Cover image for Bread Financial

Bread Financial

Engaged Employer

Bread Financial

Add a Review

Bread Financial Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 10 Feb 2021

Found 14 of over 1K reviews

3.8
Bread Financial President and CEO Ralph Andretta
Ralph Andretta
Pros
  • "Great work life balance overall(in 69 reviews)

• "Adequate resources for work from home(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work life balance was the problem(in 31 reviews)

• "less physical separation of upper management from general employees - be comfortable in the contact with all employees no matter who(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

review

10 Feb 2021 - Auditor in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

diversity, ethics, community involvement, benefits

Mgr, Corp Affairs

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our community involvement and benefits. We'll take your additional feedback into consideration as we continue to grow.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sucks

7 Jul 2020 - Accounts Payable in West Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits better than many

Cons

Too much upper management not enough hands on workers

Sr. Coordinator, Public Affairs

We are constantly striving to improve and appreciate this feedback.

3. Join the Bread Financial team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0

Great team

27 Mar 2020 - New Business Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the team I worked with

Cons

Poor decisions from upper management lead to several lay offs

Sr. Coordinator, Public Affairs

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review!

5. 3.0

Deteriorating Culture

7 Apr 2020 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clearly articulate future vision to employees through all communication channels

Cons

Lack strategic framework to bring vision to life; lean on the back of the customer to generate income that is easily handed to the client or the BOD/Upper Management

Sr. Coordinator, Public Affairs

Thank you for this review. We’re taking this feedback seriously, and are constantly striving to improve the associate experience.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Ads credit management

7 Jan 2020 - Senior Credit Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Took pride in job ownership

Cons

Poor decisions by upper management

Sr. Coordinator, Public Affairs

We take these reviews seriously, and appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Thank you.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Supervisors and upper management dont care

21 Dec 2017 - CoBrand Resolution Specialist in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and some what good pay....the reason most reps stay and the life long friends you make its like a family but supervisors and upper management most times wont talk to you. They cant even be bothered to say hello in the halls.

Cons

To finish my previous statement supervisors and upper management needs to humble themselves.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unstable and reactive

20 Sep 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are super dedicated, loyal and hard working. Upper management tries to instill team-collaborate culture with a balanced rewards/recognition. Company offers many individualized product offerings for the industry.

Cons

Too many layers of upper management with focus on ego and status. Too many directors and not enough indians. On surface, culture sounds great but really is just smoke and mirrors. They say they want change but does not embrace new insight or change because the people there don't change.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee

ADS website : "You might not know our name", wanna to reason?

15 Oct 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Inside Car Parking - Will get your salary on time :-) - 3 weeks vacation but you would able to use it :-)

Cons

When I joined Alliance Data, I have gone through their web site and read lots of good things, so, even though I had 3 offers, I joined ADS, After first few days, I was realizing ADS real face. But, initially, I was thinking it is my misunderstanding. So, I concentrated on my work and worked really hard, day-night, to make this project successful. Some months, I worked 15 hours per day and finally completed a multi million dollar project as per design and requirements. I got loooots of 'thank you' points from my co- worker, manager and also directors. But during project, sometime I was feeling, someone from upper management don't want this project to go on time. But really couldn't connect, why would someone wouldn't want a project to complete. Really meant no sense to me. Finally one day upper management called our group in a room and let everyone go. A fortune 500 company showed their real face with dirty office politics. VP was afraid, he would be replaced by director if this project would go correctly. He started blaming for issues, that he had approved during early stage of the project. And finally, he cleared everybody :-) Not only that, now he recruited such a person, so that he never fell threatened. Who cares since all losses would go to share holders.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Customer Care Supervisor

12 Jun 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Money is better than most call centers

Cons

upper management is a joke

1 person found this review helpful
    11. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Until site leadership is replaced, no outside the box thinking or change will happen

29 Mar 2015 - Customer Care Supervisor in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, pays well above average in the industry

Cons

The systems and practices are well behind the times. Very little to no system integration, follow up or forward thinking. The middle management is treated like front line employees with a very strong 'Do what I say, not what I do'. They do not develop middle management unless you are a favorite by upper management. Questioning or suggestions to anything other than what is being handed down will result in segregation and not being on the "favorite" list.

4 people found this review helpful