Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,104 of over 1,104.0 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Zillow

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow in Jun 2022

Interview

Overall a very pleasant interview process from phone interview to virtue on-site, everyone is nice and respectful. Since I am already in the later stage of my interview, I requested Zillow to finish my interview asap so I can make a final decision, they accomplished my request and made the whole process nice and smooth. Even though I have not heard a decision from the team, I would still consider Zillow a outstanding place to workflow considering my interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interview: 1 Python question Onsite interview: 2 algo round, 2 system design round. 2 hiring manager rounds. I was interviewing for 2 teams, so I had 1 round for each team
    Answer Question

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

1) Applied online 2) Phone screen with recruiter 3) Get ghosted... Maybe it is unreasonable to expect someone to followup after a phone call, but the recruiter repeatedly assured me they would. They did not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

The recruiter was wonderful. Very communicative and helpful. The hiring manager however, stopped me mid interview and said she was ready to move me onto the next steps. Then she waited two weeks and decided she had other candidates who were a better fit. Felt extremely disingenuous and unprofessional of the hiring manager to cut off the interview because she was that confident in moving me forward, only to not follow through. I know she’s a new manager and that’s evident by her actions. I’d say I dodged a bullet and I’m grateful to not join that team.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow in Jul 2022

Interview

I applied through a friend who used to work at Zillow. She got me in touch with her former colleague there and I interviewed for 2 teams in July 2022. Everyone I met was super smart, interesting and friendly. It seems like a great place to work with a lot of exciting opportunities. The interview process was very smooth and took roughly 3 weeks. Currently waiting to hear if I have an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Phone screen, technical screen (standard coding challenge), then on-site consisting of: -medium difficulty algo-style problem -system design -product manager behavioral interview -hiring manager behavioral interview
1 person found this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zillow in Jul 2022

Interview

Interview was normal. Asked about experience. Explained every bit of it. I felt waste of time to attend here. The evaluation process is not good. Just attend interview for your own practice.

Interview Questions
  • Gave a question about paranthesis matching in a given string. Solved it. But unsure why they rejected.

Zillow

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Zillow in Jul 2022

Interview

My takeaway is that the process can vary quite a bit depending on recruiter (your first point of contact) + department . My friend works in the IT department and their experience was different.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Really an in depth interview with on the job knowledge type questions. Multiple questions concerning various valuation methods. Three different interviewers. All were very professional and knowledgeable. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA)

Interview

The interview process was simple and interesting. It only took a few minutes to get to the point. The questions were very light and not too difficult. It was really comprehensible and well organized

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2022

Interview

Great experience interviewing with Zillow. They were very respectful of my time and asked great questions that helped them get to know me. I interviewed with 4 managers and they were mostly personable and easy to talk to. The recruiter was fabulous and very helpful and supportive. She called me personally to let me know they decided on another candidate and I really appreciated that. I have a great amount of respect for this company after the great interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to give examples of several different scenarios I've been in and how I handled the circumstances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Philadelphia, PA) in Jun 2022

Interview

Screening call with recruiter (30 mins). Initial Technical Assessment (1 hr) with Android related coding question and test code review. On-Site was four 1 hr interviews with systems design, UI design, and some coding. My final interviewer during the on-site looked like he didn't want to be there and wasn't interested in hearing my process; he was interested in hitting the "Run" button when I was finished. He copy/pasted 2 coding questions from HackerRank and then did something else while I was explaining and solving the problems. After having personally interviewed many candidates at previous jobs, I found that this interview method is not a good way to determine a candidates Android coding knowledge. Frankly, this was a bit of a turn off for me.

Interview Questions
  • Standard coding questions with focus on Android. My last interviewer during the 4 hour on-site session literally copy pasted two questions from HackerRank and then worked on something else while I solved and explained.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,104 Interviews