Singapore University of Social Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at Singapore University of Social Sciences

2.7

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences (Singapore) in December 2020.

Interview

The interview was setup for Institute of Adult Learning (Centre for Workplace Learning & Performance - CWLP) and was generally went well until...

Hiring manager paying too much attention on candidate's knowledge about its initiatives and the organisation's scope of "business" in CWLP, much to the extent of like a close-book examination, rather than focusing on candidate's ability to develop new "customers" i.e. members for its initiative. Isnt interview is best be conduct like a flow of business discussion to evaluate candidate credential ?

Hiring manager, coming from education domain, don't seem to be aligned with "business-trained" candidate's lingo, and kept correcting words coming from my mouth

In addition, via the HR to do the forwarding to hiring manager, I have took great pain to craft some of my past work samples for hiring manager to evaluate my foundation for the role but she claimed she didnt receive anything. She replied reviewing my resume is good enough, obviously standing at HR side. Before interview, HR claimed he had forwarded them already. Time spent has been completely wasted ! Disappointed with HR too!

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is CWLP? (better dont google when ask)   Answer Question

Senior Executive/Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences (Singapore) in December 2020.

Interview

One interview with the department and one interview with the prof. The department head expected the candidate to elaborate everyone about him or her all within that one question - tell me about yourself.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences (Singapore) in April 2020.

Interview

Two interview stages - one was in person, the other was over Zoom video. The first round was with the hiring manager and section director, the other one was with the section director and his reporting officer. It was held quite close together - almost a week in between, which was great!

Interview Questions

• To describe and elaborate on my previous work experience and share more on the case study that I was tasked to prepare and present on.   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences.

Interview

I was asked to craft and present a short talk on my area of expertise, and subsequently answered questions from the interviewers. I was also given the chance to pose questions of my own about the university structure.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences (Singapore) in August 2019.

Interview

Interview process is fairly fast. However, HR staff might not be competent as one my original certificates went missing after verification by HR. Had to come back to SUSS HR on another day just to collect my missing cert. Interviewed by Vice Dean, a department staff and a HR Staff. Had to do a written assessment before the interview.

Executive Interview

Interview

On the day of the interview, there was a 30 minutes written test. Afterwhich, there was a panel of 5 interviewers, including a HR senior officer, Dean, Vice-dean and 2 managers.

Associate Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences.

Interview

Casual. It was a conversation between fellow academics, sharing on the experiences of teaching and also discussing working conditions in the university. There was also a discussion on the teaching policy.

Officer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences (Singapore) in March 2019.

Interview

The whole process took about 1 hour. 30 minutes writing test (Replying to a complaint e-mail of a student) and 30 minutes of a face-to-face interview. Had an interview with the HR Manager and the in-charge. They were nice, very professional. They asked about my previous job experience and talked about a difficult situation I faced.

The job description mentioned that it was a Monday - Friday job, and I only found out that the job requires shift work and weekends as well.

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences.

Interview

Received a call from HR to have the interview within 3 days, after I had applied the position online. The interview consists of a half and hour written test (replying to a complaint email from a student) and face to face interview. Whole process took about one hour.
    Interviewed by 2 department managers and probably 1 HR manager. Although questions was threw to me continuously but it was not those type of difficult questions.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore University of Social Sciences in March 2017.

Interview

The interview Started with 30 mins writing test, followed by face to face interview by 2 interviewers from IT and 1 HR person. HR checked all the certificates and explain what benefits they have.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.