Find jobs for senior tax accountant

Senior tax accountant Interview Questions

Senior Tax Accountant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
HD Supply
Senior Sales Tax Accountant was asked...30 August 2015

They inquired extensively about my sales tax background, including: POS, tax calculation, improvements, research techniques, and personal goals.

1 Answers

Answers were experience driven.

Moss Adams LLP

The run of the mill HR questions. Seemed like they were read off of a list.

1 Answers

Answered with the "I like to work with people, and put a lot of effort into my career to learn and improve my performance." Less

LKQ

Do you have any international tax experience?

1 Answers

Just reiterated what was already presented on my resume

EY

Why did you choose to apply this position?

1 Answers

My job that I do and love

Questions: What is the difference between a C and S-corp, and what was the limit on interested expense deduction, what is the limit on estates? That was it!

1 Answers

They do not follow up with emails.

Dale Matheson Carr-Hill Labonte

Talk about the past experience

1 Answers

Told the truth and gave some detail examples

First Advantage

Why am I showing interest in this position, having been a Tax Manager in my last job

1 Answers

The role offers more in different businesses and will grow.

MetLife

Why do you want to leave public accounting after all your years of experience.

1 Answers

I told them about how the current trend is for small firms to be purchased by much larger national firms as partners get ready to retire. Less

100% Individual tax compliance focused. Technical questions regarding limits, carryovers, credits, Schedule C issues vs pass-through issues, etc.. Unexpected questions were form numbers: what goes on what form---that was a little odd to ask a since I am a little heavy for the position and expected more theory-type questions.

1 Answers

The firm appears very small, no web site, and very much a niche player in the individual tax prep area. Lot's of client hand holding! Less

Safety Services

Are you up to speed on new accounting legislation?

1 Answers

Do you have reservations about this role?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Interview Questions