Find jobs for language teacher

Language teacher Interview Questions

Language teachers help students learn a second language. Some teach in classrooms, whereas others interact with students online. In a language teacher interview, you should expect questions about your teaching experience, education and the languages you speak.

882 Language Teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Language Teacher Questions & How to Answer

Here are three top languages teacher interview questions and tips on how to answer them:

Question No. 1: Which tools do you use to teach students?

How to answer: This question lets you showcase your teaching skills. You can talk about methods such as showing films or videos in the foreign language, singing songs with students in the language, assigning homework or using visual aids.

Question No. 2: Why did you decide to be a language teacher?

How to answer: With this question, you can convince the interviewer that your goals align with theirs. Talk about why you are passionate about teaching and what events led you to choose a foreign language as a subject. For example, you could discuss your first trip to a foreign country and how much you enjoyed learning a new language.

Question No. 3: How do you keep students motivated and prevent frustration?

How to answer: Learning a new language is difficult and some students could give up without a skilled teacher to motivate them. Talk about how you would focus more on comprehension than grammar or pronunciation. You can also discuss the benefits of giving students attainable tasks and praising them for their progress. If possible, mention a student who excelled and benefited from their new language skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
British Town Dil Okullari
Foreign Language Teacher was asked...28 July 2022

How many hours can you work? Can you work on weekends?

My English School Italia

Grammar questions, life questions, just seeing if I fit into the culture.

Natural

Orange County Schools

What would you do if a child was in a crisis inside your classroom?

JET Program

How comfortable would you be in Nomikai (a common practice that involves getting drinks after work with your co-workers?

1 Answers

I would definitely be down and instead of one drink, I'll have two - but non-alcoholic Less

Interac

To prepare a demo lesson

Heart English School

Read an essay to a beginner student.

JET Program

- Why do you want to become an ALT?/why should we hire you?

1 Answers

- I mentioned my past experience working and teaching children, interest in Japanese culture from a young age, being an active member in my Japan culture university club, involvement with Japanese international students after graduating, and how overall, I could share and exchange Canadian and Japanese culture with the students due to my past experiences. Less

Morristown-Beard School

How can you contribute to the community of the schoo?

1 Answers

By participating in workshops.

NTK Learning Center

Can you talk about your previous teaching experience?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 882 Interview Questions