The Princeton Review Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

The Princeton Review Interview Questions

Interviews at The Princeton Review

2.6

Instructor Interview

Interview

You have to teach a short lesson of your choosing (something interesting) to show your classroom teaching style. They want you to use the Socratic teaching method and use different colored markers on the board to teach.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any teaching experience at work or in college?   Answer Question

Teacher for SAT Interview

Interview

Give a 10-15 minute demo for how to teach a skill. They would give you some time and you would present it in a group format to the other trainees

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Princeton Review (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. The second round included an interview and teaching demonstration. The interviews took no more than two hours over the span of 2 weeks.

Tutoring Manager Interview

Interview

Online application --> Phone Interview --> In person Interview

The interview process was simple and straightforward. The in person interview was problematic in some of the questions they asked, and the company never followed up afterwards (but promised to get back with final decisions by the end of the week).

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Princeton Review.

Interview

Extremely curt and unprofessional.
    If the HR Rep did not pick the scheduling, I feel for them and they should have voiced an idea/ideas for the phone screening format. If the HR contact did choose the format, than that is their opportunity to learn to speak up as I could immediately sense stress/hurriedness in their voice.
    The phone screen was 15 minutes and 2 times during the conversation I was told something to the effect that "I have back, to back, to back appointments."
     As a sales professional, I understand that everyone's time is scarce, but I sincerely felt that their HR/Recruiting is a 'check the box' organization. If you're newer to sales and would like to work on your "elevator pitch" than I'd recommend accepting the phone screen to help your skills and perhaps it will lead to a sales role.
    Otherwise, I'd say this organization is a "pass"

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Princeton Review.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then after you are called in to teach a five minute sample lesson. Mine was on how to win every-time at tic-tac-toe. This part was fairly easy, do not over think it as I tried to do. Make sure you plan to use a white board

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Princeton Review in December 2019.

Interview

After application was submitted, I was asked to answer a questionnaire from the hiring manager. Had three separate phone interviews. The last interview was with a senior manager who was curt and appeared to be in a foul mood. I attempted to reach the hiring manager after the last interview but did not get a response. I never received a rejection letter, but assume the position was filled.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Princeton Review (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Walkthrough of my resume, and simple questions about the languages I mentioned I knew. Also asked for elaborations on my experience like "can you tell me more about this project?"

Interview Questions

• Name some sql joins, what is a javascript prototype, what is a css inline block, what's the time complexity of getting a value from an array?   Answer Question

SAT/ACT/GMAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Princeton Review (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

A 2-part interview process that included a phone interview and a panel presentation took approximately 90 minutes collectively. Past teaching/educational experience are beneficial to address the phone interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with the students' parents?   1 Answer

SAT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Princeton Review (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I started the interview process while I was abroad, so this may not be what everyone does: it started with an online application. After I submitted the application (all about basic stuff: education, resume, etc.), I received a message from a staff member in the DC office. She then had me set up a Skype interview. I assume this would have been in person if I had been in the country. Lastly, when I came back to DC I participated in a teaching interview where I taught the subject of my choice to one of the office managers for about 15 mins. After those three stages, I was hired and I started the training process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.