Tableau Software Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 514 of over 514 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The initial screening is an online accessment and after finishing it, I get the final virtual on-site. There are 4 rounds in total with 3 coding interviews and 1 behavior interview

Interview Questions
  • Talking about projects. 2 rounds with binary tree related questions and 1 round with a greedy algorithm questions
    Answer Question

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

six to seven interviews across sales leadership, exec leadership, final presentation pitching 30 60 90 day plan, referee checks, discussion with HR, all focused on cultural fit. other discussions around previous jobs, performance, and network

Interview Questions
  • plan to run and operate local sales business unit

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Applied online, received coding challenge, invited for a final interview with combined technical and behavior. Overall process took about a month, the interviewers were very friendly and ready to answer my questions.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about projects on my resume, typical behavioral questions and a live coding problem

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in Oct 2021

Interview

Applied on the Salesforce website, got reached out by a recruiter weeks later. I then had a 1 hour tech screen with one of their engineers. Not only was the problem outrageous, but the interviewer didn't even define a method signature, input, or anything. He wanted it to be "open-ended", so I said bye.

Interview Questions
  • There ferries that take a person to different islands. What are the minimum amount of ferries you have to take to reach your final destination?

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The interview process was great, the engineer and the hr are both friendly and helpful. This is a 1 hr interview that the first 15 min is behavioral, and the remain 45 min is a leetcode medium question about string and hash map

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in Oct 2021

Interview

There was an OA. This was followed by two interviews scheduled back to back, one with the HM and one with a member of the technical team. The HM round was more behavioral where I was asked questions related to my past experience. The Technical round was pretty interesting, with questions on both coding and theory. The interviewers on both rounds were super helpful and friendly, which automatically gave me the confidence I needed to perform well. The recruiting team has also been very accommodating and I am excited to join the team - given my experience interacting with the people I'll potentially be working with.

Interview Questions
  • Questions on my past projects and on conflict resolution in the HM Round. Questions of Software Engineering fundamentals and pair programming in the Technical round,

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Tableau Software in Oct 2021

Interview

First, I got the coding challenge in HackerRank. After the assessment, the recruiting coordinator would help to schedule the interview with two engineers. The interview takes a total of 75 minutes, 30 minutes for the behavior questions, and 45 minutes for the technical questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

A Hackerrank coding assessment, then a 2-hour interview with a 45-minute data structure & algorithm question and another 30-minute question on personal projects, etc. Both interviewers were software engineers (one was also a manager).

Interview Questions
  • Create an algorithm to find the angle between the hour and minute hands in a clock.

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The interview process went as below: Interview R1 - Hiring Manager Interview R2 - Recruiter (discuss compensation expectations) Interview R3 - 4 interviews back to back ( 3 colleagues and hiring manager again) Interview R4 - Hiring Manager's Boss The process went pretty well and got positive feedback. The recruiter informed me that the team was regrouping and redoing the job description/ interview process so I don't believe any candidate was picked.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you're right for this position?

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The recruiter screen for 30 mins where we spoke about the experience so far. A phone call about a week later with a designer. It was a pretty straightforward process with questions related to recent projects. Spoke through my process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Sydney)

Interview

Went through 5 interviews with the last being in front of a panel of four people with a presentation I had to create. I was advised during the panel interview that I would know the outcome within a couple of days. I followed up a week later as I had not heard anything and they said they were still taking others though the rounds and would get back to me. That was 4 weeks ago with no updates or contact. They also reposted the job ad two weeks ago. So they're either keeping me on the back burner or haven't bothered to tell me that I haven't been successful. You'd think that after 5 interviews and more than two months since the first, I'd at least be respected enough to be given a 'Thanks but no thanks' email. It speaks volumes about the Tableau culture.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 514 Interviews