Find jobs for analytical linguist

Analytical linguist Interview Questions

Analytical Linguist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Grammarly
Analytical Linguist was asked...15 July 2021

Do you have industry experience?

MetLang

I was asked where did I learn how to speak Spanish.

1 Answers

I was born and raised in South America. In addition, my undergraduate degree was in Modern Language with a concentration in Translations. Less

MetLang

In the interview they asked how do I maintain my language?

1 Answers

I answered by saying it is my native tongue and I speak it at home as first language. Less

MetLang

First interview - phone interview. They call you and tell you about the details of the job you're applying for, ask you about your experience speaking Spanish, and ask what Spanish dialects you've encountered. Second interview is a Skype interview.

1 Answers

I have experience in the classroom speaking Spanish. I have a Spanish degree, so I have extensive experience reading, writing, listening, and speaking Spanish. I am most comfortable with the Mexican dialect and accent just because I have been exposed to that the most. Less

Google

Write a python code that goes through large datasets and identifies palindromes.

1 Answers

x = 'anna' if x == x[::-1]: print ('its a palindrome') else: print ('its not a palindrome') Less

Grammarly

The usual vague open-ended stuff. "Give me your elevator pitch. Why do you want to work for *us*? Why do you want *this job* in particular? What are your pay expectations? Why are you looking for a change? At what stage are you at in the job-seeking process? Do you have any questions for us?"

1 Answers

I explained my background, interest in the company, issues I found with their product (problems with articles and mass nouns), interest in the position, etc. I think I'd have been able to respond better if they'd given me details about the position beyond saying that it was an a little of everything research position. I recommend practicing answering BS interview questions before your apply. This seemed like a filter out all the people that can't mask their disability round. Less

Conduit Language Specialist

You must be familiar with the specific dialect. My knowledge of Spanish in general and my specific dialect was not enough to prepare me, in fact most websites will not even ba able to prepare you. You either know the specific dialect or you don't.

MetLang

Basic questions in your native language.

How did I learn Spanish

Amelia

How can my expertise help in fixing broken intent-recognition architecture?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 interview questions

See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs

spanish linguistfreelance translatorspanish interpreterinterpreter and translator