Medical technologist Interview Questions

Labs depend on their medical technologists to be able to interpret tests on blood and bodily fluids, but also to know how to convey their findings to other healthcare professionals. In an interview context, be prepared to answer technical questions, describe the equipment you are proficient in operating and provide prior lab experience. You may be presented with potential workplace stressors, so think about how you would handle these scenarios. Ultimately, as you will be working alongside others, show that you are a team player by emphasising the fact that your presence will be a motivational and essential contribution.

626 Medical Technologist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Medical Technologist Interview Questions & How To Answer

Here are three top medical technologist interview questions and tips on how to answer them:

Question No. 1: Which equipment and/or programs do you have experience with?

How to answer: This question will allow you to verbalise your CV and explain how proficient you are with specific equipment. Make sure you mention what equipment you are able to maintain.

Question No. 2: How do you manage a patient who is refusing to cooperate with your test or procedure?

How to answer: If the position you are applying to involves you working directly with patients, you may come across a situation in which they are uncooperative. Talk about your ability to communicate with the patient and stay calm.

Question No. 3: How do your further your education in your work?

How to answer: Questions such as these give you an opportunity to show that you are a self-starter and that you stay up to date with your industry's procedures and technology. If you have received training after your university education, mention it here.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
AdventHealth North Pinellas
Medical Technologist was asked...7 August 2022

Discussed about my shift and asked me to tell me about myself.

Quest Diagnostics

what is the expected salary talk about you self how do you see your self in 5 years

Makati Medical Center

From 1-10, rate your Phlebotomy skill. Order of Draw for blood tubes. Hypothetical situation.

University of Maryland Medical Center

They combed my resume and picked out every detail about every test and instrument I had ever done or used, then proceeded to ask me in detail about them, trying to catch me up. They asked questions that were contrary to what they just asked to see if they could catch me in a lie, and asked about coagulation cascades and other chemistry tests.

1 Answers

I tried to answer best I could under the pressure.

BJC HealthCare

1. Why are you leaving your current job?

1 Answers

1. Company was going through a buyout.

Evans Memorial Hospital

What were your previous experiences?

HCA Healthcare

What is your qualifications What shift do you prefer

1 Answers

I talked about my previous experience and responsibilities I told them I prefer day shift Less

Atrium Health

Why did you apply to the job offering and machines you handled.

Abbott

What previous experience makes you suitable for this role?

Sibley Memorial Hospital

Not available as this time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 626 Interview Questions