Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at Twitter

1,015 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Boulder, CO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Overall, really positive interview experience.

Had an initial call with the hiring manager, did a great job explaining the "why" of the project and team.

Technical phone interview on HackerRank, pretty typical coding exercise, medium to hard difficulty.

On-site interview had two more coding exercises, one was really challenging and the other was very simple, as well as a system design interview, and then lastly a leadership/behavioral interview. Throughout the interviews, everyone was very friendly and engaged, not combative like some other places I've interviewed. I also had lunch with a few folks not on the interview panel, food and conversation were both great.

Throughout the entire process, from the first call to the offer negotiation, my recruiters were exceptional. I felt valued, informed, and welcomed.

Suggestion: highly recommend reviewing Twitter's existing architecture in prep for the system design, lot of good videos and articles on the web that would through parts of it.

Only negative is that each team's interview process seems different, so YMMV, and my experience doesn't reflect the same as other people I know that have interviewed at Twitter.

Interview Questions

• Interval coding questions   3 Answers
    • Design a portion of Twitter's architecture.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

First interviewer ask me to talk about projects listed on CV, then ask specific questions about techniques used in those projects and challenges during the projects. Then move on to coding part.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of strings and a query sub-string, find all strings that have word(s) start with the sub-string   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and Twitter does not take the time out to find the right candidates. My interviewer, Alexandra Falconi, seemed very uninterested and everything she was saying felt scripted. She didn't ask anything that pertained to me personal, just different versions of the same question about my experience. The WORST part of it all is they charged me $18.64 on my phone bill to dial-in for this phone interview. They were NOT transparent in letting me know that I will be charged to pursue this opportunity. This opportunity was truly a waste of money.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.....Usual HR questions from a google search   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Interview

Short, a lot of talking from the interviewer without much asking of my qualifications and resume. the interviewer seemed to have already made decision before interview somehow, so the interview was also pretty short.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

So I reached our to HR via linkedin and got there email and sent the recruiter. I was luckily and got in touch in the knick of time. I cleared the HR talk. Then it's 3 stages.

Stage 1: Manager, moderately technical phone interview for 25-30 mins
    Stage 2: Team member, very technical interview for 45 mins
    Stage 3: Is a 3 hour event with multiple members of the team again.

I didn't do well in stage one as my mind wasn't in the right place that day. I have left a transcript of every single question I got in the interview right here in the interview questions section, it was over 30 questions asked.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little about yourself
      a. Where are you working
      b. What are you working on?
      c. What you’re looking for in your next role
      2. Tell me when you were hired at your current place of employment, what was the role you we’re hired for?
      3. How many projects have you worked on at your current role?
      4. Tell me about the Framework you have been currently using?
      5. What has your involvement been in the development of the framework?
      6. When you joined your current company did the frame work exist or no?
      a. Is yes, how did you determine the framework you are currently using is the best option?
      7. In a regular day what is your percentage split in time as a tester between manual and automation?
      8. Give a chance would you like to work as a developer?
      9. What do you like about being in testing?
      10. What according to you is a good test frame work in general? (since you’ve already built one.
      11. What other test frameworks do you have experience with?
      12. What has been your mobile testing experience?
      13. What do you like Appium?
      14. What do you not like about Appium?
      15. What platform did you use Appium for?
      16. What factor would you consider if you had to design a new automation framework? Factor meaning, if your building a new framework; what things need to be considered in R&D?
      17. How do you define quality what is quality to you?
      18. How would measure quality if the customer hasn’t seen the product?
      19. What are you looking for in your next role?
      20. Why are you looking for a new role?
      21. Why would our company be the one?
      22. What is your preferred language to code in?
      23. What is your dev experience? Is it only Front end or do you have back end experience as well?
      24. Going back to that framework, so it has been built. Now time has passed. (Give one or two examples of the journey)
      a. Over the years what enhancements or improvements would you make?
      b. How would those improvements be made?
      c. How exactly would they be carried out?
      d. Why those improvements?
      e. What are the challenges you face when building this framework?
      f. How did you overcome those challenges?
      g. What did the final product look like?   1 Answer

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Took them at least 3 months to reject my application after completion of the initial assessment round.
    I got 2 automated emails in between the period saying my application is still in consideration and one day they just sent the rejection without any calls or interaction.
    You should not keep the candidate's hopes up for such a long period and then reject the application without proper communication.

Interview Questions

• The initial round was just a couple of hacker rank challenges   Answer Question

SDE-New Grad Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. It came to campus to collect the resume and to guide where to apply. twitter.uo I studied at california state university east bay in Computer science.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in a minute.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter in August 2020.

Interview

Background: I have a PhD in statistics from one of the top universities, have 10 years of DS/ML industry experience, been a technical lead at a top 3 FANG company for 5 years and before my current job I worked for a mid-size company for another 5 years.

I applied online for a DS position at Twitter and was contacted by a Twitter recruiter the next day. Had an informational/technical interview with the hiring manager, he was very friendly and honest which I liked and this made me more motivated. Same day the recruiter said the hiring manager liked me and they want to move forward to the next step. I had an interview with an SDE and one DS (both told me they had about 1 year of experience). I had one coding question (SDE/Algorithm/Design) type of question which according to the hiring manager and the JD was not supposed to be part of interview (this was a pure Senior DS Analytics role and not SDE or even ML Engineering role), and one DS question. DS question was easy (power analysis for experimentation) and I managed to fully solve the coding question but not as a SDE with the most optimum algorithm/system design solution. Two days later I got a generic email from Twitter that they are not interested in moving forward while I thought the interview went pretty well and other than algorithm/system design I managed to answer all questions and even fully answered the coding part! Also while interviewing with Twitter, I was interviewing with two other top five IT companies for a lead IC and one DS manager role and got offer from both of them so I was a bit shocked and disappointed with how my case was handled with Twitter. To be honest I still think Twitter is a great company but they need to use more senior(experienced) people for interviews. Also I cannot be 1005 sure but recently I have seen a lot of grey areas and "other considerations" happening at IT companies based on the gender and racial factors which is not fair and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Q1) Coding for SDE roles (algorithm/system design/optimization)
      Q2) Power analysis for A/B   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

- Initial chat with a hiring manager

- Technical phone screen

- Multiple interviews with 2 people on each spanning front end, backend, system design and behavioral.

Everybody I spoke with was incredibly motivated, cheerful and happy to be talking to me. They seemed passionate about the work they are doing and made me feel super comfortable talking to them. Before the interview, an interview prep assignee chats with you for about 15 minutes to let you know what to expect - this helped a lot. By far the most positive experience I have had interviewing. It helps that every single person I spoke to was going to be on the team I was interviewing for - so it felt more personal than getting judged by some random person I would never see again.

Everybody from the hiring manager to the recruiter to the interviewers were just fantastic. Highly recommend going through the process.

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online with no prior working experience as a sophomore student in college. Got a coding challenge that needs to be finished within 2 weeks of notice, finished under 30 min, but didn't get a response.

Interview Questions

• Coding question with C, C++, python, or Java of your choice. Plus a SQL question   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The virtual interview was OK, but it was clear that the interviewers didn't communicate about the process. The same questions (word for word) was asked by all interviewers. After the interview process which seemingly went well on my behalf, the recruiters circled back informing me that I was no longer a fit for the position. All in all wasted my time and got my expectations and hopes up. Recruiters: Don't call people in for interviews if they aren't a fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Twitter products to an inexperienced account?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.