Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at Visa Inc.

1,296 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Overall nice people, ain't just have a conversation with the people and you will do fine. Had some very basic technical questions on the interview but nothing to crazy. The interview was split into 3 different meetings with 3 different people already in their position

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

there was 2 phone interviews, 1 conceptual, 1 coding, i think it is due to covid, we do not have an onsite interview which usually would happen. the interviewer was asking mainly question about java for conceptual

Product Development Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2020.

Interview

6 rounds of interviews ranging from Technical Architects, Senior Directors, VP and Directors and a HR rep.
    Interview process was quick but the feedback was not very transparent in spite of me asking if I needed to clarify anything further during the interview.
    45 min each round.

Interview Questions

• What is Feature engineering in AI ?
      Tell me about your hiring process ?   1 Answer

Interview

1 online assessment, 2 phone rounds. Very team dependent but they ask you a lot of questions and then a general leetcode on second phone round. Overall the process was very fast and the recruiter called me with the offer.

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview at career fair which led to an accelerated hiring process, 2 hour Hackerrank (with around 5 questions), one technical interview. Entire process took around 4 weeks to complete.

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email that I made it to the next round. I later had two 30-min phone interviews with members of my team. The interviews were of average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Why Visa? How has your previous experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer - .NET/Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I went through their interview process, I was able to clear the initial coding assessment, medium standard 1 dynamic, 1 tricky array problem similar to Leetcode . I was prompt to the next round which is one-one coding assessment. I was asked all about Java and JavaScript. I asked my recruiter for details about the job requirement, make sure that they understand that I'm from .NET stack and had limited exposure to client side scripting like JavaScript and Angular. Also mentioned that I'm learning new technology stack like reactJs, reactNative and Angular. But all they ask about angular, Java and JavaScript. Today I have got an update from their recruiting team that they have filled out this position. My frustration is, I have been honest with them on the day 1, not sure why they dragged this up to 8 weeks ? Taking assessment needs practice and at least 1.5 hour of time to complete. It's complete waste of time, these client side technology is not rocket science, they can be learnt in few days.

Interview Questions

• Medium difficult problems similar to LeetCode.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

30 minute interview where the hiring manager talked for 20 minutes, and didn't have any specific questions. The recruiter didn't advise on any unique characteristics for this interview. They may have had their mind set on someone else and just going through the motions?

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

It was hacker rank test at first with 3 coding questions and multiple choice questions. They are pretty easy. Next there is a phone round with Hiring manager who is a Director. I interviewed with an VISA org called MAPPD. The phone call lasted for 15-20 mins. The director told me that they would call me in couple of days but I never received the call. The recruiting team don't respond to emails. It felt like the position was already fixed and provided to some internal candidate.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

1. Recruiter called and setup a hiring manager interview
    2. I got Hacker rank questions which are very basics. cleared it with ease
    3. Hiring manager spoke for 30 minutes with template questions and very easy to clear
    4. I got Interviewed with the team of 4 people (templated questions again, no challenging interaction)
    5. After 3 weeks, i got an email saying i am rejected with no reason provided (as there is no reason i guess)

Seems to be an internal filling position. I would be cautious next time to watch out for these positions.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions and situational questions
      system design
      integration design   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.