AlphaLab Capital Reviews

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

4.5
AlphaLab Capital Founder and CEO John Gu
John Gu

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very good place for growth

Sep 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Full of smart people - Challenging work - Everyone is friendly and helpful - Pay (especially bonus) is competitive with other bigger HFT

Cons

- Sometimes work is stressful - few company-wide hangout event

2. 3.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Fast Growing

Dec 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

- fast growing - interesting work - competitive pay

Cons

- messy code base and sdlc - high turn over

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fast-paced and growing

Aug 29, 2021 - Project Manager in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot bout HFT and crypto Opportunity to tackle projects that you want to work on Quick decision making Direct access to CEO and COO

Cons

Not a lot of structure around process or planning Lots of employees work around the clock, which can make it feel like there isn’t work/life balance

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Definitely recommend

Aug 7, 2021 - Software Engineer(Internship)
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Smart, supportive mentors and colleagues - Great environment to learn and grow - Workplace culture is very good, benefits are nice - Nature of work is oftentimes cutting-edge, and interns can create lasting impact

Cons

Very few cons overall, the company regularly engaged with us interns towards shaping a relevant and enjoyable experience

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to learn and work

Sep 3, 2020 - Software Engineer in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive workplace where you get to learn from smart people - Flexible working environment and schedule - Fast paced development so you will never get bored with repetitive work - Great compensation and benefits

Cons

- Have to manage work well to avoid stress

1 person found this review helpful

Chief of Staff

Thank you for writing this review and we are glad that you are enjoying the work environment at AlphaLab Capital.

6. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Enriching and rewarding place to work!

Aug 7, 2020 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone on the team is very friendly and willing to teach on the skills required - Great company culture where everyone can freely discuss and share opinions - Fulfilling work as your tasks will have a visible and immediate impact on the system

Cons

None, had a great internship

Chief of Staff

Thanks for writing this positive review and we are glad that you had an enjoyable experience working with us. We strive to continue making sure that we have the best working culture and also fulfilling work for our team members. Thank you for all your effort and hard work.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

talented co-workers, but no work-life balance

Dec 24, 2019 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and skilled people I have seen. Because it is a small company, you won't have to deal with any bureaucracy. The company seemed to be on a nice growth trajectory.

Cons

There is little work-life balance. In my own case, even though there were excellent learning opportunities, I decided that they were not worth the amount of stress involved.

Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I'm really glad to hear you thought so highly of your co-workers and the learning opportunities. It's important to me to hire smart people and give them a place to grow and learn, and that's something we work hard at. When it comes to work-life balance, I agree we have some room to improve and we're actively looking to expand the team so as to reduce each individual's workload, as well as put more automation into place. Thanks again.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exciting place to join

Aug 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I chose to join AlphaLab Capital for the opportunity to work with top talents in a domain with exciting problems. There's plenty of learning, and challenging new experiences. At this company, you'll get constructive feedback for your work and ideas which help you to think more critically. It's a hard working, friendly culture where nobody holds back from offering their help and knowledge.

Cons

Need to be able to handle pressure. Not a place to join if you want to relax.

Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Glad to hear you find the work challenging and interesting! I really appreciate everything you do and plan to work hard to make AlphaLab Capital the best place possible to work and build a career. - John (CEO)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Fast-Growing Firm, Great Place to Learn

Jul 18, 2019 - Operations in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very entrepreneurial environment, you're given many opportunities to take initiative and run with things. Definitely not boxed in. A great place to learn and develop your skills.

Cons

Fast-paced, intense. Normal for the industry but not for everyone.

Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. As you said, we strive to be a place where each individual can take initiative and develop their skills. Thanks for everything you do at AlphaLab Capital.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews