2U Reviews

3.8
2U Co-Founder and CEO Chip Paucek
Chip Paucek
Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be tough at times with deadlines(in 34 reviews)

• "Growing pains, a lot of people/hours doing manual processes(in 20 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Career Services

I have been working at 2U full-time

Pros

Company culture is really positive. Leadership has really great intentions of it being a great place to work and follow through on their goals and intentions. Communication from senior leadership is strong. Company as a whole is very value-driven.

Cons

No cons really. It's a very hard working company, they expect the best of its' employees so goals can be high reaching, but company puts high priority on employee wellness.

September 4, 20202U Leadership

We really appreciate the time you've taken to share more about your #Lifeat2U. Despite all the challenges we've experienced as a remote workforce in 2020, your review has given us a great glimpse into how supportive our community has continued to be. We're especially thrilled to hear that the mission-driven work, passionate culture and our team of leaders are having such a positive impact on your experience.

2. "Hr specialist"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun good people good culture

Cons

Lack of upward mobility, lacking in total rewards

3. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Data Analytics Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at 2U part-time for less than a year

Pros

Clear expectations for my role

Cons

I have not experienced anything negative

4. "great"

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant

I worked at 2U part-time

Pros

flexibility and good pay with holiday off

Cons

time consuming and long semester

"Great Place to Work, not yet a tech company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Program Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing leadership, lots of opportunity for growth, and a genuine care for employees. Lots of transparency conversations about current events and leadership are often the one's hearing about employee concerns with things that are not directly within company control (think current political landscape). Company culture has remained strong throughout my time here.

Cons

We're a tech company learning how to do tech, without enough support from our technical teams to deliver what's required. We're great at selling the moon, as proven by our incredible partnership agreements. When relying on internal teams to deliver, it becomes almost impossible given the lack of resources/ tech expertise at the company. Work life balance is hard to achieve given our lack of tech resources. It is a great place to grow, but expect to overpromise and underdeliver or stretch yourself personally to try to get what's needed done. The company isn't without holes and the biggest is our technical support/expertise.

6. "Balanced Life"

Current Employee - Workplace Manager

I have been working at 2U full-time

Pros

2U does a great job of balancing work and life.

Cons

Work is constantly evolving. You have to stay dynamic. I don't it is a con, it just may not be right for everyone.

7. "Company with opportunity"

4.0
    Current Employee - Vice President Creative Services in Cape Town

I have been working at 2U full-time

Pros

A high performance culture; a lot of opportunity for innovation; great environment to hone leadership skills; great HR support and services; not only exciting industry and company to be part of but also meaningful.

Cons

More synergy required between systems; certain roles require extensive onboarding.

January 22, 20212U Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and perspective of a day in the life at 2U. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying the culture, mission-driven work and support!

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Helpdesk Provisioning Coordinator in Lanham, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, great employees, very good management

Cons

Pay is a bit below average

January 18, 20212U Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience, as we strive to provide a transparent and rewarding work environment for all 2Utes. Feedback like yours is critical to us accomplishing mission and we greatly appreciate your review!

9. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at 2U full-time

Pros

Great team and collaboration, supportive top management, option to work remotely

Cons

None I love to work for this company

January 12, 20212U Leadership

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled to hear how supportive and collaborative your #Lifeat2U experience has been so far. Wishing you a strong start to the new year.

10. "Great Company & Great Evolution"

Current Employee - Management in Lanham, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time

Pros

2Utes are hard-working, spirited, driven, and smart. I continue to meet people in all different job functions that impress me even though our work may overlap only every so often, but I walk away feeling emboldened to know that they're in their roles and "giving it their all" in the same way that I do. The work here is always evolving as the company grows, and 2U has really matured as it has moved from startup to public to maturing public company. My boss genuinely cares about me as a person, and they are always there to support me. Same goes for everyone else I've ever asked for help from. People want not just to get the job done, but to get it done correctly.

Cons

I've been around and seen many businesses and places to work. 2U is unique - there really aren't any overall cons other than the day to day challenges that come with any job. Nothing significant enough to call out.

Continue reading

January 12, 20212U Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and experience of #Lifeat2U. Honest employee feedback like yours is important to hear as we continue to evolve our culture and grow our global community. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're experiencing inspiring and passionate relationships with your fellow 2Utes and manager. Your advice to management is greatly appreciated as we are continuously looking for ways to improve and aim to always to incorporate and reflect on feedback no matter the channel from which we receive it. Wishing you a strong and safe start to the new year!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 697 English Reviews