Found 16 of over 16 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Everyone is friendly and helpful" (in 3 reviews)
- 1.018 May 2023Associate Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
+ You get to work with most if not all components of trading, which is quite rare and a good learning opportunity + Friendly colleagues + Catered lunch daily
- They are not interested in your career progression or growth at all, you might be enticed by the starting pay but consider if you're willing to stick to it for the next few years - Micro management - Unrealistic expectations of quality vs timelines (you'll frequently hear things like "you should just need a few hours for that")5AlphaLab Capital Response7mo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. We value your input and would like to address the concerns you raised in your review. Firstly, we understand that career progression is an essential aspect for employees. We apologize if you feel there are limited advancement opportunities within our organization. We encourage open communication with your manager or HR department to discuss your career goals and explore potential growth paths that align with your aspirations. Our company is committed to supporting the professional development of our employees, and we are always looking for ways to provide meaningful growth opportunities. Regarding your mention of micromanagement and unrealistic expectations, we take these concerns seriously. We work in an industry that requires fast feedback loops and want to balance time-to-market versus building sustainable solutions. Our goal is to provide clear guidance and expectations to our employees while allowing for autonomy and creativity. Regarding your comment about handling inflation and compensation, we understand the importance of fair and competitive remuneration. We regularly review our salary structures and benchmark them against industry standards to remain competitive. We value our existing employees and are committed to recognizing their contributions and providing fair compensation. We want to learn more about your specific experience and address any additional concerns you may have. Please get in touch with us directly, either through HR or your manager, to schedule a conversation. Thank you again for your feedback, as it helps us identify areas for improvement.
- 5.016 Nov 2022Head of CommunicationsCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
- Access to the CEO and leadership, who actually listens and considers your thoughts - Everyone is really brilliant, and very specifically good at what they have been employed to do - Good work life balance and flexibility for work hours and WFH/office - Collaborative with good communication
- Great for self-starters who are okay with changing conditions and directions, probably not great for those who need a lot of structure - on the conservative side of crypto funds, which might be good in this atmosphere1
- 5.07 Sept 2022Software Engineer(Internship)Former Intern, less than 1 year
1. Very good work-life balance 2. Very supportive working environment, a lot of collaborative works
1. Lack of RnD team when I was there2
- 5.08 Sept 2022Software EngineerFormer Intern
Good benefits and salary Working style is flexible As a start-up, working culture is dynamic
In some aspects, structure/process is not well defined.
- 4.029 Aug 2021Project ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
Learned a lot bout HFT and crypto Opportunity to tackle projects that you want to work on Quick decision making Direct access to CEO and COO
Not a lot of structure around process or planning Lots of employees work around the clock, which can make it feel like there isn’t work/life balance1AlphaLab Capital Response2y
We try to stay agile, but are working on better structure, especially for entry level employees!
- 5.011 Sept 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Full of smart people - Challenging work - Everyone is friendly and helpful - Pay (especially bonus) is competitive with other bigger HFT
- Sometimes work is stressful - few company-wide hangout event1AlphaLab Capital Response2y
We hear you on more company hangouts, we'll definitely organise more!
- 5.07 Aug 2021Software Engineer(Internship)Former Intern, less than 1 year
- Smart, supportive mentors and colleagues - Great environment to learn and grow - Workplace culture is very good, benefits are nice - Nature of work is oftentimes cutting-edge, and interns can create lasting impact
Very few cons overall, the company regularly engaged with us interns towards shaping a relevant and enjoyable experience
- 5.027 Aug 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
I chose to join AlphaLab Capital for the opportunity to work with top talents in a domain with exciting problems. There's plenty of learning, and challenging new experiences. At this company, you'll get constructive feedback for your work and ideas which help you to think more critically. It's a hard working, friendly culture where nobody holds back from offering their help and knowledge.
Need to be able to handle pressure. Not a place to join if you want to relax.1AlphaLab Capital Response4y
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Glad to hear you find the work challenging and interesting! I really appreciate everything you do and plan to work hard to make AlphaLab Capital the best place possible to work and build a career. - John (CEO)
AlphaLab Capital Reviews FAQs
AlphaLab Capital has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 16 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at AlphaLab Capital to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
75% of AlphaLab Capital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AlphaLab Capital 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.