BAE Systems USA Reviews

Found 2,536 of over 2,880 reviews

3.8
BAE Systems USA President and CEO Tom Arseneault
Tom Arseneault
Pros
  • "Work life balance and teamwork(in 129 reviews)

• "9/80 work week is key for work life balance(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The disconnect from upper management from middle management is difficult to work with(in 72 reviews)

• "Large company can be very difficult to navigate unless you have the right sponsorship(in 49 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Great work environment with many options for both career and personal growth

Dec 12, 2020 - Director of Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging and meaningful work. Great environment. Company that cares about both personal well-being and career growth.

Cons

Larger process driven organization which results in changes taking longer to make the way through the full organization

10 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

BAE Systems

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment, Good wages, good Holidays

Cons

None I can think of

3. 5.0

Decent

Nov 16, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work Tons of learning resources

Cons

Not competitive benefits Funding issues for programa

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Competitive pay, competent senior leadership, and a solid company mission (“protecting those who protect us”)

Nov 15, 2021 - Program Manager in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Access to senior leadership, interesting technology and programs, and flexible schedules

Cons

Highly dependent on USG defense budgeting cycles.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Decent Job with Phenomenal Work-Life Balance

Nov 12, 2021 - Process Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

For a brief summary - This is a decent job and I am happy working here. I highly recommend it if a healthy work-life balance & less stressful work environment is important to you. If you're looking to aggressively advance your career or pursue a top-income job then there may be greater opportunities with the tech communities in Austin. Work-Life Balance: 5/5 The work-life balance here is unprecedented in my career. 9/80 work schedules are standard among salaried staff (9 hour work days with every other Friday off). On top of this, the company has a 90 hour bi-weekly cap. In other words, salaried staff cannot work >90 hours over a 2-week period without manager approval. And if your manager does ask you to work >90 hours, BAE pays you a hourly OT for every additional hour worked. On top of this, you're allowed to flex your time as well! You can typically start your workday anytime between 6am-8am. A chunk of the salaried staff here is allowed to work remotely. Benefits: 4/5 The 401K match is great. The PTO is fantastic, I literally have more time off than I know what to do with. Plus, they give you your first 6 months of PTO from the day you start. The medical/dental benefits are decent, about industry average. Pay: 3/5 This one is variable & hard to gauge. I intentionally took a $4K paycut from my last job to come here. Meanwhile, I have numerous colleagues 5-10 years out of school making 6-figures. The merit increases (2.5% or so) do not keep up with the raising CoL in Austin. This is a well known issue that has been raised to corporate. Opportunity: 4/5 There are A LOT of different positions here in the engineering umbrella. Plenty of space to laterally move into different roles. There are two positions to move up. You can become a subject matter expert over a given process and move as far as a 'Senior Principal II' engineer. Otherwise, if you choose to stick with the company, management is another route for advancement. Daily Work-Life/Stress: 4/5 Fairly standard here, some days are very relaxed. There will be that nonstop day every month or 2 with urgent needs & deadlines. Management is fairly understanding, I've had cases where we've had an issue bringing production to a halt & after a chunk of the day addressing it, our engineering director said screw it around 5:30 and told us to go home & not worry about it until tomorrow. There is always work available to do here, so just pace yourself to be productive while knowing your limits. Job security is not a major issue here.

Cons

My summary in 'Pros' captures my overall feelings about the company as an engineer. A more generous payscale to keep up with the high cost of living in Austin is desirable. Other than that, I do wish the site was a little more social, I do interact with my colleagues, but a chunk of the workday is fairly secluded at our desk.

Continue reading
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

Nov 25, 2021 - Assembler
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay wand benefits were good.

Cons

Change shifts without much notice

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Steady work

Nov 9, 2021 - Senior Principal Systems Engineer I in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work once you find the right project.

Cons

Managers sometimes will make you find your own tasking if none exists.

8. 3.0

Revolving Door

Nov 17, 2021 - Sys Eng I in Mount Laurel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great first job as a stepping stone

Cons

No room for growth, but work is easy.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

BAE Systems SDSR

Nov 15, 2021 - Contracts Administrator in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k, Schedule, flexibility, upward mobility.

Cons

Culture, environment, medical coverage, executive leadership, compensation.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

White old men culture

Nov 15, 2021 - Supplier Quality Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

9/80 schedule is nice. Every other Friday off.

Cons

They do not promote women or people of color. Upper management it made up of white old men. Old school attitude.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,536 Reviews