Find jobs for Sales Representative

Updated 22 May 2020

3.5
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

"Working at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be pushed to your limits. It is a great place to enhance your sales skills. The culture is very cut-throat and do-or-die.  If you are not a go-getter or don't have experience/confidence in sales, you won't last. If you have very high morals, you won't last long either. In fact everyone from my hiring class quit pretty fast. Even though they were highly experienced sales people, some quit because they couldn't handle the pressure. Others quit because they felt what the company does is immoral.  It is a great opportunity to make money for a select few that stick around. The targeted customers are mostly people with low credit scores. People who have had bankruptcies, proposals etc. The company reaches out to these people like they are trying to help them. To help them get a car in their driveway and to help them build up their credit score if customer keeps up with their payments. The company then charges these people very high interest rates. Straddling these already in-debt people with even more crippling debt with sky-high bi-weekly payments. The vehicles are all used and already significantly depreciated in value. The vehicles are delivered directly to the customers address, which is pretty cool. But often times the cars have numerous issues that the customer then has to deal with. I have friends who have gotten vehicles financed through Canada Drives and they've definitely had their fair share of ordeals dealing with the cars the got and the issues that followed.

Cons

You will be talked down to like a misbehaving child if you are having a slow couple days or perceived as under performing. The company only promotes people for management positions who display consistently alarming signs of psychopathic behavior. Not too surprising that any senior employees came off as harsh bullies, as if they're just waiting for you to fall off. Management at the CEO level is frantic and unorganized. The CEO's own "status" on the company messaging platform is something like "I'm trying to figure this out everyday." Management style is often careless and ruthless. An employee's mental health is of no concern. You'll constantly be told that the numbers is all that matters. With the Covid crisis, we were all suddenly either laid off or told to work from home. This was followed up with the CEO having a public freak out on zoom calls with different departments, cussing us out and threatening to shut down this or that department. Followed by more co-workers quitting and more lay-offs as the company shrinks under the pressure of this economic down turn. Of course all staff are instructed to beat the same drum that the company will come out stronger than ever once this is all over. Little things were off like I'm pretty sure I was lied to about the hours I'd be working during the interview. Very strange looking back. In the end you will be chewed up and spit out.

Canada Drives2020-05-23

"Potential for money, high turnover"

2.0

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great training even for people who do not have experience in sales. - You'll be very knowledgeable on credit after training - Several team events and outings - Great opportunity to meet people

Cons

- Long hours (10 hrs minimum) - Low Pay for the amount of hours worked - Zero Job security - Talked down to like kids if underperforing

Canada Drives2020-02-28
  3. "Great place to become an amazing SALESPERSON!"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management helps you get better at your job. You can make money really quick. I went from earning $15 an hour to 11,250 a month consistently in 3 months. Super friendly work environment... I made a lot of friends during my time at CD.. Constant group training in the morning... my managers were always coaching me on the sales floor.. sometimes two at once sometimes even my colleagues would jump on my calls and save my deals for me! Super fast pace.

Cons

Sometimes training is at 7:30 am... Since it's fast pace daily targets can be quite high.

Canada Drives2020-01-14

"Overworked and poor culture"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

People you work with are great and they are the reason you stay there. Managers train you to be very good at your job. Potential to make good money

Cons

Often times not treated well by management and ethics of selling come into question. Hard to even take a sick day or get time off. Poor worklife balance

Canada Drives2019-12-04

"High Pressure Sales"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Commissions, Fun Co-Workers, Busy

Cons

Management, Customer Base, High-Pressure for the pay, Long work hours for the pay, Difficult management communication

Canada Drives2019-05-12
  6. "A place that only rewards those that work hard put time in. Personal Loans department."

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Breakfast is varied alot and free lunch as well. - An environment that will accept you as you are and help you only if you show that you want make money. -They don't sweat the little stuff that doesn't affect your work. If you can sit down and put in time the rewards are easy to see. - The management will always give in as much effort to help you as you put in. They trust you and will go to the bat for you. -The money is ridiculously easy to get and the benefits are instant even before you first 3 months. -The first month or 2 is harder to get in to the flow especially if you don't come in with extra time -If you come in early or on a Saturday once in a while you will get the better leads and you will get help you just need to ask for it.If you don't ask or show you have interest you will get nothing. - Its not a struneus job you sit in a seat and talk to people that's it. -The health benefits are insanely good - You get to choose when you want to eat. As long as you hit call time you can take your time if you want but most people will choose to make money because as long as you stay on the dialer you will help out people and you will be able to make good money. -You get to help people get loans to better their lives because most of the customers are people that need a loan and no one will trust them enough to give a loan. We help out people that need loans and help out those that don't even understand how badly they need the loan to help their credit. -We help those have only been relying on the Money mart loans that have 600% interest and are stuck in a cycle of debt. The loans we give them are a way to get out of that cycle and have much better interest rates. - Extremely fast growth and the opportunity to move up is everywhere and can easily be attained even within the first 3 months. - You will not get fired unless you stop caring and you start being rude. If people like you and you produce results or even if you show that you have any effort being put in they will not let you go and the management will be there for you so you can learn. -Free monthly buss passes and Free monthly team bonding where its at times normal to eat more at places that you would never normally eat at expensive places.

Cons

- Long hours but that's apart of the job. They tell you in the interview this ain't a job you get into if you want to have all the time in the world. - Sometimes you will be extremely busy to the point you might miss lunch but that is your choice, no one will force you that will be something you choose without realizing it because you want to make good money. - Most people understand that when you come in you choose which department you want to go to in Canada Drives, The personal loans department where you will not have any real work life/ balance but make a lot of money or the other loan department that you have a Work /life balance and the money is not as much. - You will develop this urge where you feel like if you are not in the office than someone else is going to steal your file or that you could be doing something more productive by being in the office on the dialer. It will consume you at times if you don't learn to separate that urge and fear

Canada Drives2019-02-08

"Sales"

1.0

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you’re good you can make money

Cons

Abusive management, everyone hooks up with each other, you aren’t allowed to have a life.

Canada Drives2019-02-19

"Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Canada Drives2018-11-26

"Amazing Sales Experience"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

Canada Drives2018-11-06

Canada Drives Response

December 3, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Canada Drives. We appreciate your feedback! We developed a really strong training program to help our staff become the experts they are.

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work. Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn. Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have. Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office. The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture. The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it! We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate. All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal). The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Canada Drives2018-03-24

Canada Drives Response

June 11, 2018HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one. The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride in the making this an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. As a fast growing company we know we’re not perfect, but we really look to be better each day and are excited about the opportunities that are created for all of our employees as we build a world class company together.

Found 33 reviews