Zillow Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 876 of over 876 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

Zillow's recruiter was extremely unprofessional. Violet responded a few days after I applied online asking me to choose a time slot for my first interview. I did that. She cancelled the meeting a couple of minutes prior to the interview with no explanation. I took PTO for the interview so didn't appreciate the short notice. I contacted her to reschedule. She explained that the job description was being revised and would be posted at a higher level. Once that position was posted I emailed Violet to see if I could reschedule the interview since the new job description perfectly matched my 15 years of experience. Ghosted. Another similar position became available with Zillow so I applied for that one also since I also had several years of experience that directly matched the job description. Ghosted again but this time my Workday portal was changed to "Process Completed". My advice: If you invite someone to an interview and they take PTO to accommodate that you owe them a professional degree of communication. I'm giving Zillow and Violet 2 thumbs down.

Interview Questions
  • What time are you available for an interview?
    1 Answer

Zillow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow in Jun 2021

Interview

Initially, I was contact by a recruiter. She asked questions I would assume to verify I was qualified for the position and then educated me about the role itself. She was extremely friendly and professional. She scheduled an interview with two managers for the following week. I was interviewed via Zoom by two different managers for 30 minutes each. Overall, I was very impressed by the entire process. Everyone was very friendly, professional and I felt 100% comfortable visiting with each of them. The recruiter kept me informed about the process and was great to work with.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time things did not go as planned and how you kept things on track?

Zillow

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

HR phone screen, Manager phone screen, the. 2 Interview “Loops” with about 9 interviewers total. The interview process and offer process was fairly simple and straightforward. One thing that I loved was that the recruiter was very responsive and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time what you know about Zillow and where we need to improve or do better.

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

So friendly and easy to communicate with. Fast email response from HR. Accurate call timing, you think you are talking to someone you already know. Focused on individuals that like team work and inner company mentors.

Interview Questions
  • How do you describe your self working with others.?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

4 people on zoom 30 mins each. Conversational interview. Behavioral questions. It was welcoming. Also did a mock call to partner. The process is ran very smoothly. Be prepared with your own questions. Use different examples with each interviewer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Interviewed over zoom, very long process with multiple people over two days. Let me tell you, these people think they are really great. I can't even describe the amount of arrogance that came across while interviewing. They asked very vauge technical questions, and asked questions about things that weren't even in the job description. It seemed like this job would be a real pain to deal with.

Interview Questions
  • How awesome are we that we work at Zillow?

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

I Initially spoke with an HR employee. After that initial call, met with two managers via zoom. Spent about 30-40 minutes with each of them. After interviews, it took about a week before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when your job was ambiguous. How did you handle this?
1 person found this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

So far the interview process has been great. I am impressed with the amount of information supplied to me on what to expect on the interview and how to best prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
  • One of the important questions that was asked was on my flexibility to work weekends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY)

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by one of their recruiters. Had a 30 minute intro call with the recruiter. Then, I had a 1 hr tech screen with one of their devs. It was on Hakerrank and was more of an algorithm question than a FE development / implementation question. The tech screen didn't go well and I didn't feel like I got to know the interviewer very much. I had to reach out to Zillow to hear anything back which was frustrating because I knew the tech screen didn't go well. It was demoralizing to be waiting for a reject email, not get one, follow up with the recruiter AND THEN get rejected. Even though it wasn't the outcome I wanted they still "liked my personality".

Interview Questions
  • interviewer made up a small algorithm question that we worked through on Hakerrank

Zillow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter. The salary wasn't what I was looking for, and he seemed nice and genuinely interested in my qualifications. He let me know that he would see if there were other roles that would be a better fit, and I was excited because Zillow seemed like a great company to work for. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, and 2 emails sent to the recruiter regarding other roles I was interested in he never once got back to me or responded. Even after HE offered to find a role that was a better match in regards to salary. I think the interview process says so much about a company and it's clear they are disorganized. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad they showed me early on!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 876 Interviews