Found 26 of over 33 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- 5.01 Nov 2021Medical TechnologistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Many things to learn, good salaries and incentives, management is strong, experienced and generous -- we got bonus, meals allowances, they newly launched scholarships for staff to go to uni.
It is a very busy place, 24-7
- 1.012 Sept 2023Medical TechnologistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
None existing anymore used to have good staff but was under appreciated by the boss
First of benefits: Annual leave: 7 days (yes 7 days and application for leave will result in an angry boss named Dr Ong who will complain and rant about it to everyone) Medical leave? Don’t even get me started cause Dr Ong ranted about a staff who applied for hospitalisation leave due to a surgery, YES YOU READ IT RIGHT S-U-R-G-E-R-Y! Learning opportunities? Well you learn what NOT to do in the future jobs because my god the amount of unethical things Dr Ong does is mindblowing KPI and performance bonus: when first entering you would be seduced by the mention of KPIs and that if your performance is good you will get a performance bonus, but in reality these are NON EXISTENT it is a lie and when enquires about the components of the kpi or any data on it and how our progress is currently, nothing could be given or mentioned in fact no response was given at all.1
- 1.01 Sept 2022Med TechFormer Employee, more than 1 year
There are no redeeming qualities.
- No work-life balance; might ask you to OT(1:1 time off, no 1.5x OT pay), and will bombard you with endless texting in the numerous group chats. - Expects you to do a lot of other duties completely unrelated to your job description. - Constant stress due to CEO's micro-managing, and unrealistic demands. - No allowance for weekend/PH/shift work(no transport given for when shift ends at 10pm) - Shift rostering is a complete nightmare, no requests will be entertained, even if you have a valid reason. - Will whine about people taking MCs/hospitalisation leave/childcare leave, any sort of leave that you are entitled to. - AL entitlement is not great. - No performance bonus. A bit about Ong Siew Hwa: - Arrogant narcissist who pretends to know things she knows nothing about - Workaholic(and will expect the same of you) - Lying cheat. - Will 100% berate and harass you. - Terrible human being. Bonus: - She makes her staff write 5 star reviews to even out the bad rating. - There's a hole in the wall left by the ex SAFETY officer that still hasn't been repaired. - They used to hide about 50 bottles of Isopropanol and 100% Ethanol in (unplugged) incubators. - Fire warning system STILL isn't in place due to money issues. So. If you're thinking about joining the company, for some reason, don't. It's a sinking ship. XOXO20
- 1.011 Jan 2023Med TechCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
heres the 5-words minimum for this section.
i used to work at acumen and i swore to myself i write a review on glassdoor after i left to dissuade anyone whos even considering working for this company. its been months since i left and i got busy and moved on but im back to fulfill my promise. it sucks so bad. the boss and the culture. so many people have left i think she has like 3 employees left lmao. seriously dont work here. no growth, no learning, no anything.8
- 1.08 Jan 2023Medical TechnologistFormer Employee, less than 1 year
only the pay i guess
if only the boss was not so egoistic, and pushes the blame to all of her employees. If only she owns up to her mistakes and says sorry. Only then will I give a 5 star review. But that will only happen when pigs fly.5
- 1.029 Sept 2022Medical TechnologistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearClementi New Town,
1. There is nothing wrong with the employees of the company. They get work done and form a great bond with one another. 2. Nothing the CEO accuses the employee of is substantial and true. There are no facts, just false accusations without even knowing the true facts. 3. Basically the only Pro is the fellow colleagues that gets us through day to day.
1. The CEO is the biggest CON. There is a difference between being a great leader and a having great management. She is def not a leader. But excellent at getting herself involved in every aspect of an employee’s contribution to the company if it doesn’t sit well with her. A great leader should deal which much more pressing issues like the direction of the company, seizing of new opportunities. She has failed in this, as the company today has no direction to where it is headed. 2. Whenever there is an issue, she always relates it back to money. Money lost. Instead of assessing the issue and comping up with a solution to address the issue, she only blames, has negative remarks. She never deals with the issue of the problem. Why are the employees taking MC, why are they making mistakes? Why are they not preforming. She just enforces her opinion and publicly humiliates them. Never addresses the whys? 3. Taking MC and annual leave is a big problem. For it is money paid for them not doing anything. She will find every way possible to make it about how the company is losing money cause that single person took leave. 4. During the COVID period employees put in their 101% to get all results out. Mistakes were publicly berated for everyone to see. There was no solution to address the mistakes. Just public beratement. Taking MC was portrait as being weak and having it all up in the mind. 5. When it came to rewarding staff for their hard work. They weren’t given any. 6. The Company made millions, but none was shared among any of staff who actually did the ground work. 7. She treats every staff like fashion. When in fashion use them till they dry out. When out of fashion dispose them. There is no place for growth here. Nothing in this company is by choice. It is thrown to you. 8. She talks bad about her employees, by texting other employees and passing negative comments about them, during meetings degrading the staff. Which CEO does that? You are running a company. This is not some popularity contest to win votes. Do you really thing employees feel they are valued here if a CEO stoops this low? 9. Let’s not talk about the actual lab and how it is run. That is a whole other review not to be mentioned here.17
- 1.016 Jun 2021Lab TechnicianFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
I was able to learn many things whilst I was employed
This is undoubtedly one of the worst place I've worked at. I started working at acumen a few months ago and in that time have seen many things that are completely unprofessional. For instance during the surge of work, staff are only given 5-10 mins before having to return back to work, staff are expected to reply to group messages instantly even if they are on their off day and expected to return to work instantly on their off day Ong Siew Hwa has made time and time again empty promises to the staff. Ong Siew Hwa is a liar and will go against her word if it benefits her. Staff are mistreated and are getting blamed and scolded constantly. Staff are also expected to work and ungodly number of overtime hours. Understand that this is work however a line should be drawn. Staff are humans and require rest as well and cannot be constantly on call. I was not notified that this would be the case when I had applied. THERE IS ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE AT ACUMEN. Ong Siew Hwa refuses to admit mistakes and to take feedback from her staff and believes she is the best there is. Ong Siew Hwa put this company has her number 1 priority which is not wrong but she doesn't understand that not everyone feels the same and she cannot expect everyone to feel the same and if one decides to work in their stipulated hours there is nothing wrong with that. However that is not the case here. There is not even a HR manager in this company. How can?18
- 1.017 Nov 2022Senior Medical TechnologistFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The nearby restaurant have some nice food and drinks
Horrible , boss ( Ong ) like to accuse + blame.6
Acumen Diagnostic Reviews FAQs
Acumen Diagnostic has an overall rating of 1.8 out of 5, based on over 33 reviews left anonymously by employees. 17% of employees would recommend working at Acumen Diagnostic to a friend and 19% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.
17% of Acumen Diagnostic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Acumen Diagnostic 1.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 1.8 for culture and values and 2.1 for career opportunities.