Shopee Software Engineer, Backend Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 1,775.0 interviews

Employee Referral6%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore) in Oct 2021

Interview

The process was 3 step. First an online test. second, a standard technical interview. third, a technical interview with your future team leader. Step 2 interview is like a normal back-end technical interview. covering most topics. in step 3, I think they stress test you.

Interview Questions
  • the questions in step 2 and 3 were pretty standard algorithms and data structure questions. in step 3, they grill you a little bit.
    Answer Question

Shopee

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopee in Oct 2021

Interview

Interviewers were helpful and they spoke english. From hackerank to interview process was fast. Only bad thing: Didn't get to indicate my team preference for the fresh grad role although my other friends got a choice. I was immediately assigned to the backend ads team although my strength was in frontend so it wasn't advantageous for me and was not a role i wanted either.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore) in Sep 2021

Interview

Received a call by HR to understand and go thru my resume and explain the job detail. Next round is a live coding interview with senior team member. Difficult leetcode algorithm was asked. The leetcode question is like IQ test. You will know how to do it once you know the trick. Don't see how the ability to solve leetcode question in a short time reflect my experience and problem solving skill. I guess this norm in software interview, only get hired when you able to answer leetcode question.

Shopee

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Shopee

Interview

Online coding test consists of 2 questions related to data structure and algorithm problem. Given 1hr to solve it via their in-house website. Difficulty level similar to Leet Code medium but the structure is like-wise HackerRank

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopee in May 2021

Interview

First Round: Basic knowledge of Computer Science, including data structure, algorithms, database, cache, network etc. Second Round: Talk about previous project experience and also system design problems. Introduction of team and ask about you interests.

Interview Questions
  • 1. HashMap 2. Redis 3. TCP/UDP/HTTP 4. MySQL 5. LRU Cache (Programing) 6. Spital Matrix (Programming) 7. System design (design the architecture of a shop system)
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore) in May 2021

Interview

Interview Process consists of several stages (during COVID19 Pandemic) - 1. Technical Test (10MCQs + 2 Coding Questions) (70mins) - data structure, database, networking, operating systems, algorithm 2. HR Video Interview with HR Staff, to find out about your past experiences, career aspirations and interests 3. Technical Interview 1 with Backend/Server Engineer, simple questions about your relevant experiences, 1 Coding Question and other CS fundamantals questions 4. Technical Interview 2 with possible future team lead, again questions about your relevant experiences, 1 Coding Question and other questions depending on your experience - e.g. if you are experienced in C++ questions may be asked about pros and cons of C++ as a language.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how a HTTP request is made and processed. Describe how a 3-way TCP handshake is done. Why must there be a server between the client and the database? What advantages or disadvantages of C++ are there in terms of security, optimisations or memory? Write code to take in inputs to move a robot along a 2d plane, then find a way to identify if the path taken, when repeated, will be discrete or non-discrete. Given 2 sorted arrays, find the intersection of the 2 arrays with optimisation requirements.
1 person found this interview helpful

Shopee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopee

Interview

There was a phone screening with HR. Then they sent me an online test. After successful completion of the test, they scheduled the first technical interview. Which I couldn't pass and my process ended there. Technical Interview 1: The recruiter was a very nice guy. But the questions were mostly academic like calculate time and space complexity of this code, reverse the linked list etc. Usually, this stuff is not used in day to day job so I wasn't able to give correct answers. Being a backend developer, I knew how to optimize server side cods, I knew how to handle heavy loads on servers and optimize database queries, I knew how to develop complex backend workflows but the recruiter didn't ask any of this.

Interview Questions
  • In a live coding session, the recruiter asked me to write the code to reverse the linked list.

Shopee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopee

Interview

First round is coding test and MCQ on an online platform hackerrank. Did not manage to pass the first round of interview. The experience of using hackerrank is not good.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopee

Interview

Applied online on their website. Had one phone screen followed by Online Assesment and Technical rounds. Easy Online Assesment and difficult Interview. Phone Screen was technical and questions were about Time and Space Complexity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopee

Application

I interviewed at Shopee

Interview

2nd interview, coding first and then asked some questions, the while process lasted for about 2 hours, about 30 minutes for coding and 1.5 hours for basic questions including OS, network, database and c++

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews