Cover image for Bread Financial

Found 1,087 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Bread Financial President and CEO Ralph Andretta
Ralph Andretta
Pros
  • "Great work life balance overall(in 69 reviews)

• "Adequate resources for work from home(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work life balance was the problem(in 31 reviews)

• "less physical separation of upper management from general employees - be comfortable in the contact with all employees no matter who(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Amazing Culture that Keeps Impressing

24 Mar 2022 - Individual Contributor in Marysville, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in a professional working environment for 10 years and this is the first employer who really "sees me." The company helps me achieve what's important to me, counts on me to provide my expertise, both listens and makes me feel heard, includes me in company strategy, and cares enough to recognize successes (big and small) along the way. This sound a little weird... but I'm often shocked at how kind and approachable my colleagues are here, across all teams. Time and distance don't seem to matter -- everyone here is ready to hop on an MS Teams call to talk, explain, or show you how to do something. I'm very grateful to find a place where I feel I can be the professional I've been preparing to be for 10 years. I have arrived!!

Cons

My only con to share would be that there are some opportunities in the delivery of IT Hardware and equipment. I needed some extra support in setting everything up and the Help Desk came through... a little extra directions could have been helpful. The Help Desk team has been great about getting me everything I need -- from a conference call "puck", a fancy webcam, dual monitors, etc.

11 people found this review helpful

Bread Financial Response

Aww we're blushing - thanks for the candid review of your experience since joining Bread Financial! Our people are our greatest asset so we are thrilled you're feeling like it is a mutual fit here!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best employer hands down!

22 Nov 2022 - Associate Talent Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bread Financial has a great way of providing for its employees! Amazing benefits like day1 medical/dental/vision coverage, PTO, 11 paid holidays, paid sick leave, fitness reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, free financial advising and much more! BRG's for all! Quality training programs for every position and internal growth opportunities to help foster longevity and personal success!

Cons

Remote opportunities sometimes lead to tech challenges

Bread Financial Response

Thanks for the raving review and summary of some of the things you think makes us a great employer! We totally agree! Having Day 1 health coverage is critical to so many of our new associates and we're excited to have added 3 new holidays to our calendar this year! Hopefully the opportunity to work remotely outweighs the occasional tech challenge that happens when IT isn't right there to help. Fortunately, we have many ways to assist when you do run into trouble - phone, chat, ticket, email, or even onsite support. For those who don't know what BRG stands for -- it is Business Resource Group which are strategic business platforms that foster an inclusive environment to achieve superior business results. They are made up of associates who not only advance the business, but also enhance the professional and cultural experience of its members. Here are some of the active groups: Black Leadership Associate Connection, Asian Alliance, Family Matters, Hispanic/LatinX, BreadAbilities, PRIDE, Veterans, and Women Connect.

3. Join the Bread Financial team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing benefits

22 Nov 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great upward mobility for growth

Cons

None average in cons here

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

21 Nov 2022 - Customer Service Associate in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a job it’s customer service

Cons

Nothing it’s a great company

Bread Financial Response

We're so glad to hear you've joined us this year and that you enjoy working in customer service -- it certainly isn't for the faint of heart. Thank you for taking care of our customers every day! Customer service professionals have many choices in where they choose to bring their talent, so we're glad you've joined Bread Financial and are a part of our team!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Benefits

20 Nov 2022 - Collections Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, decent comp, flexibility

Cons

Lack of upward mobility, lack of autonomy with employees, limited upside with pay

Bread Financial Response

We agree that we offer a pretty comprehensive and robust benefit package that goes far beyond the expected "medical, dental, and vision coverage." We have a very comprehensive "Living Well" program that promotes well-being from all aspects -- physical, mental, emotional, financial, etc. We offer education, support, involvement, and financial benefits to make sure our associates feel supported in all the ways that are meaningful to them when they work for Bread Financial. We do invest heavily in our internal mobility programs including an apprentice program, stretch roles, and gig opportunities to allow associates to gain exposure to different areas and new roles. You can carve out your own path for career progression at your own pace, from wherever you are within the company!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

16 Nov 2022 - Data Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Culture. Lot of learning opportunities. Good Benefits.

Cons

I don't see any at the moment.

Bread Financial Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we're glad to hear you share that you're happy with the culture of the work and the culture of learning we foster here at Bread Financial. Surely there's always room for improvement, but we're thrilled that you're happy with our benefit offerings and that you're enjoying your employment with us!! For more information on any topic you're curious about, feel free to go to Inview to learn more.

8. 5.0

Great place

10 Nov 2022 - Customer Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work and ppl

Cons

No cons great attitude with employees

Bread Financial Response

Thanks for the short and sweet review! It sure is great to hear that you like your job, your coworkers, the culture, and the work itself! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

9. 4.0

Remote work

10 Nov 2022 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home opportunities and supplies equipment!

Cons

Hiring process took over a month

Bread Financial Response

Working from home is a great perk and having the technology to effectively do this critical for success!! We try to ensure that every new hire gets everything they need to be successful from a technology perspective from their first day. Depending on when you apply, when our next new hire date is, and how long your background check takes for completion can impact how long it takes to get to your first day. We try to be flexible and make it happen as quickly as possible for new associates who are ready to get started, while also giving people who need time to put in and work out their two week notice (we absolutely support the professional courtesy!) time to do so. We're glad to hear you're liking it so far!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

decent job

19 Nov 2022 - New Accounts Specialist in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good, offer pto and all health benefits when full time

Cons

The calls come in heavy and supervisors don't care if you're struggling mentally

1 person found this review helpful

Bread Financial Response

We do have a robust PTO program and 11 paid holidays annually! Glad to hear you felt the pay was good and that you enjoyed the health benefits. Of course, health just isn't "medical" anymore -- we care about supporting our associate's health AND their well-being, which includes physical, mental, emotional, and financial health. We offer lots of programs for support in the form of therapy, podcasts, wellness challenges, healthy lifestyle reimbursements, fitness classes, nutrition education, domestic wellness. tobacco cessation, support for new parents, stress management and much more. We want our associates to be "well" at work and support them in their self-care efforts and goals.

11. 4.0

Work review

6 Nov 2022 - Operations Lead in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth and development, benefits, pay

Cons

Schedule with working weekends, little flexibility

Bread Financial Response

Hi there - thanks for the review! We're glad to see that growth and development are as important to you as they are to us. It's great to see that you find the benefits and compensation to be Pros of working at Bread Financial! We think we offer a pretty amazing suite of benefits. Working weekends will never be totally ideal, right? We realize that in our business of customer service, we have to be available when our customers need us, which includes the weekends. Thank you for providing that very necessary support!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,087 Reviews
    </>Embed

Bread Financial Reviews FAQs

Bread Financial has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Bread Financial to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bread Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bread Financial. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

68% of Bread Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bread Financial 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Bread Financial Job Seekers