Aspire Lifestyles Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2022

Found 330 of over 344 reviews

3.4
Aspire Lifestyles CEO  Martin Conneen (no image)
Martin Conneen
Pros
  • "work from home and training is free(in 52 reviews)

• "Great benefits and compensation(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management seems to get off on patronization(in 13 reviews)

• "Back-to-back calls can affect impact your metrics(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Lifestyle Concierge - Singapore

Aug 14, 2021 - Concierge
      Business Outlook

Pros

1.) Steep learning curve, and a real opportunity to develop confidence and skills that you can take with you to any other role. 2.) I have met some of the best people at Aspire, who have since become close friends.

Cons

1.) Skills learned have more to do with personal growth than professional growth. So if you don't want to stay in lifestyle management, 2 years in this role is more than enough. 2.) Like all companies, there were a mix of good and bad supervisors. For now, they seem to have weeded out the bad ones. One bully supervisor was muted, and another bully supervisor left for the same role at a much smaller company. 3.) I am a Singaporean and I am very saddened to see people in the Singapore office complain about foreigners at Aspire Lifestyles. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with all my foreign colleagues. Part of our strength is our diversity and the pandemic has made it so that we lost a lot of good people. We still work with colleagues from various backgrounds across the globe, and there is no place for xenophobia here or anywhere else. While reviews are anonymous, I imagine that most of the xenophobic comments have been made by individuals who find it easier to blame foreigners rather than their own poor life choices and quality of work.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

You’re always alone

Mar 22, 2022 - Lifestyle Concierge
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have faith in your skills. Very quickly.

Cons

They will not complete your training then they will leave you alone to manage the calls. Attrition is so high because they don’t know how to retain their talent. They just keep hiring new ones which compromises the quality of service provided. The new people they hire aren’t even in the same field. They hired a manicurist, a cashier at MOM and a delivery driver who cannot take the workload because they are not skilled in this field. Then they resign. It’s a vicious cycle.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Competitive Pay. Work definitely challenges you for growth

Jan 11, 2022 - Lifestyle Concierge in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Pay. Allowances available. One can definitely learn lots from the company, just need to keep an open mind. Team members try their best to help one another. Leaders do their best to help, even though it not visible to all.

Cons

Work sometimes take a toll on you, mentally. Individually have to be strong. Number of staff on floor may affect workload due to the number of cases to be handled. Efficiency is a priority but it does get challenging to meet what is expected.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company Review

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and flexible hours to a good extent.

Cons

Poor medical and well being benefits. Bleak scope for professional development and training. No clear path for career progression.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Job

Sep 23, 2021 - Lifestyle Concierge
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn many new things and nice working place

Cons

Can be quite overwhelming and must work fast

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Former Employees bent on promoting hatred

Aug 23, 2021 - Travel and Lifestyle Concierge in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good medical coverage Competitive Pay Bonuses despite current COVID situation

Cons

Lack of clear direction on possible career developments from concierge position. Managers and concierges often have differing thoughts on how to work together. Seniors who disrespect authority and thinks they are better. However, not realising they are the reason there are unhappiness breeding on the floor. Petty and bitter when other people were promoted. Lacking self-awareness on terrible attitude and mentorship or leadership skills. Seniors often speak ill of management and tend to ‘herd’ supporters. Management too soft of toxic individuals. Allowing them to start an internal coup and external one. Ex employees herding up people who left to speak about the company, and well…to write negative feedback to bring the company down and attack some individuals. I was happy working in one program but hated my life when I was changed to another. The seniors in the other programs are the worst, expecting us to learn asap and refuse to give direction. More involved in trying to go against the managers. Worst thing is, there are toxic people who speak to new concierges and frightened them of what is to come. Creating animosity and basically not allowing help to come to their ‘so called’ friends who needs the job. Things are hard, work is bad due to lack of manpower but life was worst because of vindictive and toxic individuals who are st