Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Zurich North America Interview Questions

Interviews at Zurich North America

2.8

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

A couple of days after applying on online, I received a phone call on a Monday from HR to arrange for a phone interview the following day. Basically went through my resume and asked questions about my last job. Also, asked about certain skill sets the job was looking for and how I used those skills at my last job. Interview lasted 20 minutes and at the end she said I would hear from them by the end of the week. A couple of days later I received an email to take a psychometric exam which I was not familiar with at all. Exactly a week after the phone interview, I received phone call from HR saying that the job was filled. She was very pleasant and I appreciated the courtesy call.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Zurich?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Extremely Professional and detail oriented. There was a lot of Respect, Integrity, knowledge and information sharing. Extremely excited to work in such a people oriented company who take care of customers and teammates with such high esteem professionalism.

Interview Questions

• If I would be the right fit   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2017.

Interview

It was an incredibly slow interview process, probably took about a month for the entire process.
    The managers I met with asked mostly standard and basic questions and some very random questions that had nothing to do with the role. Overall, they seemed very disinterested and as if reading from a script. Interviews with potential team members too and was surprised at some of their lack of knowledge. Overall, not very impressed and declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls can you fit in a Boeing airplane   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Addison, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted by phone and email by a recruiter to set up a brief phone interview. The interview was basic yet the recruiter didn’t seem enthusiastic at all just more concerned about moving you on. She then passed me along to someone who helped set up in-person interviews. The in-person interview was a panel interview of three managers over different departments that I may encounter. They each asked “tell me about a time” overused questions and questions about my past experiences as well as what my future career outlook was. Overall, the interview went well. The main person so to speak stated he was hoping there would be a lot of good competition and that he would have the recruiter follow up with me for feedback & decisions. 2 weeks later I reached out to the recruiter and the “recruiter assistant”, with ZERO response which is very UNPROFESSIONAL. Overall, glad I wasn’t chosen, because the lack of professionalism shown let me know the company was not a good fit.

Predictive Modeler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2017.

Interview

There are in total two phone interviews. The first round is interviewed by the hr. It will take about half an hour. The second round will take longer. It takes about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you share with me your experience in working with complex data?   Answer Question

Underwriting Associate Interview

Interview

First I had an unscheduled phone interview on a Monday that lasted about 30 mins and consisted of typical interview questions. I was contacted two days later to set up a face to face interview which happened that Friday. It was very casual and seemed to go quite well. They told me I would hear back in a few days but it has been over seven business days and no word. Disappointed that I didn't even get a courtesy call especially since I sent a follow up email to both people I interviewed with thanking them for their time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job, how are you at making decisions, etc. Lots of casual conversation.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Evanston, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It the first phone interview for the Data Science Internship position, lasting about 30 mins. The HR asked me several typical behavioral questions. The HR also give me an overall description about the role I am applying for by the end of the phone call.

Interview Questions

• * Can you share with me your experience in working with complex data?   Answer Question
    • * Can you share one of your teamwork experience? Think about what's your responsibility for each team member, and how you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • * Can you share an experience when you had a conflict with your colleague, and you need to persuade them to accpet your opinion. Also, what would you do differently if you could do it again?   Answer Question
    • * Can you share an experience when you need to step up to be a leader?   Answer Question
    • * What is the part that you are most proud for your school work right now?   Answer Question
    • * Why Zurich? Why insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • * Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Addison, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 3 person panel interview in person. One manager was connected via video chat. After the interview I called and emailed the hiring manager to follow up. Never heard back. Very unprofessional and rude.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Zurich through a career fair. They seemed very interested in me and ended the interview with, "We look forward to having you on board."
    Very excitedly, I waited about two weeks and had a member of HR reach out to me to complete a Wonderlic assessment. It took three attempts to actually be sent the link, and after finally receiving it, I took it. I scored what I believed to be higher than average. Immediately after, I sent an email to inform them I had completed the assessment. No word back.
    Waited a couple weeks and emailed about the status, no answer.
    Would've been nice to be given a rejection and feedback, especially after being told what I was told in the interview.
    The culture sounded great, however!

COMMERCIAL PROPERTY EXAMINER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Initially , I received a phone confirmation and a date was set for a detained interview. There was a telephone interview which lasted at least 45 minutes. There was a detailed review on the type and scope of claims I handled.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked about exactly what role I played in the process.   Answer Question