Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Teach for America Interview Questions

Interviews at Teach for America

3.4

Teacher Interview

Interview

I attended a final In-person interview for Teach For America. The interview process included 5 mins group lesson(you can freely choose a subject based on your preference) and a 1-1 interview with TFA Alum

Interview Questions

• detail explanations of previous experiences; motivation for applying TFA; how to resolve a sudden incident   Answer Question

Teacher Recruitment Interview

Interview

Friendly, open, informative. I felt that the recruiter believed in the message and overall goal of Teach for America. That said, the financial support offered seems minimal at best initially - you're expected to pay out of pocket for a lot of initial expenses and you can attempt to balance them with applying for grants you may not receive.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Sample teaching lesson( five minute time limit), behavioral questions with someone who was a TFA alum/still involved with TFA. Lasted about 45mins, asked you about hardships and strengths/weaknesses. Overall welcoming interviewer

Graduate Teaching Fellow Interview

Interview

Included several steps, starting with a written response/essay portion, then , if you get chosen to move on, you get paired with someone to prepare you for the interview. Before the interview, you have to answer some questions about placement preferences, preferred subjects to teach, etc. Then you have about an hour-long interview, starting with a role-play scenario and then moving onto a standard interview.

Corps Member Interview

Interview

A lengthy written application and phone screen before hearing back about an in person interview. The in person session includes multiple rounds of different types of interviews, group interviews, role plays, and demos.

Interview Questions

• You have to demo a 5 minute teaching lesson   1 Answer

Corps Member Interview

Interview

submitted an application at the final deadline, had a phone interview, then invited to an in person interview, which was all day long in a new location. Had to present a teaching sample, a small group where we all read the same article and then talked about it, and then did a 1:1 interview with one of the two folks leading the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a principle who made a decision that you felt was not in the best interest of your students   1 Answer

TFA Corps Member Interview

Interview

It was a seamless process. There was plenty of communication involved so I knew the whole process. It was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. They let me know around the end of April which was right before I graduated.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

The interview process was great, everyone was very kind and encouraging. I learned a lot in the process and it made me really think critically about why I wanted to be a teacher.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher?
      How can you connect with students who are different from you?
      What challenges have you overcome?
      Teaching brings its challenges, how do you plan to manage that especially in the first year?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

It was long and tough. Required a lot of preparation, but if you are well prepared and passionate about this work you will succeed. The interview is very positive, and they truly want to get to know you and your interests. My best piece of advice is me authentic and honest. I believe they are looking for passionate individuals who are resilient and recognize their shortcomings, but are always looking to be better.

Interview Questions

• What does success mean to you?
      What is something you have failed at, and how did you overcome it?
      How would your identity benefit your students?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in November 2020.

Interview

The interview took place over the phone and online. My interviewer was incredibly nice and sounded like she genuinely wanted to hear what I had to say. Very professional and comfortable process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.