- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Singapore - All Cities
- - Singapore Area
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA, United States Area
- - Los Angeles, CA, United States Area
- - Arizona
- - Phoenix, AZ, United States Area
- - Arkansas
- - Searcy, AR, United States Area
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO, United States Area
- - Florida
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Area
- - Orlando, FL, United States Area
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA, United States Area
- - Nevada
- - Las Vegas, NV, United States Area
- - South Carolina
- - Greenville, SC, United States Area
- - Texas
- - Austin, TX, United States Area
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA, United States Area
- - Spokane, WA, United States Area
- Australia - All Cities
- - Western Australia
- - Perth, Australia Area
- Canada - All Cities
- - Alberta
- - Calgary, AB, Canada Area
- - British Columbia
- - Vancouver, BC, Canada Area
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Quebec
- - Montreal, QC, Canada Area
- China - All Cities
- - Shanghai
- - Shanghai, China Area
- Colombia - All Cities
- - Bogota
- - Bogota, Colombia Area
- - Risaralda
- - Pereira, Risaralda
- Denmark - All Cities
- - Capital Region
- - Copenhagen, Denmark Area
- - South Denmark
- - Odense, Denmark Area
- Finland - All Cities
- - Southern Finland
- - Helsinki, Finland Area
- France - All Cities
- - Ile-de-France
- - Paris, France Area
- Hong Kong - All Cities
- - Yung Shue Wan, Hong Kong Area
- India - All Cities
- - Andhra Pradesh
- - Visakhapatnam
- - Karnataka
- - Bangalore, India Area
- - Orissa
- - Sambalpur, Orissa
- - Telangana
- - Hyderabad, India Area
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Dublin
- - Dublin, Ireland Area
- Italy - All Cities
- - Lombardy
- - Milan, Italy Area
- Lithuania - All Cities
- - Kauno Apskritis
- - Kaunas, Lithuania Area
- - Vilniaus Apskritis
- - Vilnius, Lithuania Area
- New Zealand - All Cities
- - Auckland
- - Auckland, New Zealand Area
- Nigeria - All Cities
- - Lagos
- - Lagos
- Pakistan - All Cities
- - Sind
- - Karachi, Pakistan Area
- Russia - All Cities
- - Sankt-Peterburg
- - Saint Petersburg, Russia Area
- South Korea - All Cities
- - Soul
- - Seoul, South Korea Area
- Ukraine - All Cities
- - Odesa
- - Odessa, Ukraine Area
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Brighton, United Kingdom Area
- - Chester, United Kingdom Area
- - Coventry, United Kingdom Area
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - Slough, United Kingdom Area
- - Southampton, United Kingdom Area
- - Scotland
- - Edinburgh, United Kingdom Area
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Most Difficult
Interviews at Unity
Interviews for Top Jobs at Unity
- Software Engineer (46)
- Software Developer (41)
- Senior Software Engineer (35)
- Senior Software Developer (19)
- Product Manager (13)
- Software Engineer(Internship) (10)
- Junior Test Engineer (9)
- Senior Product Manager (9)
- Intern (8)
- Software Test Engineer (8)
- Developer Relations Engineer (8)
- Manager (7)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (7)
- Recruiter (7)
- Senior Technical Program Manager (6)
- Sales Development Representative (6)
- Account Executive (6)
- Technical Artist (6)
- Program Manager (5)
- Executive Assistant (5)
- Data Scientist (5)
- Senior Business Development Manager (5)
- Client Partner (5)
- Business Intelligence Analyst (5)
- Developer Support Engineer (5)
- Technical Program Manager (5)
- Product Marketing Manager (4)
- Senior Data Analyst (4)
- Lead Software Engineer (4)
- Technical Evangelist (4)
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unity
4 rounds of interviews including - recruiter screening - hiring manager - take-home assignment - virtual on-site interviews with 3 other team members Everything in the process was clearly outlined and communicated to me so I knew what to expect. The team members and hiring managers that interviewed me were also supportive - there were no trick questions and they truly wanted to understand my capabilities and what my work style is like. The recruiter I worked with was very responsive, helpful, and shared feedback quickly. I would say this is the best interview process so far in my career.
- Can you tell me about a time where you had to adapt to a colleague's idea? Can you tell me about a time where a project didn't perform as well as you wanted it? If you were hired, what would be your priorities in the first month?
I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Unity
For me, the formal part of the process consisted of 5 interviews and a 2-hour skills assessment. For the interviews: (1) screener with recruiter (2) screener with Hiring Manager (3) culture fit \ behavioural with a pair of employees in the same role (4) culture fit \ behavioural with a pair of developers I'd be working with (5) experience deep dive with 2 managers Skills assessment was a 30 minute timed short answer session and a 90 minute timed assessment of writing skills across 3 scenarios (rewrite this passage, etc) For me, from the start of the process to accepting the offer was about 8 weeks, which is pretty lengthy. I appreciate that Unity (both parties, in fact) want to make sure there's a really strong fit. So, I wouldn't change the number of interviews (those were spaced pretty close together). But from the final interview until hearing if I'd get an offer was pretty lengthy, and therefore stressful. Overall, though, the application\interview process was good with a LOT of transparency from the HR contact.
- How would you build trust as a new member on a team?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unity in Nov 2021
Initial discussion with a recruiter on the phone followed by an interview with the development manager followed by a coding assessment. The coding part was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. I was asked to develop something on Codility (not data structure or algorithmic problems which are typical ones) and it was so hard to write there. Codility had to compile and build a lot of dependencies so it was so slow. Debugging was almost impossible since you were faced with a ton of errors caused by the build system. If I knew, I'd set up my IDE to write and build there and transfer it on Codility. No information was given before to prepare for the assessment.
- 3 programs in 2.5 hours
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I interviewed at Unity
Initial interview with HR, and then with team lead. Both took about 30 mins. HR was responsive. After two interviews, there will be a technical exam. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
- How do you prepare for a technical project?
I interviewed at Unity
The process was very streamlined and stress-free. I appreciate how quickly I received updates from the HR rep. They made sure to answer all my questions or get back to me if they didn't have a response right away. The interviews themselves were very casual and felt like a discussion rather than your typical back and forth Q&A.
- How would you approach tackling a campaign - from the planning, execution, and measurement phase?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unity
The interview process was very organized, with the recruiter providing a lot of resources to help prepare you for the interview. They also lay out every step of the interview process and what will be covered.
- Tell us about more about your projects and process.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unity (Bellevue, WA) in Nov 2021
I just got HR call. He asked me some behavioral questions and introduced me to the information about the company and the job candidates. He also introduced me to the interview process. Finally, he sent me an email asking me to make an appointment for an interview through this email.
- Do you know what is Unity 3D?
I interviewed at Unity in Nov 2021
The interview process included a writing test, sending writing samples, a phone interview with a recruiter, three calls with five members of the team and reference checks (two managers and two peers in the past five years).
- Aside from the writing test, most questions were situational or about soft skills and culture. One call was mostly dedicated to questions about inclusion and belonging.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England
I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Unity (Brighton, England) in Nov 2021
Nice people but an overly long and poorly communicated interview process. 1) 30 Minute screening interview with recruiter who told me they would be my contact throughout the process 2) 45 Minute Interview with the Hiring Manager (Customer Success Director in Canada) This was set up by a different recruiter 3) 45 Minute Interview and Case Study with Customer Success Team Lead. - 2 different recruiters reached out to me to arrange this interview. I was to present a Case Study to the CS lead. The recruiter forgot to send me the case study and I had to chase it up. I received it the day before only giving me a couple of hours that evening to work on it. 4) 45 Minute Culture Fit interview with two team members 5) Another 45 minute Culture fit Interview with two more team mates. Both of these were held on the same day 6) A Final interview with the Customer Success Team Lead and another team member. Given what I was told at the start of the interview process I was surprised to be invited to another interview stage as the culture fit interviews were supposed to be the final stages. Two days before my final interview I received an automate email from Unity asking me to give them feedback on their recruitment process and sorry I wasn't successful. I queried this with the recruitment team who told me this was a mistake and my interview the following day was still on. The following morning I received an email telling me the position had now been filled and they were cancelling the interview. They were considering me for another position but had decided that this wasn't a good fit. So it was clear that a decision not to offer me the role was made the previous week when I received the automated email and I had been spending more hours of my time preparing for a now non existent role. The people I spoke with were all very nice and it seems like a great place to work but their interview process needs some serious improvements. A process dragged out over 8 weeks only to end in a serious lack of transparency and communication left a pretty bad taste. Throughout the process I was never completely aware who my main recruitment contact was as it kept changing. They asked me to re-apply again in the future but I wouldn't go through all that again unfortunately.
- Mostly behavioural questions. Tell me a time when you did xyz etc.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littlehampton, England
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unity (Littlehampton, England) in Nov 2021
Series of telephone calls, starting with HR and ending in the most senior leader in that functional area. Good opportunities to speak with other business areas that the role would be supporting too.
- Talk through CV history in own words.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Unity in Nov 2021
Very smooth process, the recruiter explained the steps and kept calling me and explaining the next steps, all interviewers were friendly and supportive. The recruitment involved several interviews split into 4 stages, it felt like a game, when you are passing a stage and move forward you get the thrill of winning.
- - Why do you want to leave your job?
- - Why did I choose Unity?
- - How do you handle underperformers?
- - Questions about my experience delivering feedback?
- - How am I planning to get involved with what the team is working on?
- - How am I planning to close the gaps in my knowledge?
- - How do I work with Agile products?
- - How do I manage projects?