Program Manager Interview Questions

Programme managers are responsible for overseeing several company projects that are connected by a common goal. Employers are looking for candidates who excel at people management and conflict resolution. Interviewers will want to know about your leadership and multitasking skills, so come ready to discuss a time when you were able to successfully motivate a group to meet an imminent deadline or any experience of diffusing issues between colleagues.

16,070 Program Manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Programme Manager Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three top programme manager interview questions and tips on how to answer them:

Question No. 1: What are the warning signs that a programme might be at risk?

How to answer: Interviewers want to know that you can identify and solve problems. When answering this question, explain potential risks to a programme, as well as how to eliminate these risks with problem-solving skills.

Question No. 2: What is the difference between a programme manager and a project manager?

How to answer: You want employers to know that you have a strong understanding of the job description. If asked this question, explain the key differences between programme managers and project managers, including the fact that programme managers take a more strategic approach to their position. Go on to explain the strategies you would use if you were hired for the position.

Question No. 3: How do you keep a programme on track?

How to answer: The duties of a programme manager include pacing the team, keeping up with deadlines and solving problems. An interviewer may be interested in how you resolve conflict in the workplace to keep things on track. They may also want to know your planning process, how you stay organised and how you communicate with team members.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Publicis Sapient
Manager, Program Management was asked...3 October 2023

I was given a Case study to plan a complete project and there were lot of questions around the case study followed by questions on PMing skills

Paramount

Basic interview questions about your background.

Intuit

why are you applying to intuit?

Meta

How would you design Meta’s content reciew process?

Google

Q: Tell me a time that the manager or stakeholders asked for unreasonable demands?

HERE Technologies

The first interview was with a Portuguese interviewer and he was a common sense and reasonable person. The questions were easy and I answered them well. I passed the interview and received an email the next day to schedule a second interview. The second interview was with an Indian working in Singapore, who sat stiffly to the side the entire time, consistently giving me angry looks and an arrogant demeanor. He asked me questions about working for clients after office hours. I replied that I could work long hours if I got a very competitive salary. He didn't really understand my experience and tech skills, he just wanted someone who would work dumb for long hours without complaining. He was the worst interviewer I have ever experienced.

ADT

Do you consider yourself a strong collaborator with both external and internal customers?

SRC

Questions about experience, past roles/responsibilities, etc. normal things.

Epic

Why did you pick the major you studied? Why Epic? Tell me about yourself.

Apex Systems

Insisted on getting my references

1 Answers

I gave references **** apex used the references for sales calls and never checked reference *** Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16,070 interview questions

See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs

Glassdoor has 16,070 interview questions and reports from Program manager interviews. Prepare for your interview. Get hired. Love your job.