Found 2,706 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits (immediately vesting 401k with 100% company match up to 10% salary) and WLB" (in 2562 reviews)
- "This is especially true if you're a good listener and pay attention to what they have to share." (in 884 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and lot of oppurtunities to explore" (in 878 reviews)
- "There are a lot of great people that are very down to earth that I enjoyed working with." (in 724 reviews)
- "Good salary and plenty of OT opportunities" (in 319 reviews)
- "Poor management and very bureaucratic." (in 671 reviews)
- "Don't worry if you get a good or bad manager because it will change in time." (in 406 reviews)
- "Periodic and frequent layoffs during first 7" (in 377 reviews)
- "Management promote a toxic culture within the production team in particular." (in 263 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and lack of accountability at a high and medium levels of management." (in 207 reviews)
Reviews about "large company"Return to all Reviews
- 2.017 Nov 2023Software Engineer IICurrent EmployeeTitusville, FL
Great benefits (immediately vesting 401k with 100% company match up to 10% salary) and WLB
Really poor management and organization
- 3.02 Nov 2010EngineerCurrent Employee
- amazing work/life balance - great friendly people and work environment. Everyone is really nice and there is no back stabbing like you hear about in other companies. - their further education program is absolutely AMAZING! They cover all course study related to engineering and sciences. this makes Boeing worth it!
- no incentive to become a manager. they get shafted. all benefits are lost. - doesn't matter how you perform, you don't necessarily compensated for a job well done. - there is dead weight in the company that are immune to layoffs while people that are great workers end up with the pink slip because they are new. Not really fair system.
- 3.04 Oct 2008Advanced Computing TechnologistCurrent EmployeeSeattle, WA
Great benefits: pension + 401k + medical/dental/vision health care at low costs. Great Learning Together Program (LTP) which will help get you advanced degrees. A lot of variety of positions available at various geographical locations. Good work/life balance as compared to other technology companies. The products that Boeing produces are vast, complex, and sometimes awe-inspiring. No where else will you get to work on satellites, space shuttle, missile defense systems, leading edge military weapons, and commercial airplanes. Some people are very bright, but some aren't. Such is the case with all large companies.
Average salaries, lower growth opportunities. International opportunities within the company are very hard to get and are normally reserved for executive level positions.1
- 1.021 Jan 2016Business and Planning AnalystFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsRichardson, TX
The Boeing Company has good benefits and at the time I left was flexible by allowing limited virtual work.
Employees are only treated as a number and not as valued contributors to the company's success.
- 4.04 Feb 2021Systems Design and Integration SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCharleston, SC
Telecommute, pay, benefits, & growth opportunity
The company is struggling due to the pandemic on top of 737 issues and lay offs are inevitable.
- 3.014 Jun 2016Versatile TechnologistCurrent EmployeeHerndon, VA
The company has a very good continued education program and has paid for secondary degrees for within my field
The company and region isn't as diverse as other companies and at an enterprise level they could do more to support diversity in management
- 4.028 Apr 2021Systems EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEverett, WA
Easy going office, great pay & benefits for a non-tech job in the Seattle area. With the right manager Boeing is an awesome place to work with great products.
Company is extremely process driven and engineers are not always empowered to make decisions depending on the group.
- 2.023 Apr 2021Senior Electrical TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Stable paycheck Dental Insurance Health Insurance Low expectations (if that's a pro for you)
Bad work-life balance Low sense of achievement Bad scope and focus in company (shareholder and public view comes before delivering quality products or innovation)
- 4.011 Aug 2023Structural Analysis Engineer IICurrent EmployeeLong Beach, CA
Good benefits program and work life balance
Working from home options can be limited and pay is relatively lower than other aero/defense companies