Teralytics Data Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 19 interviews

Interviews at Teralytics

Negative100%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teralytics

Teralytics

Application

I interviewed at Teralytics

Interview

A few rounds, but they are unprofessional. Basically their junior interviewer was better at least he spent time talking with you about your projects, asking questions that was related to the position and projects I've accomplished. A senior guy in the later rounds asked many trivial questions; for example, chasing which parameters you use in commands. If you can't remember the exact values he would posed as if you know nothing at all. That made me wonder if he only uses a few commands because an engineer whose daily working platform is unix knows that there're tons of commands and some commands have many parameters, it's nearly impossible to remember all detail. But a good engineer knows he can consult with man page (though sometimes man page is not perfect). Another interviewer was bad as well because he asked some concurrency questions that I also asked when I interviewed other people in my previous working environment (I interviewed people as well). The funniest thing is the answer he proposed was wrong, and he was trying to argue the answer I replied was wrong and convince that he was right!

Interview Questions
  • Some concurrent questions covered in the book Java Concurrency in Practice. Many commands line usage questions and you need to remember its exact values.
    1 Answer