interview with hiring manager. Mostly around past experiences and design and such. Lots of grilling around latency and making system fast

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first was a 30 minute interview with a PMO head. Most of the questions were focused around my work history and cultural fit. The next interview was with two of the project stakeholders. This was focused on my abilities to mediate discussions and handle communications, as well as the needs of the project.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

The interview was based on DSA and resume-based questions. Few questions were on the topic of Object-Oriented Programming and Differences in C++ and Java. DBMS and OS can also be asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

2 round process (recruiter then management team) Interacted with 2 recruiters, neither took my schedule restrictions into consideration. I gave them windows of time when I was available and both scheduled well outside of those windows and I did not have a say in it, just expected to drop what I was doing or dip out of work and be there. After second interview, radio silence despite multiple attempts to connect with recruiter. Left on "interview" status for 3 weeks and only found out I wasn't selected because I checked my status on the careersite regularly. The interview process itself was simple, straightforward and enjoyable but the recruiting team was a nightmare.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a difficult situation you've been in and how you resolved it. How do you work best?

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

Met with the recruiter first for 30 minutes, she reviewed my qualifications and then I moved on to the next stage of interviews and met with the creative director for 45 minutes

Interview Questions
  • Do you know what Salesforce does? What is your creative process? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Salesforce

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

Had a behavioral round initially, however the interviewer did not seem quite interested right from the start and ended the interview early. Recruiters did a great job with quickly scheduling the interview though.

Interview Questions
  • NDA - can't disclose but it was a very vaguely worded behavioral question

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

First point of contact with recruiter. Very complete introduction to the company and briefing about the process to come. Then assessment day which lasted about 2.5 hours. Interviews with 2 managers, then mock up call and finally another call with a Director. Very clear process and assessment seemed fair.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

The interview process overall was quite quick and efficient with prompt feedback after each stage and good guidance and prep for next steps. There were multiple stages and good, researched prep is needed so give yourself time to do so.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

Screening Call with recruiter Peer interview Panel interview where I had to answer 4 questions in 10 slides (personality related, project related) The whole process took over a month from start till finish

Interview Questions
  • Project Management related questions; approaches in waterfalls vs agile methodologies
Viewing 1 - 10 of 7,887 Interviews