I have been working at Paddle (Less than a year)
The company has just moved into a new office in Shoreditch, the fridges are always stocked and there's regular free food. To be honest, it's been 0-100 on perks for me.
I have to find a con to working here. But you'll certainly find that you're expected to get stuck-in with anything and everything. There's a lot to do, as with any start-up, and for people who like to get involved it's a fantastic atmosphere.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing in giving people space and resource to do what they're best at.
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paddle.
- met the Paddle team at the Silicon Milk Roundabout hiring event (end of November), gave my CV, quick chat with hiring manager - the Head of Marketing)
- 3 days later: quick chat over the phone with the hiring manager
- 1 day later: a Paddle Talent team member contacted me to organise a face-to-face interview and ran me through the interview process
- 1st week of December: 1-hr long interview with Head of Marketing and Senior Sales Rep; we had a very interesting chat about demand generation, marketing automation and lead scoring; then 20-min chat with 2 team members (Marketing & Operations) to talk in a more informal setting, especially regarding company culture; finally, 15-min chat with Talent team recruiter so that I can ask any remaining question
- 2 days later: feedback on the phone with the hiring manager
- 1 day later: I was sent a task to prepare a presentation in front of the Head of Marketing & CEO
- 3 days later: I gave the presentation during my final interview
- 1 day later (mid-December): received my offer letter, for a start at the beginning of January.
==> To sum it up, the whole process took 3 weeks, and was by far the smoothest, shortest and most efficient hiring process I've ever seen, very professional, with regular follow-up and feedback from the whole team.
All chats and questions were interesting, in-depth and of the right level of complexity.
All the team members were transparent about the company, its mission, its goals but also about where the main challenges would be in the months to come, which made the decision to join Paddle quite easy to make.