Unity Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 795 of over 795 interviews

Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Unity

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unity

Interview

4 rounds of interviews including - recruiter screening - hiring manager - take-home assignment - virtual on-site interviews with 3 other team members Everything in the process was clearly outlined and communicated to me so I knew what to expect. The team members and hiring managers that interviewed me were also supportive - there were no trick questions and they truly wanted to understand my capabilities and what my work style is like. The recruiter I worked with was very responsive, helpful, and shared feedback quickly. I would say this is the best interview process so far in my career.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about a time where you had to adapt to a colleague's idea? Can you tell me about a time where a project didn't perform as well as you wanted it? If you were hired, what would be your priorities in the first month?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Unity

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Unity

Interview

For me, the formal part of the process consisted of 5 interviews and a 2-hour skills assessment. For the interviews: (1) screener with recruiter (2) screener with Hiring Manager (3) culture fit \ behavioural with a pair of employees in the same role (4) culture fit \ behavioural with a pair of developers I'd be working with (5) experience deep dive with 2 managers Skills assessment was a 30 minute timed short answer session and a 90 minute timed assessment of writing skills across 3 scenarios (rewrite this passage, etc) For me, from the start of the process to accepting the offer was about 8 weeks, which is pretty lengthy. I appreciate that Unity (both parties, in fact) want to make sure there's a really strong fit. So, I wouldn't change the number of interviews (those were spaced pretty close together). But from the final interview until hearing if I'd get an offer was pretty lengthy, and therefore stressful. Overall, though, the application\interview process was good with a LOT of transparency from the HR contact.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Unity

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unity in Nov 2021

Interview

Initial discussion with a recruiter on the phone followed by an interview with the development manager followed by a coding assessment. The coding part was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. I was asked to develop something on Codility (not data structure or algorithmic problems which are typical ones) and it was so hard to write there. Codility had to compile and build a lot of dependencies so it was so slow. Debugging was almost impossible since you were faced with a ton of errors caused by the build system. If I knew, I'd set up my IDE to write and build there and transfer it on Codility. No information was given before to prepare for the assessment.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Unity

Application

I interviewed at Unity

Interview

Initial interview with HR, and then with team lead. Both took about 30 mins. HR was responsive. After two interviews, there will be a technical exam. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Unity

Application

I interviewed at Unity

Interview

The process was very streamlined and stress-free. I appreciate how quickly I received updates from the HR rep. They made sure to answer all my questions or get back to me if they didn't have a response right away. The interviews themselves were very casual and felt like a discussion rather than your typical back and forth Q&A.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach tackling a campaign - from the planning, execution, and measurement phase?

Unity

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity

Interview

The interview process was very organized, with the recruiter providing a lot of resources to help prepare you for the interview. They also lay out every step of the interview process and what will be covered.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unity (Bellevue, WA) in Nov 2021

Interview

I just got HR call. He asked me some behavioral questions and introduced me to the information about the company and the job candidates. He also introduced me to the interview process. Finally, he sent me an email asking me to make an appointment for an interview through this email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Unity

Application

I interviewed at Unity in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview process included a writing test, sending writing samples, a phone interview with a recruiter, three calls with five members of the team and reference checks (two managers and two peers in the past five years).

Interview Questions
  • Aside from the writing test, most questions were situational or about soft skills and culture. One call was mostly dedicated to questions about inclusion and belonging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Unity (Brighton, England) in Nov 2021

Interview

Nice people but an overly long and poorly communicated interview process. 1) 30 Minute screening interview with recruiter who told me they would be my contact throughout the process 2) 45 Minute Interview with the Hiring Manager (Customer Success Director in Canada) This was set up by a different recruiter 3) 45 Minute Interview and Case Study with Customer Success Team Lead. - 2 different recruiters reached out to me to arrange this interview. I was to present a Case Study to the CS lead. The recruiter forgot to send me the case study and I had to chase it up. I received it the day before only giving me a couple of hours that evening to work on it. 4) 45 Minute Culture Fit interview with two team members 5) Another 45 minute Culture fit Interview with two more team mates. Both of these were held on the same day 6) A Final interview with the Customer Success Team Lead and another team member. Given what I was told at the start of the interview process I was surprised to be invited to another interview stage as the culture fit interviews were supposed to be the final stages. Two days before my final interview I received an automate email from Unity asking me to give them feedback on their recruitment process and sorry I wasn't successful. I queried this with the recruitment team who told me this was a mistake and my interview the following day was still on. The following morning I received an email telling me the position had now been filled and they were cancelling the interview. They were considering me for another position but had decided that this wasn't a good fit. So it was clear that a decision not to offer me the role was made the previous week when I received the automated email and I had been spending more hours of my time preparing for a now non existent role. The people I spoke with were all very nice and it seems like a great place to work but their interview process needs some serious improvements. A process dragged out over 8 weeks only to end in a serious lack of transparency and communication left a pretty bad taste. Throughout the process I was never completely aware who my main recruitment contact was as it kept changing. They asked me to re-apply again in the future but I wouldn't go through all that again unfortunately.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioural questions. Tell me a time when you did xyz etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littlehampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unity (Littlehampton, England) in Nov 2021

Interview

Series of telephone calls, starting with HR and ending in the most senior leader in that functional area. Good opportunities to speak with other business areas that the role would be supporting too.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Unity

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Unity in Nov 2021

Interview

Very smooth process, the recruiter explained the steps and kept calling me and explaining the next steps, all interviewers were friendly and supportive. The recruitment involved several interviews split into 4 stages, it felt like a game, when you are passing a stage and move forward you get the thrill of winning.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 795 Interviews